Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Is Ariana's Peak Over Already?

107 posts in this topic

Fenty The Great

Did she just come and go with thank u, next or is she gearing up for a big era?

Elite Four Brad

yes, she's never hitting #1 again

jonasha

The minute she left #1 was the minute she left the earth. :michael:

Communion

How could it be over when she's the only thing y'all can make threads about to get more than 4 replies? 

Truth Teller

Nah, she'll continue to do incredibly well for a while, especially with the tour coming up

As far as "big era" goes though, I don't expect a crazy lot. The fact that this era is pretty much merged with Sweetener might hurt its legs a little. She can't be on radio and on the forefront of streaming playlists for like 18 months on end. But if the era ends up running out of momentum soon after the album's out, that won't affect her status. She's killing it.

HASHTAGPOW

She’s over. She’s resigning to start a beauty makeup line. 

Hallucinogen
5 minutes ago, Communion said:

How could it be over when she's the only thing y'all can make threads about to get more than 4 replies? 

it’s atrl¿ 

Yusuf Utku Sezgin

lmao what ariana will go #1 with 7 rings

grAntVRIL

shes lucky enough to get #1 :toofunny3:

Erotic

No 7 Rings will be bigger than TUN 💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

Mezter

Not when she's about to release an album, headlining Coachella and about to have her biggest tour yet. Keep dreaming though :foxaylove2: 

26 minutes ago, Elite Four Brad said:

yes, she's never hitting #1 again

Y'all were really confident she'd never get one in the first place though. Learn from your mistakes guys

Elite Four Brad

Holiest Dreams

Not really. I doubt she will ever smash as hard as she did with TUN again and this will definitely be her peak era, but it’s just that — her peak era. The album has yet to drop and it will do big numbers, for sure her biggest opening week yet. And yes, I’m sure her next project won’t do as well but she really is having a huge peak rn that her peers (ex-acts) won’t experience.

So tl;dr no, it will be by the end of the year but so? Peaking isn’t a bad thing (unless you drop off hard after) and every artist does it. It’s natural. 

Elite Four Brad
3 minutes ago, Mezter said:

Y'all were really confident she'd never get one in the first place though. Learn from your mistakes guys

Elite Four Brad

the era where a popgirl gets backlash is coming for ariana, have fun!

Elite Four Brad

Relampago.

I mean this is a HUGE peak but it's probably not over yet

Holiest Dreams
14 minutes ago, grAntVRIL said:

shes lucky enough to get #1 :toofunny3:

Not really.

Spending 7 weeks at #1 (and your first 9 in the top 2) is not luck. Getting over 400M Spotify streams in 2 months is not just luck. Breaking the record for longest-running female #1 on AM/Spotify (50+ days) is not just luck

Her getting lucky could’ve been a dragging point during the first week, before we saw how the song would fare after the initial first week hype. But the song has turned into a legit smash that people love. Not a frontloaded one week #1 that dropped like a rock and got lucky to squeeze in a week.

Communion
3 minutes ago, Elite Four Brad said:

Elite Four Brad

Well let's hope she doesn't follow all the typical pop girl backlash tropes like radically changing her hair or working with people not allowed 50 feet of a school zone. Sis will learn from the past mistakes of others to avoid backlash.

giphy.gif

Mezter
7 minutes ago, Elite Four Brad said:

Elite Four Brad

I mean, whatever you have to tell yourself to get through her current slayage. Poor OAH always having to be on edge because somehow she ALWAYS stays here nn

Elite Four Brad

Thuggin

Lol y’all wish. Didn’t ATRL say My Everything would always be her peak? See you when she gets her biggest album debut and biggest tour to date.

Elite Four Brad
6 minutes ago, Communion said:

Well let's hope she doesn't follow all the typical pop girl backlash tropes like radically changing her hair or working with people not allowed 50 feet of a school zone. Sis will learn from the past mistakes of others to avoid backlash.

giphy.gif

First of all, she changed her hair to start this era for the first time ever practically, sometimes it's good to not have a pony tail and switch it up. Ariana already has her demons with the producer of her Nick shows honey, she's not that squeaky clean.

Elite Four Brad

5 minutes ago, Mezter said:

I mean, whatever you have to tell yourself to get through her current slayage. Poor OAH always having to be on edge because somehow she ALWAYS stays here nn

Elite Four Brad

I was an Ariana stan until her meltdowns started to happened almost daily on social media, she's just gotten annoying. Also the first two lines of Imagine turned me off from the rest of this era completely. I'm not hating, I'm just stating facts. 

Elite Four Brad

Mezter
5 minutes ago, Elite Four Brad said:

I was an Ariana stan until her meltdowns started to happened almost daily on social media, she's just gotten annoying. Also the first two lines of Imagine turned me off from the rest of this era completely. I'm not hating, I'm just stating facts. 

Elite Four Brad

What "facts" did you state though? Y'all always think you're Nostradamus or something

Elite Four Brad

Oxygen

As others have said, 'thank u, next' is still slaying streaming with it still getting 4m daily updates 2 months after its release, the promo single 'imagine' is still getting +1.6m updates, '7 rings' is shaping up to be another smash with the hype it has, the album is most likely going to be her biggest and most acclaimed yet and she is about to start her biggest tour + headline Coachella.

This is all just coming off her 4th era which has all it's singles still in the top 150 on Spotify WW (with NTLTC still at #68) and is fast approaching 2B streams.

Her peak is only just starting so y'all better buckle up.

Elite Four Brad

IamCY

Until TUN happened everyone said ME was as high as she would go so...