Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

The GP drags Kendrick for R-kelly's support

20 posts in this topic

Miles Away

As fans weighed in on who should be canceled, alongside Robert Kelly,throughout the airing of Lifetime’s eye-opening docu-series, Surviving R. Kelly, celebrities from all calibers provided their two cents while the internet rallied against those remaining silent. After so many declined to speak, fans sought out artists who’ve formerly worked with the disgraced Chicago singer or have supported him in other ways.

During the early stages of #MuteRKelly, the activists behind the movement initially urged radio stations to stop playing Robert’s greatest hits. After push-back, it was suggested that they go after streaming platforms. To show their solidarity, Spotify removed the 51-year-old’s music from their playlists, stating that while his music will still be available for streaming, Spotify won’t actively market it. “We don’t censor content because of an artist’s or creator’s behavior, but we want our editorial decisions -- what we choose to program -- to reflect our values. When an artist or creator does something that is especially harmful or hateful, it may affect the ways we work with or support that artist or creator,” 

However, West Coast icon Kendrick Lamar campaigned against it and even threatened to remove his music from Spotify. Eventually, the streaming service backed down.

DouglasBooth

I need the Everyone Better BE Jumping gif

Cryptique

i love Kendrick but he deserves to be called out for threatening Spotify if they take R.Kelly's music down.. Like :ace:

Love Drought

As a Kendrick stan, he deserves the lashings 

FloridaKilos

Okay but we been knew about this?

Why are these pro-black woke SJWs just NOW complaining about Mr. Kendrick's support of R. Smelly? Bunch of damn sheep.

love100
2 minutes ago, FloridaKilos said:

Okay but we been knew about this?

Why are these pro-black woke SJWs just NOW complaining about Mr. Kendrick's support of R. Smelly? Bunch of damn sheep.

same happened to Gaga.. we live in the SJW era

FloridaKilos
7 minutes ago, love100 said:

same happened to Gaga.. we live in the SJW era

Gaga didn't ever speak up for R. Smelly nor was she giving companies ultimatums over him. They're completely different.

Thank U, Next.

robotdanger

Mess. I love Kendrick but he gives me strong Hotep teas.

love100
2 minutes ago, FloridaKilos said:

Gaga didn't ever speak up for R. Smelly nor was she giving companies ultimatums over him. They're completely different.

Thank U, Next.

i know... i was speaking about the timing of these backlashes

erianoillim
9 minutes ago, Before the Dawn said:

Where's the outrage, ATRL?

They also said they were outraged for R Kellys victims but didn't care that Gaga's response comforted them, so it's clear what ATRL really wants to happen.

azii

Yet people are not as loud as they were towards Gaga. 

Interesting. 

Let the outrage continue :clap3: 

scenekiller

Nobody cares about Gaga, you weirdos. Stop making it about her.

ot: I'm living for the Kendrick lashings :bibliahh: entirely deserved

Claymore

If two had already apologized then all of the celebrities involved with R.Kelly should follow suit. Y'all wanted the outrage then y'all better come for every single one of them.

Ryanicorn

Good. I love Kendrick, but he really needs to stop being such a ****ing hotep. He's done this **** with other black artists before.

Rev8

Drag him!

And this is in no was saying that Kendrick Lamar supports sexual assault. It’s simply a point to say that black men care about the black race as a whole, that they ignore the additional struggles of black women.

I feel this is so true today
Not everyone is like that but some black men tend to do that rn!
I would even compare it to hetero men as a whole that don't care if their fav rapper does something sexist or homophobic *cough*eminem*cough* and they still support him!
SicK!

Miles Away
19 hours ago, Before the Dawn said:

Where's the outrage, ATRL?

:laugh: