Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

69 posts in this topic

rebeltwat

we needed promo + her reputation was still iffy.... it started getting better towards the end of the era which is partially why Delicate almost took off 

4Real

More promo would help but tbh the song is kinda eh.

Chorus and the hook are really good but the verses are boring af, especially the features'.

MonsterNavy
31 minutes ago, uhoh-ohno said:

For the same reason that Bon Appetit flopped.  Endgame was done in the same vein as Bad Blood, sort of like how Bon Appetit was an attempt to revisit what made Dark Horse great.  It’s just that a lot of the time, the GP doesn’t want sequels to really popular songs or iconic moments from pop girls

Poker Face - Bad Romance says hi :sorry: 

idk, I still bop up to this day and the mv is :flame: 

Holiest Dreams

Mix of reasons tbh. 

1. Bad timing. Everyone kinda hated her then, although that doesn’t prevent it from doing well. Just a small contributor.

2. They absolutely ****ed up the release. Had they:

- Released End Game on Oct 27th, instead of the RFI video and promoted it as official second single 

- Released the video during rep’s release week. A good one too, not that **** we got

- Made sure it actually had Spotify promo 

It could have smashed. Would it have been a career defining hit? Doubt it, but could’ve gone top 3 and possibly hit #1 for a week. It just got absolutely lost in the mix of everything and tbh the studio version is kinda bad so that didn’t help. The live version >, studio should’ve sounded more like that

skyandground

The real mystery is why Ready for It flopped. 

TtaraHae
6 minutes ago, skyandground said:

The release of RFI still triggers me. I don’t consider it a flop as it is but it would’ve (and should’ve) been a #1 and/or done much better had it been released properly :toofunny2: 

End Game was a certified flop though. I’m glad Delicate and the tour saved the era 

uhoh-ohno
45 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

Poker Face - Bad Romance says hi :sorry: 

idk, I still bop up to this day and the mv is :flame: 

Bad Romance was arguably an improvement upon Poker Face (visually anyway). It didn’t feel samey or tired, because of the bigger budget and off the wall video concept. I don’t think you can say that about Endgame with respect to Bad Blood.  Did Endgame have a better video than BB, no. Were the features on Endgame better than BB? No.  Were the lyrics better? No. Nothing remotely as clever as “Band-aids don’t fix bullet holes.” So, Endgame just sort of came off as a mediocre rehash with two features instead of one. 

Cryptique

It's like the weakest REP Single sonically, so :cm:

a lot of album tracks deserved its spot

Yog
48 minutes ago, TtaraHae said:

I’m glad Delicate and the tour saved the era 

The era would have been saved earlier if she made Getaway Car a single :cm:

Marianah Adkins

Its actually a good song, but the media blackout, coupled with the fact that the GP was tired of Taylor= underperformance.

FAN

Cheezy and it sucks and so did the video. 

Legendairy
3 hours ago, uhoh-ohno said:

For the same reason that Bon Appetit flopped.  Endgame was done in the same vein as Bad Blood, sort of like how Bon Appetit was an attempt to revisit what made Dark Horse great.  It’s just that a lot of the time, the GP doesn’t want sequels to really popular songs or iconic moments from pop girls

Lmao BA was a first for Katy, it flopped let’s just leave it at that. I’ve noticed that pattern as well since DH, iy originated from ET, the one song that tried that, was Swish Swish, that one was DHing really hard, sound wise.

Ot

I bopped to End Game before, good song tbh. Has that mixed urban-rnb-trap vibe that’s been dominating the entirety of 2017, I liked the song’s chill atmosphere and the video was aesthetic af. Promo aside and whatnot, I just feel like Taylor isn’t urban enough to pull it off. If it was a standard Future track it would’ve been fine and had a diff chorus girl. Taylor slayed the vocals but it was just too Un-Taylor, It was hard to resonate. Plus all 3 had equal verses so it was hard to tell who owned the song. She should’ve had a larger part. We had to wait for her at the end and it was not worth it, the chant had to grow on me too. I still want to learn about the truth of her red lips lmao. One of Rep’s best songs tbh.

grAntVRIL

no promo. unwatchable music video.

Taemira

It's a grower. It does not click with people on their first listen.

lack of promotion

Ed was smashing with Perfect which was benefiting from those 2 duet versions. The GP literally didn't have time for his another single.

IamCY

No idea, one of the best songs off Rep and the hook screamed ICONIC for the era

RudeBoyy

Hmm, I hate the structure of the song. Her pre-chorus and post chorus are so unnecessary when they come in before her verse and feel like filler. Ed was a poor feature choice. Her verse is cute though and Future did a good job the song just wasn't it.  

Safe&Sound
5 hours ago, FloridaKilos said:

No promo! Taylor media blackout!

Some stans will say the song is trash, but it’s perfection. I specifically love Ed’s part.

This. It is perfection

Shouldve rereleased the song

Safe&Sound
4 hours ago, skyandground said:

The release was a mess

It was released 10 days after LWYMMD

With entire tracking week, it could go to #1

Then they released it to radio but saying it was promotional single

Then LWYMMD started falling on radio, they rushed calling this one an official second single

The video itself is so uninspired and I suspected them to record the video in hurry after LWYMMD free fell

Hilly

Her rap singing was not credible, and the Big Reputation part is annoying. Too bad because the chorus is really cool

anyway, she should stay away from urban music