Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 'The Song Diaries'

27 posts in this topic

BlackoutZone

626x0w.jpg

Greatest Hits - Orchestral Alnum

Out on March 15, 2019

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-song-diaries/1445480691

Tracklist:

1. Groovejet (Orchestral Version)
2. Take Me Home (Orchestral Version)
3. Murder on the Dancefloor (Orchestral Version)
4. Move This Mountain (Orchestral Version)
5. Music Gets the Best of Me (Orchestral Version)
6. Mixed up World (Orchestral Version)
7. Catch You (Orchestral Version)
8. Me and My Imagination (Orchestral Version)
9. Today the Sun's on Us (Orchestral Version)
10. Heartbreak (Make Me a Dancer) (Orchestral Version)
11. Bittersweet (Orchestral Version)
12. Not Giving up on Love (Orchestral Version)
13. Young Blood (Orchestral Version)
14. Love is a Camera (Orchestral Version)
15. Wild Forever (Orchestral Version)
16. A Pessimist is Never Disappointed (Orchestral Version) [Bonus Track]
17. Love is You (Bonus Track)
18. Take Me Home (Orchestral Disco Version) [Bonus Track]
19. Murder on the Dancefloor (Orchestral Disco Version) [Bonus Track]

BlackoutZone

She took her time with this, but at least we're getting all the songs we could ask for :heart2: 

BlackoutZone
3 minutes ago, JoAddams said:

Get over you 😭

Nevermind I take back my comment, I forgot about it she is OVER :weeps:

Kim Kardashian

How come Love Is You is a bonus track?

BlackoutZone
7 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

How come Love Is You is a bonus track?

It didn't chart anywhere, wasn't promoted in any way and it's basically Groovejet re-make with new lyrics, I guess it was just a gift for the fans, because of the long wait :emofish: 

StrangerInTheDark

Thank god she removed black borders from the cover... But honestly I'm so over this project, it's so 2017 when it was supposed to be out. 

Hopefully she never touches Ed again. And this is the end of folk singer Sophie. 

Halcyon
1 hour ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Thank god she removed black borders from the cover... But honestly I'm so over this project, it's so 2017 when it was supposed to be out. 

Hopefully she never touches Ed again. And this is the end of folk singer Sophie. 

I think Ed is still producing the album? 💀

StrangerInTheDark
4 minutes ago, Halcyon said:

I think Ed is still producing the album? 💀

I know, that's why I said that I hope it was the end of their trilogy. Wanderlust was fresh, Familia was bad and uninspiring. And I dislike her lyrics now, I wish she could go back to working with bigger pop  producers and create something with beats again.

AbeHicks
On 1/12/2019 at 2:19 PM, BlackoutZone said:

She took her time with this, but at least we're getting all the songs we could ask for :heart2: 

On 1/12/2019 at 2:39 PM, StrangerInTheDark said:

On 1/12/2019 at 3:49 PM, Ghost said:

Excited :duca: Love Is A Camera is going to slap 

This is out in 3 days.

Are you guys excited?

I love sophie so this is not a drag, but based on the snippets she posted on instagram, her voice does not sound the best in these takes...I don't know why

StrangerInTheDark
3 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Are you guys excited?

No. Not at all :rip:

Just thinking about having to listen to this puts me to sleep. This was supposed to be out year and a half ago. She dragged it for too long, and Ed Harcourt Sophie overstayed.

If she doesn't deliver pure pop song very soon I will probably unstan her... And I love her as a person so much, but she's not exciting as an artist to me anymore... 

RT Air

I absolutely love Sophie and I'll reserve judgment until I hear the full album, but based on what I've heard so far, I would've expected a little more variety from the arrangements. :emofish: The snippets sound a bit like basic BBC Live Lounge versions with strings.

Killer Love

I love her so much but this is not interesting at all. i'm here for NEW music 

Kim Kardashian

I think the main issue with this project is the drawn out release.

It should have been out so long ago.

It sounds like a cute listen, but i'm not sure if I will be drawn to purchase it.

UnusualBoy

Keep it, I need a new Synchronised or Cut Straight To The Heart, Queen!

Scandalous

she really wants to get rid of the little amount of fans she has left doesn't she?

Ghost

I mean it's just a GH with a twist, not a studio album, so I don't get the complaints :skull: it's actually nice that she didn't just stick the singles together and called it a day. I personally love her work with Ed so I'm curious to listen

AbeHicks
1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

Keep it, I need a new Synchronised or Cut Straight To The Heart, Queen!

Taste! Synchronised is one of her all-time best songs!

aaO3FJg.gif

Popboi.
4 hours ago, Ghost said:

I mean it's just a GH with a twist, not a studio album, so I don't get the complaints :skull: it's actually nice that she didn't just stick the singles together and called it a day. I personally love her work with Ed so I'm curious to listen

She also did this to avoid having to pay much money in royalties to the original producers / label. :toofunny2:

BlackoutZone
18 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

This is out in 3 days.

Are you guys excited?

I love sophie so this is not a drag, but based on the snippets she posted on instagram, her voice does not sound the best in these takes...I don't know why

Honestly not anymore, this should have been out 2 years ago and by now we should have had new studio album

RT Air

I finally checked this out and I hate to admit that it's beyond disappointing. :emofish: Sophie is a sweetheart and I hope this album finds its audience because I know she'd been working on this project for so long. However, the end result is a karaoke-ish, unpolished collection of live takes with a string orchestra in the background.

She wrote a little note in her newsletter about how she hopes we can enjoy these songs in a new light, but the main problem with this album is that it doesn't even try to present them in a new light. They aren't re-imagined (like Kylie's Abbey Road versions were), her vocal deliveries are the exact same as on the originals - except that they're slowed down and sound like they didn't go through any production. The whole album feels like a chore to listen to and that's coming from someone who actually loves her "new" style, Familia was even one of my favourite albums of 2016. This one is just not it, and I hope she moves on to her next project quick. :jonny2:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0