26 posts in this topic

JBJT2786

https://deadline.com/2019/01/kevin-hart-the-upside-aquaman-keanu-reeves-replicas-dogs-way-home-weekend-box-office-1202533526/

Hes lucky the studio opened the film on such a weak weekend but Aquaman was predicted to win but that's not the case now. Honestly I wanna see it cuz of Bryan Cranston  but I'll waiting til it on streaming and Netflix in a year.

Any way notables:

#1. The Upside

#2. Aquaman ( will reach 1B WW by Sunday) :clap3:

#11. Bohemian  Rhapsody 

It's crazy that the difference between #1 and #10 is 15 M :rip: January is truly the pits when it comes to B.O.

phreshprince

The film was apparently made YEARS ago :rip:

JBJT2786
2 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

The film was apparently made YEARS ago :rip:

It was held up cuz of the Weinstein scandal. If it wasnt for that this wouldve came out like 2 years ago :rip:

AvrilLaQueen

Bohemian and Second Act slayingT.

ENuuFxD.gif

Chanel4

bumblebee having 100-130+ million budget n only making about 200m ww. Feels like an L, Looks like an L, It is an L

Hailee should focus on her music career. 

Mr.Fenty
1 minute ago, Chanel4 said:

bumblebee having 100-130+ million budget n only making about 200m ww. Feels like an L, Looks like an L, It is an L

movie and Hailee's acting were praised by critics tho :cm:

Dom
2 minutes ago, Chanel4 said:

excuse moi, sis. it's sitting at 311 million atm.

Chanel4
1 minute ago, Dom said:

excuse moi, sis. it's sitting at 311 million atm.

oh?? rly. i judged too quick. though 2x its budget is still lacking. The GP should've ate this up 

Dom
1 minute ago, Chanel4 said:

oh?? rly. i judged too quick. though 2x its budget is still lacking. The GP should've ate this up 

still hasn't opened in japan sis. one of the biggest transformers markets.

Chanel4
6 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

movie and Hailee's acting were praised by critics tho :cm:

I had only looked at metacritic. Damn she did snap. That RT score :nicole2:

Alexis Neiers

I cant believe they remade the french masterpiece with Kevin Hart as the lead :rip:  hollywood is something else

MAXIMO

Imagine replacing daddy Omar Sy with Kevin Hart. :mazen:

harwee

They actually released Replicas in the theaters? Keanu what happened? ☹️

TheLastChord

People really shouldn't judge Bumblebee, it's gonna be slightly profitable in the end and the most important thing is that the movie is actually GOOD. 

The franchise had been way too much damaged for most people to be easily swayed and it came out in a highly competitive field. I don't know if it would have fared better in a late summer release or something like that, when its critical buzz could have gotten more attention. But oh well. Any of the Michael Bay trash films pale in comparison to the fact that this one is good and has a good story. 

JBJT2786
37 minutes ago, TheLastChord said:

People really shouldn't judge Bumblebee, it's gonna be slightly profitable in the end and the most important thing is that the movie is actually GOOD. 

The franchise had been way too much damaged for most people to be easily swayed and it came out in a highly competitive field. I don't know if it would have fared better in a late summer release or something like that, when its critical buzz could have gotten more attention. But oh well. Any of the Michael Bay trash films pale in comparison to the fact that this one is good and has a good story. 

It wouldve been slaughtered by Mi:Fallout, The Meg and CRA. The holiday season was the smartest thing they did. I have a feeling its gonna blow up in the rental and DVD market and that'll give Paramount  an excuse for a sequel. I really love the film it's what a transformers film should've been all along.

TheLastChord
8 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

It wouldve been slaughtered by Mi:Fallout, The Meg and CRA. The holiday season was the smartest thing they did. I have a feeling its gonna blow up in the rental and DVD market and that'll give Paramount  an excuse for a sequel. I really love the film it's what a transformers film should've been all along.

I've never been a fan of the franchise because all the ones that I saw were very much trash. But last weekend I went to the theaters and I wanted to see why this one got good critical reception and it's because it's actually a good story. I wasn't really refering to the last summer season, maybe the next one? I just feel like between the Aquaman craze, the Mary Poppins craze, the fact that Spiderverse was so highly rated, this one got kinda lost in the mix. 

When you consider it, it's insane that these four films were all released in a matter of days. Other studios had been driven away from Christmas for a few years because of SW and they all just went for blood. These all could have been tentpole summer releases. 

Mr.Fenty
1 hour ago, TheLastChord said:

according to the Viacom CEO, it's already profitable.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/01/12/viacom-ceo-bumblebee-solidly-profitable-last-knight-lost-100m/

Ash12345
2 hours ago, Chanel4 said:

It’ll make 3X budget when all is said and done. A solid success. 

AvrilLaQueen
4 hours ago, Chanel4 said:

as if her music career is at a better place either :skull: 

UnusualBoy

Yeah Bee is easily 2nd or best one from the franchise! :clap3:

King Maxx
10 hours ago, Chanel4 said:

It's going to end up making over $400M at the box office. 

Sam96

Watched Bumblebee last night with my bae & we enjoyed it. The best Transformers movie.