Zara Larsson #2 on UK iTunes + Clean Bandit

BlazingLovatic

13 minutes ago, J a y said:

No one knows who she is at the moment. Even my posts from this week prove that as I confused her and Tori (forgot her second name.)

They're both just blonde girls who can sing. Huuuuge difference between walking down the street and instantly recognising Beyoncé/Rihanna/Gaga and then walking past the likes of Zara Larsson without knowing because I barely know who she is or what she looks like.

Kimbra anyone? Know what she looks like? Me neither and she won a Grammy I believe. These multiple featured verses on more famous people's songs only does so much, and it's always lesser known, struggling pop acts (Tinashe just featured on a terrible song with Tinie!)

She really needs to get out there.. solidify her name and image. Furthermore, it proves to me that her team are working hard so ranting and raving about her now as if she's special contradicts what her label are doing.

I think the UK GP are really starting to know her. I mean she's had A LOT of hits this past year and a half.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MississippiZara

• BlazingLovatic

• kellysclarkson

• Cloudy

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, BlazingLovatic said:

Zara's I Would Like just peaked at #2 in the UK without being a single, without a music video and without features. Who else is doing that except Ed Sheeran?

So Good flopped cause its a crap song and not because of Zara's lack of star power. It's an obv anomaly in her discography.

Ofc they both contributed, but ppl act like Zara's contribution is 0% when she's a big enough solo artist in her own right.

She peaked at number two under Clean Bandit's Rockabye, a song that stayed at number one for 9 consecutive weeks. Just saying. 

5 minutes ago, kellysclarkson said:

She peaked at number two under Clean Bandit's Rockabye, a song that stayed at number one for 9 consecutive weeks. Just saying. 

YES, with a song that wasn't a single, without a music video and without features.

Sounds like a successful solo artist who can carry her own singles to me.

Just saying:

Zara Larssson's biggest solo hit sold 1.2 million and was the 6th biggest selling song of the year

Clean Bandit's biggest solo hit sold 200,000 and didn't reach any year-end charts.

Wish it was for a better song, but slay. :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

Is this something we should be surprised about? :huh:

Yeah actually 

Clean Bandit are No.2 and she is on featuring 

:cm:

13 minutes ago, BlazingLovatic said:

Just saying:

Zara Larssson's biggest solo hit sold 1.2 million and was the 6th biggest selling song of the year

Clean Bandit's biggest solo hit sold 200,000 and didn't reach any year-end charts.

They've got only one solo single 

but your point is probably that CB are no2 thanks too Zara Larsson :ahh:

yeah right good luck with it

theybare no two thank to prev hit RockaBye

Talking about Clean bandits "solo" hits is a moot point. They are an act that bring in featured vocailsts like The Chainsmokers. Neither act need to bring in big names to have smashes. Anne marie is not big. Halsey and Zara were not big names they are middle rankers still climbing the fame ladder.

2 hours ago, BlazingLovatic said:

Clean Bandit - Symphony (feat. Zara Larsson)
  0.6851 0.6476 0.6448

cute music video 

46 minutes ago, BlazingLovatic said:

Just saying:

i don't think you understand who clean bandit is and why they don't do many solo stuff ?????? 

They're both contributing to the song's success. Stop.

Not shocked! The performance was amazing. It's a pretty mediocre song (granted Rockabye sucked and spent 9 weeks at #1), but I love seeing Zara get more success.

Hopefully they can overtake Ed but I'm doubtful.

5 hours ago, BlazingLovatic said:

Just saying:

There's no point comparing solo songs from Clean Bandit when they're producers.  If you were fair and looked at Rather Be, it sold 2M+ in the UK alone and was the #2 song of the year 

just congratulate both of them, why are ppl so pressed?

5 hours ago, BlazingLovatic said:

Just saying:

Compare their latest singles while you're at it:

Zara Larsson's last single : #44 

Clean Bandit's last single : #1 for 9 weeks

2 hours ago, Starkboy said:

Compare their latest singles while you're at it:

Zara Larsson's last single : #44 

Clean Bandit's last single : #1 for 9 weeks

I think you are confused as her latest single I Would Like peaked at #2 

10 hours ago, Lemon Drops said:

Thanks to Clean Bandit.

Lol. People like you are what's so wrong with this website. Why do y'all have to find literally EVERY way to pay Zara dust?

10 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Clean Bandit have 6 other Top 5 hits in the UK and just came off a 9-week #1 smash so let's not act like this is all thanks to Zara when So Good flopped pretty much everywhere...

OT: Congrats, great song

HAHA So Good flopped? I hope your not talking about the album? Because it literally went top 5 like everywhere in Europe and is the most streamed debut album on Spotify? It flopped?

Go, Zara! :p 

9 hours ago, J a y said:

No one knows who she is at the moment. Even my posts from this week prove that as I confused her and Tori (forgot her second name.)

They're both just blonde girls who can sing. Huuuuge difference between walking down the street and instantly recognising Beyoncé/Rihanna/Gaga and then walking past the likes of Zara Larsson without knowing because I barely know who she is or what she looks like.

Kimbra anyone? Know what she looks like? Me neither and she won a Grammy I believe. These multiple featured verses on more famous people's songs only does so much, and it's always lesser known, struggling pop acts (Tinashe just featured on a terrible song with Tinie!)

She really needs to get out there.. solidify her name and image. Furthermore, it proves to me that her team are working hard so ranting and raving about her now as if she's special contradicts what her label are doing.

You not knowing who Zara is, is a YOU problem. Not hers. 

#2 with I Would Like

#3 with NFY and LL

Top 10 with Girls Like and AMF

Summer Hit with This Ones For You

Now Symphony.

So you not knowing who she is definitely is just a You problem.

9 hours ago, kellysclarkson said:

Yes she peaked at #2 with a NON single under Clean Bandits SINGLE Rockabye. Congrats!

Im not even saying Clean Bandit isn't bigger in the U.K. Than Zara, they probably are. But like don't act like it's all Clean Bandit pulling the weight here as Zara is huge there as well.

They still haven't topped "Rather Be" :cm:

9 hours ago, Lophorina said:

They've got only one solo single 

but your point is probably that CB are no2 thanks too Zara Larsson :ahh:

yeah right good luck with it

theybare no two thank to prev hit RockaBye

I would probably come up with something to say to this if it made any sense, But it doesn't. Read it over hunbunches you make no sense!