Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ARUTW has 100m streams on Spotify. Why?

26 posts in this topic

Chanel4

Always Remember Us This Way: 100,232,961

giphy.gif

PopFan

Do we need threads for everyone song that reach 100M?

Almighty Gaga

I have this theory that it might be because it was streamed 100m times. Not sure if true.

Mariano
Just now, PopFan said:

yes for every album track that reaches 100M spotify streams. 

Other questions? 

OT: Because it's a smash album track from Lady Gaga's smash soundtrack from Lady Gaga's smash movie - ASIB :alexz3: 

Brooke Candy
1 minute ago, PopFan said:

Yes, keep fuming

Chanel4
Just now, Almighty Gaga said:

I have this theory that it might be because it was streamed 100m times. Not sure if true.

you must be so fun at parties.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Mariano said:

Other questions? 

OT: Because it's a smash album track from Lady Gaga's smash soundtrack from Lady Gaga's smash movie - ASIB :alexz3: 

facts

Cain
4 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Then we’re gonna have a lot of threads cause that’s quite common. :deadbanana4:

Mariano
1 minute ago, Cain said:

Then we’re gonna have a lot of threads cause that’s quite common. :deadbanana4:

No it's not for pop girls. Katy? Beyonce? P!nk? Adele? Taylor Swift? Where are the 100M album tracks. You can post all of your fav rapper's 100M album tracks tho, but that's not the same, because rappers main medium is spotify anyway so it's not as impressive. Also nobody will care if you make a topic about a rapper, so yeah have fun :heart2: 

Lil Mxnster
25 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

:dies:

KillingYourCareer
36 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Other questions? 

Except it's not an album track. It's a single in Europe.

Starkboy

great track + it was on TTH not long ago. 

plus the movie boost. 

Taidekoons
1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Only in Sweden, UK and Italy. So 3 countries = whole Europe?

OT: TABS

Mariano
2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Is it already officially released? I only heard that a UK radio station is starting to play it, but that doesn't mean it was officially released as a single, let alone accross whole Europe. 

KillingYourCareer
Just now, Taidekoons said:

Only in Sweden, UK and Italy. So 3 countries = whole Europe?

OT: TABS

That's three of the biggest induestires in the continent... so yes, it's a single. Either way it peaked before being released as a single like all the other ASIB tracks.

KillingYourCareer
1 minute ago, Mariano said:

Is it already officially released? I only heard that a UK radio station is starting to play it, but that doesn't mean it was officially released as a single, let alone accross whole Europe. 

It was released as a single in November in the UK. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always_Remember_Us_This_Way

Mystic Boy
52 minutes ago, PopFan said:

Fume :fan:

14 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Oh Peuuulease, it's still not pushed like a proper single, its popularity is very organic cause it's an Outstanding track that was doing incredible since the movie release ! 

HotFriedChicken

I struggle so badly with these acronyms lmao

Cain
49 minutes ago, Mariano said:

No it's not for pop girls. Katy? Beyonce? P!nk? Adele? Taylor Swift? Where are the 100M album tracks. You can post all of your fav rapper's 100M album tracks tho, but that's not the same, because rappers main medium is spotify anyway so it's not as impressive. Also nobody will care if you make a topic about a rapper, so yeah have fun :heart2: 

Out of their last albums (and pretty much their only albums released in the streaming era) Rihanna, Dua, Zara, Ariana, Adele, Shakira, Sia, Camila, Billie, Melanie and Lorde all have at least 1 album track with more than 100M streams. There are ofcourse more artists with big older albums (like Lana) who have one.

But these are all either big streaming artists or artists with a very loyal fanbase, so it's still impressive to get one of Gaga.

EDIT: oh oops nvm looks like it's not an album track after all.

Mariano
Just now, Cain said:

Out of their last albums (and pretty much their only albums released in the streaming era) Rihanna, Dua, Zara, Ariana, Adele, Shakira, Sia, Camila, Billie, Melanie and Lorde all have at least 1 album track with more than 100M streams. There are ofcourse more artists with big older albums (like Lana) who have one.

But these are all either big streaming artists or artists with a very loyal fanbase, so it's still impressive to get one of Gaga.

Exactly :clap3:  

I don't think it's comparable to Zara, Dua, Camila and the likes tho, because they are mainly being consumed on streaming. They don't have any other metric. ASIB is currently selling like hot bread and it's still doing well on streaming. Adele having a 100M album track is insane too, considering her sales. 

Chanel4
5 minutes ago, Cain said:

EDIT: oh oops nvm looks like it's not an album track after all.

all of which debuted in the streaming era. edit i saw u wrote that lmfao. nvm

It became a single in november babe.  with xmas songs rising directly after. and shallow still slaying...Its actually a good feat. 

Cain
18 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Exactly :clap3:  

I don't think it's comparable to Zara, Dua, Camila and the likes tho, because they are mainly being consumed on streaming. They don't have any other metric. ASIB is currently selling like hot bread and it's still doing well on streaming. Adele having a 100M album track is insane too, considering her sales. 

That's true, and since ASIB isn't geared towards the younger streaming generation it is impressive.
I hope old(er) people will get to streaming asap so it can balance things out and hopefully pop can make its full return. :'(

Mariano

It's still an album track in the biggest markets (USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, Germany, France) etc.  it's only big market where it's a single is UK and I am not sure how much it's been pushed there yet, i still feel Shallow is the priority. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0