Meghan Trainor - ‘The Love Train’

224 posts in this topic

MileyKeshaCamilla

She really should have made this her ‘treat myself’ EP and put treat myself on it and then drop another EP soon with a new single,and put no excuses can’t dance and let you be right on it then start fresh next year with a return to her ‘title’ era sound. 

A whole new concept right now is not what she needed imo 

Scandalous

top 5 on itunes with a barely promoted EP is like VERY much exceeding expectations after her latest singles bombed. I know it doesn't really take too much to get a top 5 album on itunes these days but EPs rarely go top 10 at all, especially for someone as irrelevant as Meghan is right now :rip:  it proves people are still interested in her, she just needs the right song. I hope they push All the Ways, that could be it

zach
1 hour ago, Scandalous said:

top 5 on itunes with a barely promoted EP is like VERY much exceeding expectations after her latest singles bombed. I know it doesn't really take too much to get a top 5 album on itunes these days but EPs rarely go top 10 at all, especially for someone as irrelevant as Meghan is right now :rip:  it proves people are still interested in her, she just needs the right song. I hope they push All the Ways, that could be it

Right? I’m shook

XtinaPanicGodney

the ep was surprisingly really good. i'm down, all the ways and foolish snapped

yonsé

foolish is good. the rest is nothing new from her. more twee ukelele songs? like girl come on.

Bombshell

Daryl getting that writing credit on "Good Mornin" :clap3:

goldstargay

She sounds like Kellie Pickler on After You

DancingShoes

All the Ways is best song here and Foolish is good.

SealitwithaJ

Gave it a listen because Treat Myself & Let You Be Right were bops that were done wrong imo. & I have to say it is a really solid EP, yeah the theme is a bit cutesy/cheesey, but it’s themed around Love & for Valentines Day so that is kinda the point. I really hope she has some success with this, it will really be deserved tbh. :heart2:

AvrilLaQueen
17 hours ago, Scandalous said:

hopefully she goes #1 on Valentines Day, her song Mom always charts high on Mother's Day :jonny5:

Needy

#4 on iTunes now :jonny2: Do y;all think this has a shot at a top 10 entry on Billboard? Its holding up well on sales but I assume the streaming is nonexistent 

Almighty Gaga
42 minutes ago, Needy said:

#4 on iTunes now :jonny2: Do y;all think this has a shot at a top 10 entry on Billboard? Its holding up well on sales but I assume the streaming is nonexistent 

Definitely not. It might not even make the top 100.

No SEA, no TEA, no physicals. All it has is iKoons.

PopFan
52 minutes ago, Needy said:

It won’t be in the top 100

Needy
1 hour ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Definitely not. It might not even make the top 100.

No SEA, no TEA, no physicals. All it has is iKoons.

Oh :rip: I would say top 40 would be a decent debut if it made it tbh

Almighty Gaga
6 minutes ago, Needy said:

Oh :rip: I would say top 40 would be a decent debut if it made it tbh

Top40 needs 14k.

Now that i think about it, #4 on ikoons is maybe 3k, which isn't even enough to make the Billboard 200.

Needy
18 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Top40 needs 14k.

Now that i think about it, #4 on ikoons is maybe 3k, which isn't even enough to make the Billboard 200.

Yeah, just checked and Alessia Cara's album debuted at #71 with like 12k units first week so this will def be outside the top 100 :rip: Let's just enjoy the music

issgouding

i never liked her before i never liked a single song by her

but i just gave a listen to this EP and i'm loving her new sound :jonny: 

Needy

good mornin' is the worst and Foolish and ATW are the best

AvrilLaQueen

Foolish has 42k views while Marry Me has 100k views, organically, without any playlists on the biggest streaming platform. Next single confirmed?

blackstar

Bombshell

I wish Foolish had a proper bridge, it gets a bit repetitive towards the end  

Phoenixstar

Y'all..I was reminded of "walkofshame" or a track from Title when ATW's bridge was playing. I loved that long note and was hoping for one more "yea" but yea, it didn't happen so.

Marry Me is a cute but forgotten mess.

The production of I'm down is actually nice with those guitar.

After You is really beautiful. A more stripped version of "ATW" if you ask me.

Foolish is better after the verse 1. 

And nothing for Good Morning.