Alessia Cara, 32 adds: Out Of Love

28 posts in this topic

Topaz

Im pretty sure its the next single. Also its spotify streams grew quickly.

Truth Teller

Rooting for the songwriting queen to get a moderate hit

Goofy

it's actually a really really pretty n sad song, I'm rooting for her

JCON

I demand justice for Alessia! 

This song and A Little More deserve to smash

Miles.

The payola queen using payola to force radio to play another of her flops?  I'm shocked.

Why does this have it's own thread?

Truth Teller
4 minutes ago, Miles. said:

The payola queen using payola to force radio to play another of her flops?  I'm shocked.

Why does this have it's own thread?

The song hasn't even cracked the mediabase top 50 yet. Can we save the fumes for when it actually shows any actual signs of payola?

Dolce Vita
6 minutes ago, Miles. said:

The payola queen using payola to force radio to play another of her flops?  I'm shocked

eye- 

ot: like this song :clap3: 

DemiRexha

I love that she released the album despite not having a big hit. It showed her artistic integrity and I hope that one of her singles does well cause Growing Pains was really good didn’t deserve to flop 

Divine

32 adds when the last 2 singles bombed. :skull: There is definitely payola going on.

Truth Teller
29 minutes ago, Divine said:

32 adds when the last 2 singles bombed. :skull: There is definitely payola going on.

Jeremy Zucker got 23 adds and Fletcher got 19. Do they have recent smash hits? Besides, the fact that Alessia's singles and album bombed is, if anything, a reason to refute payola. Why would any label bother to pay for forced airplay for an unsuccessful era?

Getting adds is NOTHING. The real deal is to get heavy rotation. Anyone can get adds and amass a little bit of airplay. Livvia and Logan Henderson are top 40 and their songs aren't doing anything, anywhere else. If Alessia's song starts getting spammed, we can bring back the payola argument. For now, it literally hasn't done anything.

Superpower
5 hours ago, Divine said:

You sound like you know nothing about radio adds. 

Flopping doesn’t mean radio stations have to blacklist you :skull: 

They can add her song and give it a shot especially since she always slay the callouts.

ultraviolence.xx

it’s what she deserves! 

Mezter

Sis needs to release Nintendo Game. I heard it in the store today and it slaps!

Divine
5 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

Jeremy Zucker got 23 adds and Fletcher got 19. Do they have recent smash hits? Besides, the fact that Alessia's singles and album bombed is, if anything, a reason to refute payola. Why would any label bother to pay for forced airplay for an unsuccessful era?

Getting adds is NOTHING. The real deal is to get heavy rotation. Anyone can get adds and amass a little bit of airplay. Livvia and Logan Henderson are top 40 and their songs aren't doing anything, anywhere else. If Alessia's song starts getting spammed, we can bring back the payola argument. For now, it literally hasn't done anything.

1 hour ago, Superpower said:

You sound like you know nothing about radio adds. 

Flopping doesn’t mean radio stations have to blacklist you :skull: 

They can add her song and give it a shot especially since she always slay the callouts.

lol why are y'all so pressed.

I'm just saying, if this album clearly isn't resonating with people, I don't know why they're still trying to play her stuff, meanwhile songs like Shallow have been #1 on iTunes for months and pop radio won't play them. It just shows that programmers' preferences play too much of a factor when top 40 radio is supposed to play HITS.

Truth Teller
15 hours ago, Divine said:

lol why are y'all so pressed.

I'm just saying, if this album clearly isn't resonating with people, I don't know why they're still trying to play her stuff, meanwhile songs like Shallow have been #1 on iTunes for months and pop radio won't play them. It just shows that programmers' preferences play too much of a factor when top 40 radio is supposed to play HITS.

Nobody's pressed though. We just responded to you

Anyway, why wouldn't they try to play her stuff if they hear potential in it? The song was mainly added by very small stations, has under 1M AI and isn't taking off fast enough to warrant a side-eye. It's not like they're forcefeeding it to anyone. If the song ends up getting significant early airplay, it's just what you said ; programmers' preferences. Not necessarily payola. I don't like much of what pop radio plays nor do I care for the way they seem to operate, but it is what it is. They picked up Close To Me and Ruin My Life and I was scratching my head as to why, yet they ended up resonating. They're both top 50 on shazam now.

Lukey

I want this to do something. An amazing song :weeps: 

-mUsIcLoVeR-

Rooting for the Grammy Award winner. Out Of Love is an amazing track

LCTV
23 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

The song hasn't even cracked the mediabase top 50 yet. Can we save the fumes for when it actually shows any actual signs of payola?

It also hasnt cracked the Top 500 on itunes either.

Truth Teller
59 minutes ago, LCTV said:

It also hasnt cracked the Top 500 on itunes either.

1 out of 5 songs in the current pop radio top 50 aren't in the iTunes top 500. And considering the #100 song on iTunes is selling 3k this week, does it really matter if she's N/A or #420? Sure, it shows some level of response, but not much. Besides, the album's already out and she isn't promoting the song right now, it's not gonna sell anything based on 15 tiny stations playing it 4 times each. 

I don't really believe in the song in general and I don't think it's gonna do much, but that's irrelevant. If it doesn't resonate anywhere else, it will inevitably be dropped by radio. Trust My Lonely, unfortunately, didn't click so it peaked at like... 11M AI and then fell off

Headlock

It’s such a beautiful song, hope it smashes :clap3:

Truth Teller

ALESSIA CARA Out Of Love 779 259 1.167

+19 spins

-48 bullet

-0.016 audience

PAYOLA!!! (sic)

DancingShoes

They should've got her to do the collab with Shawn at the Grammys instead of Miley :michael: