Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

Florence + The Machine - "Moderation"

28 posts in this topic

Supervillain

New song performed at their show today.

Gringo

I'll never understand why artists are debuting new songs live. You can't appreciate the production and lyrics if you don't hear them properly. Like release it on streaming platforms as standalone single, if you are not prepared to release an album.

paradisedarkness

People who were in this concert confirmed it's a new song. So I'm happy

Ichinaru19
58 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I'll never understand why artists are debuting new songs live. You can't appreciate the production and lyrics if you don't hear them properly. Like release it on streaming platforms as standalone single, if you are not prepared to release an album.

Because they can? Hopefully she will end up releasing it soon

ultraviolence.xx

oh wow oh wow

Supervillain

OMFG it sounds incredible :jonny2:

IMadeYouReadThis

WHAT THE HELL IS SHE PULLING ON US AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It doesn't sound like it belongs at all on HAH though

killer_rose

It sounds like What Kind of Man  + 100 Years! 

High as Hoe found dead in a ditch! She better come through with this sounds with an EP or HAH (Deluxe).

BlackoutZone

It sounds amazing, I totally need it now :jonny5: 

Paddy

It sounds great!! I can hear why it didn't made the final cut for High as Hope. But NOW I cannot believe she didn't put it on that Deluxe Edition that came out before exams for 70... 

If it's from the new album, then I hope she won't spoil half or most of the album before she releases it in 2021. 

PoisonCandy

It's brilliant. I really hope they keep this on the setlist. I'm seeing them next week and I'd love to hear it live :jonny5:

Edibles.

I felt like a High as Hope repack could happen.. Ten songs wasn't enough

ahauntingnearu

If this doesn't mean a re-release or deluxe version, I'll freak out. 

Then again, they've never performed a song live that they didn't release. Like when they debuted WTWGM, S&C and BH before Ceremonials

ImpassiveThomas

I hope it's a standalone single or EP cuz I hated the album 😞

Joesuxx

I wonder (hope) if she’ll pull a Tove Lo and put out a volume 2 this year. 

Paddy
17 hours ago, Edibles. said:

I felt like a High as Hope repack could happen.. Ten songs wasn't enough

17 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

If this doesn't mean a re-release or deluxe version, I'll freak out. 

She just wasted a perfect opportunity to include this song on the Deluxe version that came out in November via her web store. I mean, yeah, it was €70 but at least the new song(s) would be out. Ugh. But yeah, here's hoping for Deep as Desire to come out soon because High As Hope is their best album.

ahauntingnearu
3 hours ago, Paddy said:

She just wasted a perfect opportunity to include this song on the Deluxe version that came out in November via her web store. I mean, yeah, it was €70 but at least the new song(s) would be out. Ugh. But yeah, here's hoping for Deep as Desire to come out soon because High As Hope is their best album.

I know, that's why it makes no sense 😞

Also, Deep As Desire?

Paddy
1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Deep As Desire?

Well, I just wanted to come up with some name for a potential pt 2 to High as Hope. :biggrin:  

But honestly, I would be scared of pt.2. This album is flawless, my personal favourite of theirs, and I would be afraid that the new material wouldn't be that good. Maybe re-issue like Lungs had Between Two Lungs, maybe... Like I'd take it no problem. 

Personally I'm not expecting new material until 2020 the earliest. 

ahauntingnearu
1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Well, I just wanted to come up with some name for a potential pt 2 to High as Hope. :biggrin:  

But honestly, I would be scared of pt.2. This album is flawless, my personal favourite of theirs, and I would be afraid that the new material wouldn't be that good. Maybe re-issue like Lungs had Between Two Lungs, maybe... Like I'd take it no problem. 

Personally I'm not expecting new material until 2020 the earliest. 

that's what i figured after i asked hahaha

yeah i mean the Lungs outtakes put out on the re-release weren't as good as the Lungs materials, but they were still really good, and DEFinitely worth the release. i imagine the HAH outtakes would be the same. i'd just hate to know about Mirage, Light Of Love & Moderation and never get to hear - especially with the LOL lyrics & Moderation live performance teases. 

Crescent

I actually really love live debuts of songs. Most of the time these songs actually don’t make the album they are promoting because they don’t quite fit. So it’s like a cute bonus song we weren’t going to hear anyway. If the recorded version does end up being released it’s more than usually different to the live track. To which I normally find the live track superior much like Strangeness and Charm (live at Hammersmith) vs on Ceremonials Deluxe.