Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

23 posts in this topic

KillingYourCareer

Since I'm tired of all the R. Kelly threads, let me open a positive and endearing Lady Gaga discussion about your memories with her music and deeds.

I remember when in 2009 I bought a physical copy of 'The Fame' and lended it to a poor girl in my class who couldn't afford it so that she could enjoy that heavenly album too. I felt like Margherita Zamboni, the Italian philanthropist.

oQhffYt.jpg

And then in the summer of 2011, on a 12-hour road trip to Southern Italy with my best friend, we played the 'Born This Way' album and even invented a vulture-inspired choreography based on the title track.

fV08IZmhtneIE.gif

And finally, when in 2013 I conducted a "Roar vs. Applause" poll in my entire school, and the option "neither" got more votes than 'Applause'. And now we love her again.

2ivz0vo.jpg

Share your Gaga stories!

ordinarynam
6 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I remember when in 2009 I bought a physical copy of 'The Fame' and lended it to a poor girl in my class who couldn't afford it so that she could enjoy that heavenly album too

:deadbanana4:

OT: My sister got me into Gaga back when she debuted with Poker Face/Just Dance, and we would just wait Bad Romance to pop up on MTV before I go to school because that's the only way to watch it back then (my parents couldn't afford a computer at that time). It was a great time, I still gets called a ****** at school but still, it was fun

iiSuperManii

first time watching her Sound of Music tribute :jonny4: I wasn't really a stan back then and had No idea she could sing like that 

2ivz0vo.jpg

staying up all night to watch the legendary Super Bowl 51 HTS back in 2017. That was a moment 

fV08IZmhtneIE.gif

jordanjm

From the moment I saw Gaga I knew she was special. I was on vacation in Toronto in the summer of 2008, visiting my sister. The just dance video came on TV and we were sucked in instantly. I went home and hit up limewire to get all the songs that were available. I've loved her ever since. 

When born this way came out when I was 19 I cried, which I never do, becuase of its message. It finally gave me the courage to come out 

When I saw Gaga on her final leg of the monster ball tour she pointed at me during Alejandro. (during the lyrics "she's not broken, she's just a baby") There's nothing like your fave looking you directly in the eyes while singing one of her best songs. 

I love that bitch so much 

ChampionCynthia

My dad gave me an Android phone in 7th grade and Just Dance was one of the songs he pirated on it, still remember thinking the bridge was the coolest thing ever bc of how one earphone started earlier than the other 

Rev8

I remember when she came to my country during her Fame or BTW era.
A friend of mine was telling me how everyone hated her (although I wasnt seeing it)
I saw clips and pics of people going to the capital to see her and I realized that she is the new Britney/Madonna to the gays.

montrealxo

not a stan, but she's tied to one of the happiest times in my life. it was christmas break and my mom let my cousin and best friend stay over. i was on the computer watching the pokerface video on youtube and ended up looking at as many performances from her as I can find. my best friend and cousin were playing guitar hero on the couch

nothing special, but I just look back on that Christmas being really special and one of the times in my life when I was truly carefree and happy

Cyanide

The first time I ever heard Just Dance was on The Hills, and then I got super into it when I saw someone made a Habbo Hotel music video of it :rip: then I started downloading all of the TF tracks in fall 2008 and REMAINED obsessed

Negev

Late 2008, my sister had asked me to use Audacity to cut her a ringtone out of "Just Dance" so naturally I cut the final chorus.

Mid 2009, the music video to "Paparazzi" surfaced. I remember being shocked because the content intrigued and fascinated me, my interest in Gaga skyrocketed.

September 2014- I got tickets to see her at the artRAVE. I went with my sister. I'll never forget that night. 

Pepo

The poll at school :rip:

OT: Poker Face catapulted me into stanning. 

Theduy0312

It was 2011 and I was in the worst time of my life, then I heard BTW, it changed my life forever.

HabbGaga

my favourite memory is Glastonbury 2009 when everybody thought she was a man. she made me see things differently. i realised it didnt matter what she was a man, a woman, an alien all that mattered was that i loved Lady Gaga and nobody could tell me otherwise.

J-esper

I remember getting a Love Game demo in like early 2008 and being instantly hooked on it.

I also saw her live as support act to PCD, she was the best support act I ever had a concert tbh

Melancholy

a LOT

2008 Poker Face release and then i checked out the MV and i was like **** i'm GAY i lOVE HER 

2009 paparazzi VMAS i was shook (also all of the GAGA ISA MAN thing haha i used to believe in it bc her voice was really hoarse during those periods sksksk)

2011 born this way EGG whew **** and the album release i still remember me and my friend hiding in the school washroom skipping class just for him to send me the entire album through BLUETOOTH :skull: 

JUDAS MV OH that was a MOMENT 

marry the night mv :skull: i remember watching it for the first time and didn't finish because it was too long for my stupid 12 year old self back then 

ARTPOP i remember being SO HYPED for the foil cover special edition thing :skull: and it ended up being kind of a normal edition :skull: we love that 

and then i stopped stanning starting with C2C but now i'm stanning again with ASIB

erianoillim

I just want to thank miss @KillingYourCareer for being non-stan war’d. I love you sis :heart2:

OT: her Paparazzi and BR videos took me by storm

Supervixen

I first heard about her in early 2009, after Xtina said she didn't know Gaga was a man or a woman. I talked to a friend about her, she called her a poser and we sort of made fun of her. Sometime later, around March, I decided to watch the Poker Face video and I was shook, then I downloaded The Fame on 4shared. I became a hardcore stan, watching her performances, reading her interviews, dissecting her lyrics... I was such a mess back then. I mean, I made people watch me perform her choreos. I even made a PF mask once :skull: those were fun times nevertheless.

Erreur2 La Nature

Her Paparazzi piano versions made me a fan of her for some time. I liked her singles and performances a lot at the very beginning of her car:heart2:eer 

Dynamo

-I was havin a great night watching 2008 Miss Universe skipping my homework and suddenly this European-Asian Megastar called Lady Gaga appeared. I was shocked in a good way :gaycat4:

-My dad got promoted and i was living in one of the wealthiest neighboorhoods in my city. The Fame and some of ha superficial songs were perfect 4 me. I felt like a star with a great future. I'm not that plastic now but it brings me nice memories.  :heart2:

-Havin my own fun parties with lotz of snacks and playing my Electropop Compilations with songs like Telephone/Monster included. Everything looked so futuristic/modern/colorful/progressive/hopeful/vibrant back then. 2009s-2010s was *** good.

-Moved to a new city for a short time in 2010-2 and i stayed in a room with catholic imagery-decoration everywhere. Playing Alejandro was always eerie in that room. I felt like a sinner. i watched **** there too.

-Havin my own party sessions at midnight with no lights on listening Born This Way full vol and crying with the Edge of glory bridge/BTW outro/The Queen Bridge. So Gay :alexz3:

-Moved to the biggest city in my country 4 College in 2013 and this announcement shocked me to the core.

I was ready to face a new future and my fave was slaying too. Everything looked so ***COOL

Were gonna make it!

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:65573?quality=0.8&format=jpg&width=1440&height=810&.jpg

-The university i joined was involved in a national scam scandal and everything crashed down 4 me. :emofish:

Had to move back to my city and i was forced to join a university with mean people in my hometown.

One of the worst times of my life . Gaga released Applause/DWYW and suddenly she flopped too.

I was like: Omg were both the biggest flops  :'( :ahh:

-Thanks to Cheek To Cheek i spent one of the best Christmas of my life. Everytime i listen to that album positiv energy comes to my mind.

-Joanne came to me in one of the most poetic and comfortable periods of my life. Maturity and self-reflection.  Everytime i listen to the album im transported to simple days havin fun with my girlfriends and laughing about non-trascendental ***  2016 was fantastic 4 me but bitter too (Perfect Illusion)

-Shallow. That song is always giving me hope to not give up and keep following my dreams even with all my problems/insecurities/complicated past. This Mid-Year im Movin to a New City 4 College and My Life will change 4 ever. A Star Is Born. 2019 my Year :celestial4:

Dont have stories with friends cause im not allowed to have gay friends :emofish:

Fantastic thread OP.

U should do one for the short hair singer Katy Perry?

oQhffYt.jpg

Marianah Adkins

Her debut era will always be one of my most vivid memories and I was glad to have witnessed it through it all.

I remembered watching her as the intermission number of Miss Universe 2008 and thought "who is this bitch? she's freaky and weird but damn that is a bop". 

Then around late 2008, Just Dance started making waves in my country. It was a nice little hit for her, getting her name recognition for the first time. However, it was the behemoth that is Poker Face that took her to another level. It took the country by storm and soon enough, Filipinos fell in love with this weirdo, Gagamania was on the way.

I still remember when it debuted on Myx (local music channel) straight at #1 and I remembered being shook by the visuals and the spectacle. The rest of the year was me downloading her entire album in Limewire and ITunes, and me and my cousins and siblings bopping to its greatness.

Then my parents joined in the fun when Bad Romance took over and I remembered my titos (uncle) singing it in the karaoke. It was such a surreal era for her and it cemented her as pop icon for the millenial generation.

KillingYourCareer
4 hours ago, Pepo said:

The poll at school :rip:

OT: Poker Face catapulted me into stanning. 

Same here. I saw it in March 2009 on MTV and I didn't know what was going on, it was truly a breath of fresh air, unlike anything I'd never seen before. I couldn't tell whether she was 18 or 45. It was just so mysterious and captivating, I ran to the CD store to buy The Fame the day after.

The way we Italians got to know her super late because Just Dance wasn't released here... :skull:

Jealous

I was 10 when she debuted, 12 when Bad Romance happened. She was huge, I remember in the 6th grade all my friends were talking about her and bopping to her songs, even gossiping about her being a hermaphrodite. After BTW, she killed her image and almost everyone avoided her. She became this gay icon singer, her "satanic" look didn't help her. She wasn't talked that much about since then, until ASIB and people warmed up to her again, but nowhere as huge as she was before here.

postsus

I was 14 when I started to stan, in 2009. She was all over the place. I ignored Just Dance, Poker Face and LoveGame. When Paparazzi came out I became a fan. That song shook me. It was so ahead of its time. I used to be perched to watch the music video on the TV. Back then my internet was ****ty and I just couldn't use YouTube. Then Bad Romance came out and blew me away again. I purchased The Fame Monster deluxe in the beginning of 2010. I used to play The Fame and The Fame Monster every day on my way to school. When Telephone came out I was already obsessed with her. The Alejandro music video was also an event. Born This Way era was a ****ing event. Then in 2012 I was tired of her. Started to enjoy R&B and older pop music. Mainstream music was toning down in quality all the way to 2013. Now at that time I wasn't having the waiting for Artpop. Ignored her again. Enjoyed Artpop a little bit but it was anywhere near the level of enjoyment Born This Way had. After that point Lady Gaga was not my main fave anymore. To this day I have a set of faves. I don't get obsessed by just one pop girl anymore, it gets boring.

2ivz0vo.jpg