Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

R kelly CONFIRMS he married Aaliyah

24 posts in this topic

Mariya Takeuchi

R Kelly has finally confirmed that he was briefly married to Aaliyah - through his lawyer. 

Steve Greenberg appeared on Good Morning America to address the recent allegations of rape, abuse and sexual misconduct made about his client on the Lifetime docuseries Surviving R Kelly on Friday morning, when he was asked if the singer had ever been in a relationship with a woman who was below the age of consent.

Greenberg quickly replied that Kelly 'absolutely' denied being with any underage girls, a response that was quickly called into question. 

'Was he married to Aaliyah when she was 15?' asked reported Linsey Davis.

'He was married to her when she was 15. Elvis was married to Priscilla,' replied Greenberg, who did not pause or miss a beat.

That was a reference to the union of Elvis Presley and wife Priscilla, who was almost 17 when she married the rock star and did so with her parents' blessing. 

Davis then continued to back Greenberg into a corner, stating: 'So then, 15 is not of the age of legal consent, right?'

Greenberg had an excsude for his client however, saying it was Aaliyah who lied and was dishonest.

'Right except my understanding is that she did not claim to be 15. And in order to get married she had to lie about her age,' claimed Greenberg.

'And he is saying he had no idea,' replied Davis.

'No idea,' said Greenberg.

It is unclear how Kelly was unaware, especially since he was present alongside Aaliyah during a 1994 interview on BET that made mention of her age, 14, and the fact that she was in high school, multiple times. 

full story

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6582323/amp/R-Kelly-confirms-married-Aaliyah-just-15-says-late-singer-lied-age.html?__twitter_impression=true

GypsyLife

This R.Kelly stuff is really making my head spin. Sweet Lord this is the gift that keeps giving....and not in a good way either

Messiah St. West

"Finally confirms"

We already knew from that forged marriage certificate. All this going on but he still won't be arrested at the end of the day.

Fireman25

I'm starting to wonder if Aaliyah's parents were present when she got married to him. When she posted that statement claiming everything was a lie and that she was her 24/7 whose to say that she wasn't there?

heauxm

so he is saying he did not know she was underage? wtf :skull:

iHype.
Just now, prézli said:

She looks 20.

She most definitely did not :rip:

KoibitoCyrus

Electric chair! 

mariahcarey

Electric chair

35v81cL.gif

Shelter
3 minutes ago, prézli said:

Was she 14 in the video? Damn. She looks 20.

Yeah you wouldn't think it 

Fireman25

This lawyer is a dumb ass!. He IS a terrible person!

from the article

When it comes to the many celebs who have begun to distance themselves from Kelly since the release of the series, Greenberg took aim at Lady Gaga specifically.

“Look at Lady Gaga. Now she wants an Academy Award, so now all of a sudden he’s some terrible person,” he said.

Don't Stop Me Now
3 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

giphy-41.gif?resize=600,450&quality=80&s

Mess..:rip:

Bayouboy

Off with his head already.....

and what is this I hear that Harvey Winestien is getting off in most of his charges by the judge..:gaycat5:

ordinarynam

i can't with all these R.Kelly things it's like a full blown toilet shot in my face

gives me too much headache

Horizon Flame
6 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

giphy-41.gif?resize=600,450&quality=80&s

:rip:

Mariya Takeuchi
41 minutes ago, Fireman25 said:

I'm starting to wonder if Aaliyah's parents were present when she got married to him. When she posted that statement claiming everything was a lie and that she was her 24/7 whose to say that she wasn't there?

I've never heard that they were present but it's rumoured they sold her to Robert/her uncle and that they were only split up because the family were worried it would ruin her career. 

SJane
2 hours ago, Fireman25 said:

They weren't there.  If they were, they wouldn't have needed to forge anything because you can get married that young with parental consent.  The people who were there talk about it in the documentary.

And that statement is about after they got her away from R Kelly.  They can't talk about him because they signed an NDA.  But there is a old article from Sister2Sister her parents did where they talk about having security around her (they actually had the NOI doing security) after the fact.

As to this lawyer, well, there's plenty of evidence to the contrary;

https://youtu.be/R8wkOWLxBkw

SavagePapi

Did we need an admission though? I thought it was for public consumption for decades now? Vibe Magazine also provided the tea around that time.

Save it.

We been knew, hun. :sistrens:

Silence.
2 hours ago, Ferret said:

Well she looks older 

9 hours ago, prézli said:

Was she 14 in the video? Damn. She looks 20.

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

Well she looks older 

No she does not.