Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Billboard: Madonna, Rihanna among Most Anticipated Albums

41 posts in this topic

This is Ms. Ciccone's last chance and she better be giving us a good album. Her last 2 albums we're not it. Time to abandon her need for chart hits and embrace her hunger for critical success at her age.

45 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

This is Ms. Ciccone's last chance and she better be giving us a good album. Her last 2 albums we're not it. Time to abandon her need for chart hits and embrace her hunger for critical success at her age.

what do you mean by last chance? is she going to die? :dancehall:

PLUS you don't need critical succes when you're the best-selling artist alive.

16 minutes ago, Lover said:

what do you mean by last chance? is she going to die? :dancehall:

PLUS you don't need critical succes when you're the best-selling artist alive.

By last chance, I mean her chance to remain relevant in the mainstream pop scene. Ofc she'll always be relevant based on her stature alone but what I meant is that relevance as if she was still a main pop girl crushing her competitors. 

And yeah the stature is great but its even greater if you're enjoying longevity with critically respected and acclaimed works. And she's capable of that, which is why this release is exciting.

Why are people so obsessed with trying to discredit Madonna :rip:

Instead of trying to prove Billboard wrong (she's the biggest female artist in their charts, not Beyonce, Gaga nor Taylor) be happy that a woman of her age is still churning out highly anticipated music and is included in these lists. Your faves will reach her age sooner than later and you will hope they have at least half of the relevance she has today. 

The fact that most answers are about trying to discredit Madonna :worship:

Madonna Will always have her music anticipated. Whether ATRL likes it or not

13 hours ago, Mkirilenkofan said:

Dont hate me but i honestly dont get why Madonna has an anticipated album....i understand the anticipation after Confessions or even Hard Candy....but i guarantee you her album wont do well.

Of course it won't sell that well because of her age. Her prime has long passed (but releasing MDNA didn't help and the leaks from Rebel Heart messed everything up). Unless she can pull a Cher and have an unexpected smash hit as the first single, I don't see this album doing much better than her last 2 releases. 

The point is, fans are glad she's still making albums, whether if they're a hit or not. She could easily retire but chooses to continue staying in the music business and selling out arenas worldwide. Not every artist has that luxury at 60.

1 minute ago, tiagol88 said:

The fact that most answers are about trying to discredit Madonna :worship:

Madonna Will always have her music anticipated. Whether ATRL likes it or not

This. 

Even if her future albums flop, Madonna fans, Billboard and other businesses in the music industry will still be anticipating her releases. 

I need R9 now 

4 minutes ago, NewRihannaStan said:

I need R9 now 

We all do. 

11 hours ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Madonna is a non factor lol no one in the real world is really anticipating that :rip:

yikes you sound pressed

definitely my two most anticipated major releases.

i've recently been rediscovering madonna's discography and man, her highs were hiiiiiiigh. the artists' she's been rumored to be working with have me hyped as well.

i couldn't get into rebel heart initially and it's still not great but i've actually listened to it a few times now and can appreciate some of the material but it's equally as mediocre as mdna...

give me anything that resembles ROL and i'll be happy.

Madonna will always be anticipated and if it's ever good we'll listen for we have no choice. She's the ****ing Queen of Pop.

And Queen Rih has completely revamped her musical image with Anti and subsequent collabs, then her humanitarian efforts along with her making such a great diversive make up line has elevated her to a cultural level we've never seen for her. I'm really hoping for something game changing and chart dominating to end out the decade.

15 hours ago, ArtForFreedom said:

Eo7M.gif 

2727057C00000578-3019187-image-m-32_1427

Queens :clap3:

Everybody agreeing with what BB said :clap3: