Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

The Rock takes shots at young people who get easily offended

63 posts in this topic

Yog
50 minutes ago, Divine said:

Anyone who unironically uses the word "snowflake" is someone of questionable character. Glad I have another reason not to like him!

!!!!

Mariya Takeuchi

Says the guy that's had multiple meltdowns when his movies have been criticised 😪

UnusualBoy

He didn't lie and most of comments in this thread prove him right.

Lucas32
7 minutes ago, jomarr said:

Complaining about the right things.

What about his generation of bigotry and buffoonery. People love to quickly forget about that.

! I‘ll take some people who are oversensitive and self-righteous and misuse social justice activism over the generations that have swept bigotry and oppression under the rug and pretended it‘s not their issue for the longest time and even continue to support openly bigoted politicians.

Ryann

He made points but if he’s referencing Kevin Hart then :skull: I do see examples of SJWs but it’s not as common as people make out

Aviana

Defending his bestie Kevin Hart?

He can rot too 

SeoMania
8 minutes ago, i spit on haters said:

You try too hard to go against the grain sometimes. And no one in here is proving his point because none of us are 'offended', but rather pointing out how ridiculous and ironic his statement is. Also, it was The Rock who called a emoji 'too feminine'. So who's really the 'snowflake' here ? :rip:

giphy.webp

7 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

There’s a difference between being called out for being a bigot/sexist/racist and being called out for “using the wrong pronouns”, “white washing a film cast” or “not hold the door for a woman”, etc. 

Why shouldn't we get pissed off about that? It's ridiculous that it's still happening in 2019. As for those other two, I think as long as you're respectful and don't purposely misgender people, then no one really gets upset by incidentally being called a "he" or a "she"; nor do I know any real people that would be offended because someone held the door open for them. If anonymous Tumblr posts and dubious anecdotes from people are the best receipts you have for this supposed outrage people have over being mistakenly referred to by a wrong pronoun or doors being opened for them, then you don't really have a sound argument in my opinion.

jomarr
21 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

There’s a difference between being called out for being a bigot/sexist/racist and being called out for “using the wrong pronouns”, “white washing a film cast” or “not hold the door for a woman”, etc. 

The former are issues that are given high importance in our current society and the latter, we know most of the thinking world doesn't usually give a **** about (except for white washing a film, it surely needs to be addressed especially whites playing Asians). Most of the complaints paved the way for a lot of people to speak up. Obviously, tolerance has taken a toll this decade and more are speaking up about abuse which is a good thing.

It seems like he is making this statement because of the recent jabs at a certain friend of his which is why I find this off.

Arcadius
1 hour ago, i spit on haters said:

He strikes me as a low-key Republican. **** him, by the way.

He is a republican.

AvrilLaQueen
2 minutes ago, DAP said:

Fake news apparently

whew, so all this ATRL meltdown over nothing? :bibliahh: :bibliahh:

the box office magnet stays WINNING.

Scotland

jomarr
20 minutes ago, DAP said:

Fake news apparently

Thank goodness. Was lowkey wishing it was fake. We love him again.