Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

EU to decide whether or not to take mercy on the UK

937 posts in this topic

Marla Singer

May's deal will probably lose for a 3rd time next week, and then if she is denied an extension by the EU (which I think is quite possible because the EU are a lot more prepared for No Deal and it only takes 1 country to say no), she'll probably have a 4th and final vote on her deal, and that is probably her best chance of getting her own deal through the line.

The fact that they can't do a second referendum on Brexit after an extremely close vote 2-3 years ago where voters were mis-informed and lied to, but will be doing 3, potentially 4 votes on the Brexit deal in Parliament in the space of a few months after it has been overwhelmingly rejected in multiple votes that were well-informed and not even remotely close. :toofunny3:

There will be a movie made about this DISASTER. Can't wait to see who plays Theresa May and John Bercow.

TomTom2288
4 minutes ago, Marla Singer said:

The fact that they can't do a second referendum on Brexit after an extremely close vote 2-3 years ago where voters were mis-informed and lied to, but will be doing 3, potentially 4 votes on the Brexit deal in Parliament in the space of a few months after it has been overwhelmingly rejected in multiple votes that were well-informed and not even remotely close. :toofunny3:

This is the biggest hypocrisy in all this for me. The way May and others keep repeating how a second referendum would betray the will of the people, but SHAMELESSLY let parliament vote on her deal over and over again, hoping they will get the desired result sometime. The double-standards JUMPED out.

TheFlyingRobot

I've been paying attention to this for so long and I'm really trying to form an opinion on the whole situation but I can't... So basically the whole damn thing is going to be delayed for another 2 years... What a mess... 

giphy.gif

Relampago.
6 hours ago, Pandora said:

Why should the EU have mercy on the UK when it’s the UK being an absolute mess?

I mean tea, but I just don't want the inncocent UK ppl to suffer bc of the incompetence of leaders. The politicians don't deserve it but the public doesn't deserve to suffer for the politicians' idiocy :rip: 

inspiration4
On 1/18/2019 at 9:57 AM, reece(: said:

:rip: :rip: :rip: 

Two more weeks :ahh: 

inspiration4
Posted (edited)

It seems weird to me that so many people (including some “experts” now) are assuming the EU will grant the extension. 

If it were a majority-wins vote, I could see it, but it has to be a unanimous vote to accept among all 23 member countries to pass. 

I have ave a feeling they’ll reject and then May will put her deal forth again, & it’ll finally pass given the no-deal alternative. I’ve thought this for a while though. 

Pop culture
17 minutes ago, inspiration4 said:

It seems weird to me that so many people (including some “experts” now) are assuming the EU will grant the extension. 

If it were a majority-wins vote, I could see it, but it has to be a unanimous vote to accept among all 23 member countries to pass. 

I have ave a feeling they’ll reject and then May will put her deal forth again, & it’ll finally pass given the no-deal alternative. I’ve thought this for a while though. 

There are 28 member states in the EU

RihannaRTT
4 hours ago, inspiration4 said:

and hopefully the speaker will cancel it before it begins. Then, May's only options are No Deal vs Revoke Article 50. :fan: Brexit cancelled :fan: 

HoneyHoney
10 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

This is all so entertaining to watch since I don't live there

Can't imagine how it must feel to live in the UK right now :priceless:

Terrible. Every day I'm closer and closer to boxing my racist coworkers.

Lukey
19 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

and hopefully the speaker will cancel it before it begins. Then, May's only options are No Deal vs Revoke Article 50. :fan: Brexit cancelled :fan: 

Come through John, PLEASE :jonny2: 

DUA LIPA
20 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

tbh i wouldn't even be surprised if may and the parliament would rather pull thru no deal than admit that they have failed by revoking article 50.

sad that most of them won't suffer at all but regular people (who probably have also voted for this so that's just even messier)

HoneyHoney
9 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

This is the biggest hypocrisy in all this for me. The way May and others keep repeating how a second referendum would betray the will of the people, but SHAMELESSLY let parliament vote on her deal over and over again, hoping they will get the desired result sometime. The double-standards JUMPED out.

It is a horrible hypocrisy, but the polls have been consistent that the public doesn't want another referendum. It's incredibly unpopular and MPs will vote accordingly, meaning there is simply no way of achieving a parliamentary majority for a 2nd ref. If a people's vote is going to gain any momentum, people need to start mobilising and lobbying their MPs.

Lukey
1 minute ago, DUA LIPA said:

tbh i wouldn't even be surprised if may and the parliament would rather pull thru no deal than admit that they have failed by revoking article 50.

sad that most of them won't suffer at all but regular people (who probably have also voted for this so that's just even messier)

They can SUFFER. I'm glad. If I have to suffer when I don't want any part of this, I hope they suffer much worse than me.

DUA LIPA
2 minutes ago, Lukey said:

They can SUFFER. I'm glad. If I have to suffer when I don't want any part of this, I hope they suffer much worse than me.

well i obviously don't want the pro eu allies to suffer at all :!ohno:

TomTom2288
43 minutes ago, HoneyHoney said:

It is a horrible hypocrisy, but the polls have been consistent that the public doesn't want another referendum. It's incredibly unpopular and MPs will vote accordingly, meaning there is simply no way of achieving a parliamentary majority for a 2nd ref. If a people's vote is going to gain any momentum, people need to start mobilising and lobbying their MPs.

I‘m not even complaining that there is no majority for a second referendum. Just about the double-standards.

• no majority in the population for a second referendum = MPs vote against it accordingly 

• no majority for May‘s deal among MPs = doesn‘t matter, we will vote as long as it‘s passed.

Who asked the population if they find it ok that  the House will vote on May‘s deal for a third or even fourth time? Nobody. But concerning a second referendum, everybody is pretending to be servant of the people‘s will suddenly.

americanshameless
11 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

May's deal will probably lose for a 3rd time next week, and then if she is denied an extension by the EU (which I think is quite possible because the EU are a lot more prepared for No Deal and it only takes 1 country to say no), she'll probably have a 4th and final vote on her deal, and that is probably her best chance of getting her own deal through the line.

There will be a movie made about this DISASTER. Can't wait to see who plays Theresa May and John Bercow.

There’s already one coming out

Chemist
18 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

Do you want this deal? No.

Do you want no deal? No.

Do you want to leave? No.

Do you want to stay? No.

Do you want this coalition? No.

Do you want to amend Article 50? No.

Do you want Theresa May? Yes!

:psyduck:

kj\ahsh

Is there a possibility that the EU gives permission of indefinitely delaying brexit and that the british parlament keeps on rejecting every deal over and over?

Is there like a limit of how many deals can the parliament reject??

TomTom2288
5 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

I was just looking at BBC's news website and :ahh: the middle pic :ahh: 

3UlAwd5.png

Here in Germany too :deadbanana:

A5FaWYJ.png

LKrTnao.png

eaucitronnée
1 hour ago, RihannaRTT said:

I was just looking at BBC's news website and :ahh: the middle pic :ahh: 

3UlAwd5.png

:skull: :skull: :skull:

CaptainMusic
11 hours ago, Pop culture said:

There are 28 member states in the EU

It will be interesting/messy to see which countries reject the extension if any.