Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

UK not allowed to vote on Brexit deal again without changes

768 posts in this topic

Marla Singer
1 hour ago, Ashley Banks said:

Can Theresa May unilaterally revoke article 50 or does it need to pass a vote through parliament?

Probably needs to be voted on again as triggering article 50 also had to be voted on.

Unless she can use the vote last week to take No Deal off the table as justification for going ahead and triggering it, but that vote was not legally binding.

Chemist
On 3/16/2019 at 11:11 AM, DUA LIPA said:

i mean in theory they could try getting some sort of "infinite" extension passed 

I guess you were wrong Xx

Diarrhoea
6 hours ago, Ashley Banks said:

Can Theresa May unilaterally revoke article 50 or does it need to pass a vote through parliament?

The ECJ ruled that it needed a democratic vote, either in Parliament or through a referendum

DUA LIPA
12 hours ago, Chemist said:

I guess you were wrong Xx

stop this passive aggressive bs

3H9bZ2M.gif  

jinzo

The sane thing to do at this point would be a public referendum: Remain / May's Deal / No Deal

_106030500_5bee745f-e4cc-4b01-8f8b-f2969

Buyonce1814

It's strange to me that Theresa May and her cronies want to vote on the deal multiple times yet think it's undemocratic to have another referendum or peoples vote because "people already voted to leave" 

The Next Day

I'm growing tired of this bull****

Marla Singer

It's hilarious to see Brexiteers who were so strongly against a second referendum and who hated May's deal losing their **** over Bercow blocking a third vote on May's deal.

Letemtalk
1 hour ago, jinzo said:

The sane thing to do at this point would be a public referendum: Remain / May's Deal / No Deal

The problem with a three way vote is that if each option gets about 33% what does it mean?

• The majority want to leave?
  • The majority reject May's Deal
  • The majority reject No Deal

Right now it's getting close to the deadline. So now it's extension or no deal and some are just going to do everything to stall until it's no deal.

BadMonster
1 hour ago, Letemtalk said:

The problem with a three way vote is that if each option gets about 33% what does it mean?

• The majority want to leave?
  • The majority reject May's Deal
  • The majority reject No Deal

Right now it's getting close to the deadline. So now it's extension or no deal and some are just going to do everything to stall until it's no deal.

I think it should be referendum with two questions, so people who vote remain can still give their preference in case Brexit wins

Brexit:

Remain

Brexit

If Brexit:

May's deal

No deal

Lukey
23 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

I think it should be referendum with two questions, so people who vote remain can still give their preference in case Brexit wins

Brexit:

Remain

Brexit

If Brexit:

May's deal

No deal

Girl, lets not make it more complicated then it has to be

Actually, lets make it more complicated and confuse the leave voters

Lukey

Adonis
21 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

Brexit:

Remain

Brexit

If Brexit:

May's deal

No deal

The problem is the simple option will win by default in that case. I feel like it skews the votes in favor of nay, I’d rather take the chance of there being a three way split. Because if there is a split then you know people really want out of the EU. Actually reading that I’ve come to the conclusion your way is the way to go.

B'Day
7 hours ago, Buyonce1814 said:

It's strange to me that Theresa May and her cronies want to vote on the deal multiple times yet think it's undemocratic to have another referendum or peoples vote because "people already voted to leave" 

It’s stupid how we can’t adjust on a decision we made THREE years ago. 

Gavin Stenhouse
11 hours ago, Buyonce1814 said:

This.

Ryann

can we just have another referendum but this time ban anyone over 50 from voting

wlKjaKM.gif