Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Beauty guru: "I can't contour with Fenty Beauty"

45 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, ArianadelRey said:

No, i actually find it ridiculous to complain about it cause that's not the job of a concelear. She should use, you know, a contour kit or something

So then the thread is about her, a non-celebrity. Take this to the commongrounds, not place for it here.

i can't comment since i don't do make-up..

but gotta be honest, this is my first time seeing a black woman doing make-up and it's kinda strange to me since i the make-up here in my country is all about getting your face white.. and wow she looked gorgeous :clap3:

Rihanna needs to release a statement. I refuse to stan for such a vile person!

3 hours ago, JesusORGod said:

No it's not marketed as a contour... :bibliahh:

Well then I guess Nyma is misinformed. 

But ultimately, who even cares. 

Contouring is one of the most laughable trends ever. It can change your appearence to the point that it's like wearing a niqab :dies:

16 hours ago, Communion said:

Her entire channel is about reviewing products for women as dark as her. If you're not her complexion, don'r ****ing watch. 

So now non-POC are prohibited from watching POC creators? 

She is gorgeous and I don't think she needs contouring; contouring is a dumb thing to do anyway

Nyma can do no wrong and Rihanna is a Queen. OP tried.

17 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

So now non-POC are prohibited from watching POC creators? 

If you’re going to be an idiot and complain about the essential function of her channel - reviewing makeup products on extremely dark skin - why are you watching her? What’s not clicking?

19 hours ago, Communion said:

Her entire channel is about reviewing products for women as dark as her. If you're not her complexion, don'r ****ing watch. 

So don’t watch her videos if you’re white or not dark-skinned basically, even if you enjoy them? God you are really... something :skull: 

5 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

So don’t watch her videos if you’re white or not dark-skinned basically, even if you enjoy them? God you are really... something :skull: 

Are you illiterate?

2 hours ago, Communion said:

If you’re going to be an idiot and complain about the essential function of her channel - reviewing makeup products on extremely dark skin - why are you watching her? What’s not clicking?

as someone who works in the beauty industry and counts makeup artistry as a skill (many of my clients are POC) i'm surprised Nyma can't contour with Fenty and I'm just as surprised that Fenty didn't release a shade deep enough. 

Also...concealers are in fact commonly used to contour and they are a best practice for contouring...esp when a cream or liquid is applied and then it's set and buffed with a contour powder.  I contour POC (esp those of Nyma's tone) most often with matte cool toned purple eyeshadow (!!!) since they seldom have a deep tone cool enough to mimic actual shadow.

Well, it's a "concealer" what did she expect??

3 hours ago, yonka said:

as someone who works in the beauty industry and counts makeup artistry as a skill (many of my clients are POC) i'm surprised Nyma can't contour with Fenty and I'm just as surprised that Fenty didn't release a shade deep enough. 

Also...concealers are in fact commonly used to contour and they are a best practice for contouring...esp when a cream or liquid is applied and then it's set and buffed with a contour powder.  I contour POC (esp those of Nyma's tone) most often with matte cool toned purple eyeshadow (!!!) since they seldom have a deep tone cool enough to mimic actual shadow.

I agree but I just think there's so many other fenty products to replace that one use of a concealer. It's good to have criticism because that helps them to know there's a need for a deeper shade or a new product specifically for this issue on both ends of the skin tone spectrum. 

No need to attack her, and I don't see this as an attack on Fenty Beauty it's just a criticism.

Kim there's ppl dying

i never liked nyma anyway. she complains a lot more than she does her makeup

I was told these would match any skin tone...is this a lie? :biblio:

the atrl gurus are jumping out the woodwork

you can contour with a concealer ffs :rip: people who don’t know **** ab makeup should keep quiet