ATRL Town Hall Thread: January '19 Community Feedback

301 posts in this topic

9UBz4Zb.png

What Is This?

This ATRL Townhall thread will help provide feedback and discussion for upcoming or potential changes that may or may not happen to the site, as well as giving users a way to communicate directly with the administration and moderating team.

“Isn’t that what HQ is for?”

HQ is more a real time question/answer thread. Townhalls will be used differently.

Opening Agenda

As you all know, new admins were installed recently. There’s a ton of work to be done, and @Lee!! and @Ryan have already begun making smaller changes to affect the quality of life here. They've fixed the Recently Popular Topics, removed annoying default emojisworked to remove expired points, disabled resource intensive settings that cause 503 errorsidentified all plugins that need to be updated.

Everybody wants to know what’s going on with ATRL with the change. What's their vision? What will they do? What are their plans? ATRL has been online for 20 years. That’s extraordinary. We've been around longer than some pop girls' careers. One of the reasons for our success is we change with the times.

Admittedly, we haven't been at our best lately. Server issues are a headache of their own, but we haven’t been doing the one thing that we should do, and that’s listen to our members. We acknowledge that some of the existing rules may have suffocated discussion, and moderator action may not have provided enough explanation. That the "fun" of this community has taken a bit of a hit. All of that is going to change, and that starts now.

We hope for a fresh start as a new era in ATRL begins. All of us are responsible for ensuring that all of you have the best possible experience that there is. We’re going to empower our members, giving you a direct voice in what you want. In the coming months you’re going to see new members, new features, new changes that will hopefully benefit the community. If you are an ATRL + Member, you'll see one of those changes tonight when visiting the lounge.

As long as we give you less of what you don’t want, and more of what you do, ATRL will always be obsessed with pop culture.

Community Agenda for January '19

1. Removing outdated rules (specifically nicknames, flamebait, off-topic)

2. Types of threads (do you want more substantive discussion)?

3. Pick one thing you like about ATRL currently, two things you’d like more of, and three things you would change about the community.

We hope you will give honest, constructive answers. The goal of this thread is to improve ATRL, not attack mods, past admins or the new ones. We will weigh your feedback and work to incorporate it into ATRL's new future.

6 minutes ago, ATRL Feedback said:

If you are an ATRL + Member, you'll see one of those changes tonight when visiting the lounge.

Oh?

This sounds like a really great idea- and ensures all people can participate in developing rules/threads etc! 

I was wondering why I saw that section. Very chicque. :eli:

Waiting for 'Currently browsing' and 'Warning received' and profiles looking normal again :clap3: i know yall working on it

12 minutes ago, ATRL Feedback said:

worked to remove expired points,

fake news, i still got all mine

This new stuff is still a lil too PG-13...

But the enthusiasm from the admins & staff is amazing. Hopefully it continues! 

I appreciate that you guys are being transparent with everything. That's a sign of good leadership! :gaycat3:

I know that this has been discussed multiple times but will we ever be able to center embedded tweets, Youtube videos, Spotify links etc..?

How exciting! I'm so happy that ATRL is finally returning to its glory days :jonny: 

Hopefully the new changes are substantial.

6 minutes ago, Caesar said:

fake news, i still got all mine

Next time I run a test I'll include your username in the batch of sample data. 

5 minutes ago, iHype. said:

This new stuff is still a lil too PG-13...

But the enthusiasm from the admins & staff is amazing. Hopefully it continues! 

Thanks, iHype. It's still beta so we're definitely open to revisiting the specifics in there. We wanna see how it goes before we push the rating up some. 

20 minutes ago, ATRL Feedback said:

If you are an ATRL + Member, you'll see one of those changes tonight when visiting the lounge.

4rOfe6i.gif 

Love the enthusiasm from Lee and Ryan already! It's nice to see you so focused on making ATRL better already :heart2: 

I want that button back that takes me to the first unread post in a thread I've been in before.

More Vixx, that's all I ask for.

23 minutes ago, ATRL Feedback said:

Can't wait:gaycat5:

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

May I be included as well, King? :gaycat4:

9 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

I know that this has been discussed multiple times but will we ever be able to center embedded tweets, Youtube videos, Spotify links etc..?

I think I know how to allow that. I'll test it over the weekend.

Oh wow, this is a great idea. The new admins are killing it :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I think I know how to allow that. I'll test it over the weekend.

Thank you :heart2:

39 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Remove my perma points pls 

tenor.gif?itemid=11680663

I will believe when I see it :fan:

But Ryan used to be an amazing mod and him being admin can be a very good thing so I can't wait to see the results it along with Lee

Good luck guys