Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

R. Kelly's Daughter Speaks Out: 'My Dad is a Monster'

18 posts in this topic

PopMusicJunkie

R. Kelly's Estranged Daughter Calls Her Father a 'Monster' as She Speaks Out in an Emotional Post

On Thursday, Abi — whose real name is Joann Kelly — posted a lengthy message on her Instagram Stories, condemning her “terrible” father, who she said she hasn’t seen in years, for his actions and explained why it took her so long to speak out.

“Before I start I just want it to be known that I am speaking from the heart, nothing I say or do not say is to hurt ANY party reading this or affected by this,” Buku began her post.

“To the people that feel I should be speaking up/against everything that is going on right now. I just want you all to understand that devastated is an understatement for all that I feel currently,” she wrote. “I do apologize if my silence to all that is happening comes off as careless.”

“That is my last intention. I pray for all the families & women who have been affected by my father’s actions. Trust, I have been deeply affected by all of this,” she continued.

“The same monster you all confronting me about is my father. I am well aware of who and what he is. I grew up in that house,” she continued.   

Her statement is worth reading in full.  

Read more here.

Ryanicorn

I would hate for that to be my father 

Kanye West
Just now, Ryanicorn said:

I would hate for that to be my father 

I wouldn't. Think of the money

The Next Day

I hope she wasn't attacked for her silence. Like, I can see why people wanted her to say something, but that decision should really be up to her and her alone. Family is where I draw a line, even or especially since they are estranged. But good for her for speaking her truth!

Lady Bird
1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

:biblio:

Watch'N'Learn
1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

It's not all about money child. Imagine the toxic effect this has on her livelihood and state of mind. 

Sinister
Just now, Kanye West said:

Their mother deff said they were teased all the time in school about how their father pees on little girls

That's not really something you want to go through...the entire situation in general is not something I would want to be involved with

Not to mention he wasnt paying child support for dumb long...they've had to move multiple times

jomarr
5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I'd take mental freedom over money anytime.

Princedele25

Yes gurl. We been knew, except Gaga.

manwhore

Lock him up and take all his assets girl better make sure she's part of the estate

moijejoue

I’m glad he didn’t end up molesting her too.

Ryann
1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

the most depressed and ****ed up person I know is the granddaughter of a Russian oil billionaire. money is NOT everything :skull: 

BarbFatale
2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

R65yxFP.gif

angel_ex
6 hours ago, Ryann said:

the most depressed and ****ed up person I know is the granddaughter of a Russian oil billionaire. money is NOT everything :skull: 

Right! My grandmother used to be so rich but she was never happy. 

zuszia

He has kids? I didn´t know that. Poor girl.