Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

35 posts in this topic

Messiah St. West
9 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

I've been seeing a lot of Beyonce in the responses. She has one of the best brands and marketing machinery yes but I dont think she's any better than Adele and Taylor who sell better than her. Care to explain?

Forgot about Rih. I dont know what era in particular did it manifest but her branding is transcendent. The bad girl who appeals to the cool kids, who the losers secretly aspires to emulate, who the traditionalists secretly attracted to. 

It's more about her image than her record sales. Her team have built up this God-like, mysterious image for her. She doesn't give interviews anymore, the media will overpraise everything she does, people will go into a frenzy trying to defend her from any criticism to the point where they harass people on the internet for constructively critiquing her. Taylor sells more but she doesn't get all of this treatment while Adele is only in the public eye to promote her music.

Not trying to bash her or anything, just an opinion.

getback

Teenage Dream

LOUD

those came to mind first

haroo
3 hours ago, Dingdong123 said:

Katy Perry’s Firework promo is

Late Show with David Letterman

The X Factor UK

American Music Awards

MTV Europe Music Awards

Paul O’ Grady Live

BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards

Willkommen bei Mario Barth (Germany)

Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

The Ellen DeGeneres Show

VH1 Divas

A good marketing strategy isn’t just about getting out there and performing on every TV show available, it’s more about managing your brand and engaging with your audience in the right way and moment. Taylor does that perfectly. When she invites Swifties for listening parties at her houses, when she puts 5 different sets of collectible Polaroids inside her album packaging, that’s brilliant marketing and has done more for her career than those TV performances you just listed did for Katy’s. 

Marianah Adkins
1 minute ago, Dark XXX said:

It's more about her image than her record sales. Her team have built up this God-like, mysterious image for her. She doesn't give interviews anymore, the media will overpraise everything she does, people will go into a frenzy trying to defend her from any criticism to the point where they harass people on the internet for critiquing her. Taylor sells more but she doesn't get all of this treatment while Adele is only in the public eye to promote her music.

Not trying to bash her or anything, just an opinion.

..So she has solidified her branding to the T. Great explanation. I can see that she has molded her brand into some sort of cult like iconoclasm. Very MJ of her.

Tbh though, while its very beneficial to one's stature, its also quite very risky I think. Her brand rests upon the quality of her music and talent. While talent does not necessarily fade (she's disciplined so it most certainly wont), music quality can, and if Bey ever trips herself in this aspect, the brand would start to crumble. And she's not a huge, universal seller like MJ so..

Marianah Adkins
5 minutes ago, getback said:

Teenage Dream

LOUD

those came to mind first

? Explain ? I can see GGGB but Loud?

Mezter

Madonna tops everyone. Especially from 1984-1989

ordinarynam

Whoever thinks of dropping a surprise visual album in the middle of nowhere for Bey better get kept in her team and had a huge chunks of salary because that roll-out alone makes her become a God in the US 

VOSS
12 hours ago, Marianah Adkins said:

I've been seeing a lot of Beyonce in the responses. She has one of the best brands and marketing machinery yes but I dont think she's any better than Adele and Taylor who sell better than her. Care to explain?

Forgot about Rih. I dont know what era in particular did it manifest but her branding is transcendent. The bad girl who appeals to the cool kids, who the losers secretly aspires to emulate, who the traditionalists secretly attracted to. 

Beyoncé’s team has managed to convince people that she is this untouchable musical genius who is a level above everyone else in everything that she does.  I think that’s more impressive than Adele/Taylor’s massive success.