Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Christina Aguilera - The Xperience

475 posts in this topic

her last show, she was on fire :flame:

she just keeps getting better.

europe will get to receive. 

This bitch :jonny5:

I’m thinking of going to see her in September, which GA side is the best one? Left or right? 

Also, how much is the show length? Around 2h? 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I’m thinking of going to see her in September, which GA side is the best one? Left or right? 

Also, how much is the show length? Around 2h? 

She splits her time pretty evenly tbh, but she also will go down and grab hands with whichever side is the rowdiest too, during my show it was the left side. 

Show is like 1.5 hr as most songs are shortened. 

Posted (edited)

I was planning to wait until my M&G picture was ready, but I am gonna review my Christina 'weekend' now. This was my first ever and 2nd time seeing Christina live. I had no real expectations so I went in pretty blind, despite being a big fan since I was young.

I had seating tickets in Antwerp. The venue wasn't sold out as we all know. But still the show has rumored to had like a crowd of 8.000+ people and that is still an amazing crowd after an abscence of 13 years in Europe. The support Act the Drax Project was pretty annoying for me personally, I already saw them as support act for Camila Cabello last year and they had the same setlist. The screaming during some songs including the Justin Timberlake covers was making my ears bleed lmao.

Christina was a bit late since her stage elevator had a malfunction so she had to crawl/climb to the stage so the show had a 20 minute delay. The show was amazing overall, the setlist is pretty solid and she was vocally on point. The highlights during this show for me personally were the opening, Maria/Twice and the Dirrty section.

Overall I think for me as a first time Christina concert attender, it was an amazing show. She was vocally on point and she really looked she was having fun every second of the show. I think that is also what this tour symbolised, her doing her. There were a few flaws imo. that could have made the set a little more tight and overall pleasing. For one, there are a bit too many interludes and certain 'acts' could have benefitted from some additions. Like I love 'Glam' and I screamed and danced to it in both Antwerp and Amsterdam but it doesn't need be an interlude for the whole duration of the song, a 1:30/2:00 edit could have worked better. Also the Fall In Line/Boys Wanna Be Her interlude/intro is also a bit too long. I feel she either should have used either or them or sung Fall In Line after Sick Of Sittin'.

I feel the act featuring Ain't No Other Man/Candyman/Accelerate could have done without Feel This Moment. I feel Not Myself Tonight after Candyman or even Carwash included between Ain't No Other Man and Candyman would have been a better option. Feel This Moment could have been a cute medley with Let There Be Love, if she still needed to include it and also make the 'Encore' a proper one. Since it feels a little too short to properly work imo.

It was my first Xtina experience and I hope it won't be the last one. I adored every little second of it, and in a perfect world with more money resources and more free time, I would have loved to attend more dates and even go to Vegas. Christina is an amazing performer and after 13 years she delivered a solid set, that even though there is room for improvement still was amazing.

After this experience I must say that I think it is a crime that 'Twice' wasn't single though. The slayed that vocally, the song is beautiful and deserved to be one of her signatures.

18) Christina Aguilera

Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood

Las Vegas

June 5, 7-8, 2019

$1,328,862

8,463/11,776

20) Christina Aguilera

Las Vegas

June 13, 15, 2019

$1,122,436

7,371/8,438

36) Christina Aguilera

Las Vegas

May 31, 2019

$594,304

3,267/3,932

43) Christina Aguilera

Las Vegas

June 1, 2019

$521,282

2,911/4,008

Total Gross: $3,566,884 (7/16)

Tickets Sold/Available: 22,012/28,154 (79.18%)

Average Gross: $509,554

Average Attendance: 3,144/4,022

Just one area at the top blocked:clap3:

Sold out! Completely full!

That’s looking good so far, Berlin! 

The false info here in this forum

It wasn't full in Berlin , I was there 

The standing was 75-80% full

the lower seating was 95% full 

and the upper seating the side ones were 50% full and the upper seating on the back of the arena facing the stage was closed with curtains 

So do the math

Honestly I was expecting far worse but still , Backstreet boys were there a month ago and that one was completely full 

I have to say I was completely disappointed 

It was if not the worst , one of the worst concerts ive ever been

The production was cheaper than a local artist , the costumes horrible , the setlist completely messy . The way she was going from one song to the other , the ending . . . terrible 

And the worst part is that I spent 100e for this and the last minute viagogo was selling standing for 30e 

I am debating to also go to the 2nd London date, but since I start with a new job in two weeks, I first have to look whether I am able to take days off :rip:

You guys are posting in the wrong thread. This is the Vegas residency. The X Tour is the European tour. @BradySpears change the op titles I guess.

16 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

You guys are posting in the wrong thread. This is the Vegas residency. The X Tour is the European tour. @BradySpears change the op titles I guess.

Oops :jonny2:

3 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

:clap3:

20 hours ago, shark_heather said:

I have to say I was completely disappointed 

It was if not the worst , one of the worst concerts ive ever been

The production was cheaper than a local artist , the costumes horrible , the setlist completely messy . The way she was going from one song to the other , the ending . . . terrible 

And the worst part is that I spent 100e for this and the last minute viagogo was selling standing for 30e 

I lowkey agree with this...it was a rushed and sloppt tour in all kinds of ways...very half-assed compared to her peers....I was underwhelmed aswell tbh:priceless:

Why are people so obsessed with her tour sales? it's so weird and it's not even fans obsessing it's other fanbases constantly being negative and antagonistic, let us Christina fans have our moment, IDGAF about whoever popstar I don't like, I just ignore them.

I am just grateful that she is touring again after a 13 year absence, I hope she goes to Asia, It's my dream to see her live since Reflection during 1998.

17 minutes ago, BabyJane said:

Why are people so obsessed with her tour sales? it's so weird and it's not even fans obsessing it's other fanbases constantly being negative and antagonistic, let us Christina fans have our moment, IDGAF about whoever popstar I don't like, I just ignore them.

I am just grateful that she is touring again after a 13 year absence, I hope she goes to Asia, It's my dream to see her live since Reflection during 1998.

because gays obsess over other people's money like its theirs

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, BabyJane said:

PERIOD

6 hours ago, BabyJane said:

Exactly this. I never had the chance to see her live and I am grateful I finally see her twice for that matter, something I dreamed about since I was a kid. I don't care about tour gross, I don't care about sales. Aslong as she keeps releasing music, keeps touring and is happy about that.

6 hours ago, BabyJane said:

Competition is just a natural reaction. It's part of the human. but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

15 hours ago, itsnickcray said:

Competition is just a natural reaction. It's part of the human. but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

That's not an excuse to tear down other people and insult them and call them failures, I mean at the end of the day why not focus on what you love and not what you dislike.

15 hours ago, J-esper said:

Exactly this. I never had the chance to see her live and I am grateful I finally see her twice for that matter, something I dreamed about since I was a kid. I don't care about tour gross, I don't care about sales. Aslong as she keeps releasing music, keeps touring and is happy about that.

I hear you, it just get's a bit annoying having to see so much negativity on artists that I like, I mean I've been waiting forever for her to tour and now that she is, other fanbases try to rain on our parade.

Anyway I decided to just ignore it starting now and not engage in their games.