Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

Is working with Nicki Minaj in 2019 problematic?

39 posts in this topic

Villanelle

Do you think there will be a certain stigma around working with Nicki Minaj in the future, considering her relationships with pedophiles, rapists and murderers? Will people in the music industry avoid working with her because of that? Should they?

xH4RMONYx

Yeah that’s why Normani scrapped her collab with her

Illuminati

Yes she's cancelled

The Velvet Rope

It's problematic and offensive to all 5 senses.

FloridaKilos

You guys don't use your heads.

Why would it be problematic? Rappers aren't known for doing yoga and drinking CBD. All of them are involved in gangs and I'm sure they couldn't care less that Minaj's boyfriend killed a man in 2001.

The Velvet Rope
2 minutes ago, FloridaKilos said:

Why would it be problematic? Rappers aren't known for doing yoga and drinking CBD. All of them are involved in gangs and I'm sure they couldn't care less that Minaj's boyfriend killed a man in 2001.

so their rapper status makes being a pos ok? :ahh: 

didn't know that's how that worked. 

FloridaKilos
7 minutes ago, The Velvet Rope said:

so their rapper status makes being a pos ok? :ahh: 

didn't know that's how that worked. 

:rip:

Girl like I said, a lot of rappers are involved in gangs what makes you think they're gonna be offended that Nicki's boyfriend is a convict? Nicki reps gangs and violence herself, so again, I ask, what makes you think people like Tyga, the Migos, Lil Wayne, Yo Gotti, Lil Uzi, TrippieRed, Future, Lil Baby, etc are gonna give a ****? :laugh: 

The Velvet Rope
1 minute ago, FloridaKilos said:

:rip:

Girl like I said, a lot of rappers are involved in gangs what makes you think they're gonna be offended that Nicki's boyfriend is a convict? Nicki reps gangs and violence herself, so again, I ask, what makes you think people like Tyga, the Migos, Lil Wayne, Yo Gotti, Lil Uzi, TrippieRed, Future, Lil Baby, etc are gonna give a ****? :laugh: 

i know that, but anyway nicki's aging and not as commercially viable as she used to be so i'm not expecting her to be getting as many collabs as she used to!

FloridaKilos
6 minutes ago, The Velvet Rope said:

i know that, but anyway nicki's aging and not as commercially viable as she used to be so i'm not expecting her to be getting as many collabs as she used to!

I'd say that's more due to record label dramas, and Cardi B tbh. She may be over in these regards but the Hip-Hop community doesn't care about being politically correct. 

tde

I mean she just got hits like FEFE and Big Bank in the US and Woman Like Me in Europe 

tde
9 minutes ago, The Velvet Rope said:

She recently had songs with Migos, Post Malone, Tyga, Uzi, ASAP ferg, YG, Little Mix, Zayn, Future and more 💀

erianoillim
4 hours ago, The Velvet Rope said:

It's problematic and offensive to all 5 senses.

:bibliahh:

manwhore
7 hours ago, FloridaKilos said:

Yes but Onika's core base are tweenpop lovers and flamboyant down low brothas.  

Rami328

Yes. You’re basically funding her and her rapist boyfriend. 

FloridaKilos
11 hours ago, man***** said:

Yes but Onika's core base are tweenpop lovers and flamboyant down low brothas.  

That’s where you’re wrong and need to step outside girl. Nicki has plenty of cis straight black female and male listeners. She has her gays fans too, yes but to say only gays Stan her the way only gays stan someone like Britney is ridiculous. Girl had a #2 album this year and at least 1 top 10.