Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

“Hold It Against Me” 8 year anniversary!

62 posts in this topic

lovemehateme

The memories :'( Amazing song, stop sleeping on it people! Also this scene of the music video still gives me chills to this day...

Képtalálat a következÅre: âbritney hold it against me gifâ

getinthezone

Britney wasnt ready for an era, she was completely medicated and performed this song like 3 months after its release for the first time, looking completely bloated and unfit.

ElectricFrancis

Didn’t it free fell after one week? The OP make it seem like it’s a classic or something. :ahh: 

arkl

the one that started the dubstep trend #influencer :clap3: 

Rev8
5 hours ago, Lemonaade said:

- The song held the record for the highest first week sales numbers with 411,000 sold in its first week up until 2015 when Adele’s “Hello” sold over one million copies. 

Imagine that! :clap3:

Erreur2 La Nature
3 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

imagine admitting this out loud and proud :rip: No wonder...lmao

hjdfsjk 

Of course this user would be in this Britney anniversary thread, bashing her... one more time :eli:

—-

OT : Ahhh a trendsetter :clap3:

That’s my least favorite FF single but it’s a great song and the video is very good too. Some popgirls wish they’d release quality and bops at the same time, like HIAM !

:heart2:

Erreur2 La Nature
3 hours ago, ElectricFrancis said:

Didn’t it free fell after one week? The OP make it seem like it’s a classic or something. :ahh: 

Too bad for you it did not :ahh:

Despite never being promoted, HIAM debuted at number 1, breaking new records. It was a single for a very short period of time. After one week, the song was #6 on the Hot 100, if I’m remembering correctly. 

UnusualBoy

I remember playing the hell out of it when it was released. The release was mishandled tbh.

slw84
6 hours ago, Lemonaade said:

b3c28fcc7203cf51_221096523.jpg

https://open.spotify.com/album/0WJFAsVEcgZWpS0ZjeDYMo

Its been 8 years since Britney Spears released the lead single off her 7th studio album Femme Fatale. “Hold it Against Me” also became Spears’s fourth number one single on the Billboard Hot 100 and her second single to debut at the top spot. 

Fun facts:

- “Hold It Against Me” was the 99th number one song on the Billboard Hot 100.

- The song is the 18th song to debut at number one on the Hot 100.

- With “Hold It Against Me”, Spears became only the second artist in history to debut multiple songs at the top spot on the Hot 100, only behind Mariah Carey.

- The song held the record for the highest first week sales numbers with 411,000 sold in its first week up until 2015 when Adele’s “Hello” sold over one million copies. 

- The song holds the record for the highest first day radio spins with 619 spins. 

- The song has sold over three million singles worldwide.

- The music video was VEVO certified in the fall of 2012 having surpassed over 100 million views on YouTube. It currently sits at 123 million views.

:clap3:

FrederickSpears

It's not one of my favorite Britney songs or favorites of her leads, but it's alright. I really liked it at the time.

Unusualyou

Amazing song, shame that Brit wasn't ready for her big comeback 

KarlosVzla

She brought this sound to mainstream, she did the **** outta that. The breakdown still gives me chills to this days and this is also one of her best videos.

Ozzy8923

This song started my interest in discovering Britney's music. 😌 

Also, the superior version:

monster_enriquer
14 hours ago, easy HME said:

Ohh my if I see few more Monsters praise this bop I might praise Gaga for a day :clap3:

It’s a Major banger and I still use it today 😍

imabadkid

omg has it rly been 8 YEARS? this was back in the day when I was a hardcore stan, i remember waking up and buying the song and listening to it on repeat all day.

Soviet Youth

invented dubstep, debuting at #1 and breaking records

Julián

Among her top 5 songs for sure. The video is amazing. There was so much hype for her back then. Ugh :weeps: 

Queen Bea.

I’m still mad at her make-up artist for ruining every look in that video. What did they have against eyebrows?

itaughtyouright

Why does Britney hate the song? :ace: