IDWLF hits 800M Spotify streams

TtaraHae

I Don’t Wanna Live Forever - 800,343,420 streams

This makes both Taylor and Zayn’s first song to reach this milestone as lead artists on the platform. Always forget how massive this song actually was/is. :toofunny2:

Link to stream:

Edited by TtaraHae

800M is not really a milestone though? 1B? Sure. 500M? I can see that. But 800M isn't really anything.

Anyway yes this song was always on the radio.

10 minutes ago, Cain said:

800M is not really a milestone though? 1B? Sure. 500M? I can see that. But 800M isn't really anything.

800M is a milestone, much like 100M, 200M, etc are. It’s why a new thread and/or tweet (see accounts like Pop Crave, Music Facts, chartdata, etc.) is made every time a song reaches said numbers on various platforms. I’m sure you’re aware of this. Why post this in reference to this song in particular and at 800M of all numbers (which is a massive milestone that a vast majority of songs have not and will never reach) as opposed to the countless threads you see about songs reaching 100M? How random :deadbanana: 

Edited by TtaraHae

• ATRL Moderator

Streaming monsters :jonny5: 

A SONG! Always listen to it. I Don't Wanna Live Foreve deserved to be on reputation. :clap3:

GP definitely remembers it.

Should've been a solo Taylor song. Zayn's falsetto is awful.

52 minutes ago, TtaraHae said:

800M is a milestone, much like 100M, 200M, etc are. It’s why a new thread and/or tweet (see accounts like Pop Crave, Music Facts, chartdata, etc.) is made every time a song reaches said numbers on various platforms. I’m sure you’re aware of this. Why post this in reference to this song in particular and at 800M of all numbers (which is a massive milestone that a vast majority of songs have not and will never reach) as opposed to the countless threads you see about songs reaching 100M? How random :deadbanana: 

mte :rip:  

Should have been the lead for reputation (or Dress).

4 hours ago, Cain said:

800M is a huge milestone for a song that did well in pure sales :cm:

It really makes you wonder how many streams some of her other songs would have gotten if they were available on Spotify upon release.

5 hours ago, Cain said:

You’re always trying to discredit Taylor huh? :rip: 

IDWLF was still bigger thank ANY Dua Lipa song and it’s not even Taylor’s biggest so stay in your lane.

18 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

You’re always trying to discredit Taylor huh? :rip: 

IDWLF was still bigger thank ANY Dua Lipa song and it’s not even Taylor’s biggest so stay in your lane.

I’m just saying I think 800M is a random milestone because it’s so close to 1B which is an actual milestone imo. Like would you say 80M is a milestone? Probably not cause you’d wait for the 100M. I would’ve said that no matter what song this thread was about. :skull:

I mean the song was a big hit and I’m not surprised it’s got this many streams I’m not trying to discredit that?

2 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

It really makes you wonder how many streams some of her other songs would have gotten if they were available on Spotify upon release.

1989 would’ve easily skull dragged every female album but that could’ve compromised her YouTube streams.

fffffff the pressed souls in here trying to discredit Taylor's achievements :bibliahh: IDWLF's recurrent stats are amazing on Spotify. Looking at the avis, it couldn't be more ironic for some of y'all to claim that this is forgotten :bibliahh:

9 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

It didn't feel like such a hit 

too bad it was and your feelings are irrelevant

DoubleRainbow!

9 hours ago, Cain said:

I’m just saying I think 800M is a random milestone because it’s so close to 1B which is an actual milestone imo. Like would you say 80M is a milestone? Probably not cause you’d wait for the 100M.

Your comparison makes no sense lol

Songs reaching new heights in their streaming figures in increments of 100M has widely been accepted as milestones worthy of acknowledgement in stanville for ages now. 100M streams is a large amount and it takes a decent amount of time to garner those streams. 80M would obviously be a random number to acknowledge, as that would mean acknowledging when a song earns 10M more streams. Nobody cares about this or does this since it doesn't take that long to do - if that were the case, we would be celebrating songs reaching numbers such as 50M, 60M, 120M, etc. multiple times a week. Numbers like 100M, 200M, etc. are larger since they take longer to accomplish - hence why they're considered milestones.   

And you can find the same for literally any other song on other platforms just within the last 2 days:

I understand what you're saying, but it's just so strange that even with this knowledge you chose this thread of all threads to say this when 800M is actually a massive number that only 58 songs have ever reached on the platform before this one did. You have countless songs that are threaded when they reach 100M, 200M, 300M, etc. - and yet you chose the one for an 800M figure. :skull: 

Edited by TtaraHae

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.