Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Sweden: Shallow sets new record

41 posts in this topic

FloridaKilos

Truly a pop legend. :clap3: ASIB taking her to new heights! She stays making people (Hi Troy Carter and Akon) regret their terrible business decisions!

Coklek92

Arianatora getting pressed already :laugh:

TheLament

ASIB's success in Sweden is insane.

It was the 2nd most seen film at cinemas in Sweden in 2018 as well.

(Mamma Mia 2 was number one - take into account that ABBA are Swedes.)

Its success is also particularly impressive since her chart presence here has been tragic post BTW.

Applause and DWUW both peaked at 17

Perfect Illusion - 39

Million Reasons - 71

The Cure - 51

KillingYourCareer

Never would I have expected Nordic countries to stan Shallow :dies:

Cryptique

Spotify's land has taste :clap3:

the better support every Gaga single from now on by putting it in TTH

TheLastChord
43 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

I mean if they're lucky enough to get offered a role in the re-make of a massively-followed musical, then I can see them getting the same success and acclaim. A Star Is Born is a classic I don't think the success of it has anything to do with the actors/actresses. I would personally enjoy Shallow more if Ariana had been the vocalist behind it though :heart2: 

9zbBQT9.gif

I don't see none of the songs from the iconic Mary Poppins anywhere, nor Vox Lux. Nor do I remember any single from The Greatest Showman or La La Land either perfoming even close as Shallow, but whatever floats your boat baby!

Marianah Adkins
11 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Never would I have expected Nordic countries to stan Shallow :dies:

Tbh. But then again I was not surprised considering that they stanned Shania's Come On Over, and were one of the few countries in the continent where country Taylor had some success (Love Story in particular). Country music must really reasonate well with them.

Ethereal
3 minutes ago, TheLastChord said:

I don't see none of the songs from the iconic Mary Poppins anywhere, nor Vox Lux. Nor do I remember any single from The Greatest Showman or La La Land either perfoming even close as Shallow, but whatever floats your boat baby!

The Greatest Showman is still smashing, so let’s not attempt to discredit its success. My point still stands - ASIB would have been huge without Gaga and to allocate all its success to her is completely naive. This is yet another example of stanning gone too far. Bradley Cooper’s A Star Is Born always was going to be huge.  

9zbBQT9.gif

Before the Dawn
2 hours ago, Ethereal said:

Shallow is supported by a #1 movie of course it's going to be eaten up by the public - it would have the same success had it been another female vocalist/actress on the track. Musicals are in.

9zbBQT9.gif

Suffer :heart2:

TheLastChord
7 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

The Greatest Showman is still smashing, so let’s not attempt to discredit its success. My point still stands - ASIB would have been huge without Gaga and to allocate all its success to her is completely naive. This is yet another example of stanning gone too far. Bradley Cooper’s A Star Is Born always was going to be huge.  

9zbBQT9.gif

But weren't all of you expecting it go get panned and for Gaga to sweep the razzies? Now, the expectation was always massive success? I think somebody's lying. That's the thing with _, they always switch-

And no I don't attribute all of its success to Gaga, that would be as delusional as discrediting her, Bradley definitely did a wodnerful job.

But to @Ethereal Gaga is a flop and untalented, so he'll probably always hate her. Bye, have fun being pressed and lying to yourself! Wish you the best!

GrandeVersace

I see Gaga and her countless accomplishments has miss Ethereal fuming.

Ethereal
1 minute ago, TheLastChord said:

But weren't all of you expecting it go get panned and for Gaga to sweep the razzies? Now, the expectation was always massive success? I think somebody's lying. That's the thing with _, they always switch-

And no I don't attribute all of its success to Gaga, that would be as delusional as discreting her, Bradley definitely did a wodnerful job.

But to @Ethereal Gaga is a flop and untalented, so he'll probably always hate her. Bye, have fun being pressed and lying to yourself! Wish you the best!

I never once said it was going to be panned. I was one of the few who expected it to be a box office smash off the basis of its name alone. 

I don’t hate Gaga actually but having a different opinion may look like hatred to you. Never have I once said Gaga is not talented either :) 

9zbBQT9.gif

Halien4Life
1 hour ago, jinzo said:

They produce the best music in the world AND have the best taste.

Ok

but facts

thedeathbymusic

She really should be planning a world tour after award season, but whatever.

MissedTheTrain
On 1/11/2019 at 9:02 AM, Ethereal said:

9zbBQT9.gif

This is a lie.

Gaga wrote most of the soundtrack.  Her songs are the most streamed/bought off of it.  There would be now "Shallow" without her.  And since you love to keep bringing up other musical movies: there's no one in recent years that has yielded a Top 10 hit that has been nominated for major Grammys.  Stop trying to discredit her.