Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

63 posts in this topic

cuneytb

Can't she re write the lyrics and release it again? She should give the fans something back :rip: 

lodylody
3 hours ago, TheLastChord said:

The album will indeed have to be deleted and re-uploaded, I imagine iTunes might have it easier than Spotify though. 

3 hours ago, Eggy. said:

The DWUW remix EP is gone on my country‘s iTunes. Was still there when I checked earlier today. Album version is still up but that‘s because she will have to delete the whole album and re-upload it w/o DWUW which takes longer. 

Whilst artists using distribution services (like TuneCore, DistroKid, CDBaby) have to delete and reupload to make changes, record labels often have special relationships with streaming services/digital music stores that allow major artists to change releases without this rigmarole.

I suppose the most recent high-profile example would be Nicki Minaj, who added FEFE to her album, and then replaced FEFE with Good Form.

She will be able to remove DWUW from the album if she wishes, with little difficulty. But as has been said many times in this thread already, it will take time to be processed.

TheLastChord
2 minutes ago, lodylody said:

Whilst artists using distribution services (like TuneCore, DistroKid, CDBaby) have to delete and reupload to make changes, record labels often have special relationships with streaming services/digital music stores that allow major artists to change releases without this rigmarole.

I suppose the most recent high-profile example would be Nicki Minaj, who added FEFE to her album, and then replaced FEFE with Good Form.

She will be able to remove DWUW from the album if she wishes, with little difficulty. But as has been said many times in this thread already, it will take time to be processed.

Can she add Brooklyn Nights then? Like can we make that happen?

SHRINE
3 hours ago, TheLastChord said:

The album will indeed have to be deleted and re-uploaded, I imagine iTunes might have it easier than Spotify though. 

Not necessarily. I think for a major artist, especially Gaga, they would be more inclined to replace the file on their end rather than a simple delete and re-upload. It can be done is certain cases, it just taskes longer. 

SHRINE
41 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

Can't she re write the lyrics and release it again? She should give the fans something back :rip: 

She already has a solo version/the original. It’s either going to be that if it’s replaced or the version with Christina. Then again, she might just have it removed and that be that. 

lodylody
Just now, TheLastChord said:

Can she add Brooklyn Nights then? Like can we make that happen?

No, but she's more than welcome to add Temple, Tea, Tinnitus, Onion Girl, Partynauseous, Sire and In Like With You.

da98d2e6ca361bd99f2d8db0450eb10a.gif

TheLastChord
4 minutes ago, lodylody said:

No, but she's more than welcome to add Temple, Tea, Tinnitus, Onion Girl, Partynauseous, Sire and In Like With You.

da98d2e6ca361bd99f2d8db0450eb10a.gif

Those will lie in the vault of forgotten dream with Americano Mariachi

OT: THE SONG HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM ARTPOP

It took less than 24 hours.

DockDock

ARTPOP AT #57 on itunes Album its coming

Scandalous

stream this instead!

Arthoe
On 1/10/2019 at 8:37 PM, Joesuxx said:

But I love GaGa, i’ve seen her twice, i’m Not blinded by hatred nor love, common sense tells you everything just looking at the time line of the last few days. I just find the way this all happened was for the bling not the music, the fans nor the victims of a man currently in the top 20 iTunes chart of one of the most influential countries in the world. It sends a poor message. 

Just a heads up now that the numbers are out: The song sold 2,000 copies within the last 48 hours before the song got removed. The songwriter's portion per sold song (that gets further divided between all songwriters) is $0,091. R. Kelly is credited with writing 8,5% of the song if you take an educated guess looking at Lady Gaga's BMI reportoire, meaning that this tiny stint into the Top 10 earned R. Kelly a whooping amount of $15,47. That is however before income taxes. Chicago income taxes lay around 10,25% meaning his total earnings were actually a grand total of $13,44.

Were those 13 dollars worth all the fuss? :deadbanana2:

Joesuxx
12 hours ago, Arthoe said:

Just a heads up now that the numbers are out: The song sold 2,000 copies within the last 48 hours before the song got removed. The songwriter's portion per sold song (that gets further divided between all songwriters) is $0,091. R. Kelly is credited with writing 8,5% of the song if you take an educated guess looking at Lady Gaga's BMI reportoire, meaning that this tiny stint into the Top 10 earned R. Kelly a whooping amount of $15,47. That is however before income taxes. Chicago income taxes lay around 10,25% meaning his total earnings were actually a grand total of $13,44.

Were those 13 dollars worth all the fuss? :deadbanana2:

Yeah, this man has victims who just watched him make a profit on a song with the lyrics ‘do what you want with my body’ he could of earned a single cent and it would still be an insult. But whatever, till it happens to you I guess. C’est la vie and all that. 

ilovemusic432
On 1/10/2019 at 6:06 PM, Scandalous said:

stream this instead!

Weird. The video is unavailable now. 

Though this one still works