Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

Billboard: Madonna, Rihanna among Most Anticipated Albums

41 posts in this topic

The Second Coming

Madonna-MET-gala-2018-portrait-a-billboa

Madonna (TBD)

The Queen of Pop has never gone more than four calendar years between new albums, which would imply that it's time for 2015's Rebel Heart to receive its follow-up -- a notion she's recently confirmed in interviews. ("In between rose mist spray and serums, I’m actually making music. Can’t quit my day job.”) She's been in the studio with old collaborator Mirwais, which is almost certainly good news for longtime fans -- not because the American Life era is necessarily in need of reviving, but because Madonna is usually at her most focused and creative when working with a single trusted collaborator, and not having to (as she recently bemoaned) "go to song writing camps where No one can sit still for more than 15 minutes.” 

rihanna-Oceans-8-World-Premiere-2018-jkl

Rihanna (TBD)

To quote the Bad Gal herself, the wait is ova! Or at least it’s looking that way. Since Rihanna blessed our ears with 2016’s Anti, the pop star has been busy exploring other ventures, like lingerie (Savage x Fenty) and makeup (Fenty Beauty). But last May, she revealed in a Vogue cover story that her ninth album will be reggae-focused. And while we haven’t received many verbal progress reports from Rihanna, she has steadily teased fans with short Instagram clips of her vibing in the studio. There’s still no confirmation of exactly when the new album will arrive, but we’ll be getting our waistlines ready to dance when that moment finally comes.

The complete list here

retromaury

The two albums I’m excited for this year.

thats IT.

dabunique

Yes Gawd both albums I need in my life 

Mkirilenkofan

Dont hate me but i honestly dont get why Madonna has an anticipated album....i understand the anticipation after Confessions or even Hard Candy....but i guarantee you her album wont do well.

HumanitySector

the wait is ova

Iconic 

Horizon Flame
1 hour ago, Mkirilenkofan said:

Dont hate me but i honestly dont get why Madonna has an anticipated album....i understand the anticipation after Confessions or even Hard Candy....but i guarantee you her album wont do well.

Madonna isn't anticipated at all. Her music ceased becoming an event after Hard Candy. She no longer changes her image nor her music. She chases trends or ends up working with the same tired individuals. She got boring. 

Alongoria13
3 hours ago, Mkirilenkofan said:

That happens when you're Madonna.

The Second Coming
7 hours ago, NEZ said:

The queen and her successor.

Iconic :clap3:

heauxm
7 hours ago, NEZ said:

The queen and her successor.

facts

umich

80% of those albums are not anticipated by many people :rip: 

Love Drought
7 hours ago, Mkirilenkofan said:

Based on the rumoured producers and theme I'd say it's pretty anticipated or sounds intriguing at least. The commercial performance of the album is kinda irrelevant given what she has accomplished, so she has nothing to prove in that aspect 

Lover

only the hottest artists on the planet. :duca:

Konan
8 hours ago, Mkirilenkofan said:

Sad  but true

BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

Madonna is a non factor lol no one in the real world is really anticipating that :rip:

Lover
1 minute ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Madonna is a non factor lol no one in the real world is really anticipating that :rip:

you sound old and bitter.

the internet is the real world since 2008. :rip:

BILLIONAIRE✘BOY
20 minutes ago, Lover said:

you sound old and bitter.

the internet is the real world since 2008. :rip:

A MaDonna stan calling me old :rip:

Newsflash: Doesnt matter what world it is barely anyone is anticipating a new album from her in 2019 lol She's been exposed as dense, dim-witted and predictable over these past few years and nothing u will say or do that will change that. Get with the times!

Lover
2 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

A MaDonna stan calling me old :rip:

Newsflash: Doesnt matter what world it is barely anyone is anticipating a new album from her in 2019 lol She's been exposed as dense, dim-witted and predictable over these past few years and nothing u will say or do that will change that. Get with the times!

Only 56 more days until fans can get their hands on Madonna's highly anticipated album MDNA, but the superstar has kindly kept the teases coming at a steady clip.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/madonna-mdna-cover-art-286041

30 Most Anticipated Albums of 2015

so keep on lying to yourself. :rip:

BILLIONAIRE✘BOY
31 minutes ago, Lover said:

Whats that saying about all MaDonna stans being stuck in the past? Idc about your near 5 yr old articles about her, its 2019 :rip:

So 2m debut week confirmed? I'd be shocked it does any less than that given her unprecedented coverage from bb and hollywood reporter! :soda:bookmarked, see you in 2019!

Mystic Boy
7 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

Madonna isn't anticipated at all. Her music ceased becoming an event after Hard Candy. She no longer changes her image nor her music. She chases trends or ends up working with the same tired individuals. She got boring. 

This tbh ! Tragic :weeps:

Ryan Rivers

Super excited for madonna! I completely agree with how they worded it... her best music is while working with one or two producers.. as a mega Madonna fan it hurts me to say, I hated MDNA and Rebel Heart.. minus a few songs on each album.. I liked hard candy and most songs on it but something about it being all in one album doesn’t make me like it THAT much