Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

Avatar CGI holds up very well after all these years, why?

9 posts in this topic

MAXIMO

While current blockbusters films looks like PS2 videogames, 10-year old Avatar CGI have aged like fine wine. Will James Cameron snap again for the sequel?

Resultado de imagen para avatar cgi

TheLastChord

Say what you want about the script, but James Cameron is one of the most talented directors. The art design in the world building of Avatar is completely consistent all throughout, there's never a creature or a location that feels out of place. The fact that most of is CGI also helps create a better blend, but there's definitely live action footage that was perfectly blended. 

It's still one of the best 3D experience I'eve seen in a theater because of the way the movie was shot and the way the camera is worked. I think only Gravity tops it in that department. 

TheCheetahwings

The movie's CGI may look greatt, but it certainly doesn't look realistic. 

Can't_M!ss_This

Multi-hyphenate James Cameron is an award winning director, visionary, icon, linguist, inventor, chef, novelist, deep sea explorer, tech genius and more 

Ethereal

No one’s gonna want the sequel or any other movie that’s released off this franchise by the time they’re actually released :rip: 

Liafen
2 hours ago, TheCheetahwings said:

Realistic as in you can believe these are living and breathing creatures because they were modeled and rendered so well, not realistic as in it's believable that there's a place with these types of colourful and vivid creatures. 

King Maxx
5 hours ago, TheCheetahwings said:

! It kind of doesn't look that good. I've seen much better today.

TheCheetahwings
13 hours ago, Liafen said:

Realistic as in you can believe these are living and breathing creatures because they were modeled and rendered so well, not realistic as in it's believable that there's a place with these types of colourful and vivid creatures. 

It was good for it's time, i'm just saying that it's unfair to compare it to cgi thatt is aiming to mimic things in real life vs. a completely fictionalized planet/alien life. the cgi stands out as pretty bad when you putt it next to the real humans.

9 hours ago, King Maxx said:

! It kind of doesn't look that good. I've seen much better today.

agreed, most pixar movies look better these days they just aremt aiming for real