Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

Britney album was set to be released, now delayed

55 posts in this topic

intheneonlights

Britney Spears’ recent announcement that she was undertaking an “indefinite work hiatus” following her father Jamie Spears’ recent life-threatening health crisis (he suffered a ruptured colon late last year and spent much of December hospitalized) has resulted in the postponement of her Las Vegas residency, “Britney: Domination.” Slated to run for 32 performances at the Park Theatre at Park MGM, the show is on hold for the foreseeable future and so, it appears, is a new album that was pegged to the launch.

Variety has learned that hitmaker Justin Tranter (Imagine Dragons, Selena Gomez) serves as executive producer on Spears’ next full-length release for RCA Records, her tenth studio effort over a career that spans two decades (her last album was “Glory” in 2016, on which Tranter had four writing credits). Tranter acknowledges that he is working on the album, telling Variety, “I’m beyond excited to be involved,” but declines to speculate on a possible release date or whether it will come out in 2019.

Spears’ manager, Larry Rudolph, says, “Everything is on hold right now until Jamie is better. But once he is, she will resume working on the album with Justin. Right now, she’s taking some time off to deal with these family issues.”

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/britney-spears-hiatus-new-album-release-delay-1203104215/

Bencharmer

But i thought she was about to record new music DURING the residency.... :huh:

scenekiller

Oh please, it can still be released. She doesn’t do promo anyway.

Remixed

Wow that sucks for Britney’s fans 😞 

ProudLBS

She doesn't promote her music anyway lol at least she'd get some press

DavidXuBarco

I love Britney, but what's the point of her albums tbh? she's not an album artist (not even an artist :toofunny2:) at all..

Eternium

But I was told the hiatus was over ticket sales? That couldn’t possibly be ANOTHER lie from certain users, huh? :confused: 

Josh
3 minutes ago, DavidXuBarco said:

I love Britney, but what's the point of her albums tbh? she's not an album artist (not even an artist :toofunny2:) at all..

So she can release amazingly crafted pop albums? you don't have to listen to them? 

Remixed
Just now, Eternium said:

But I was told the hiatus was over ticket sales? That couldn’t possibly be ANOTHER lie from certain users, huh? :confused: 

Well the ticket sales being poor wasn’t a lie. We all saw the thousands of seats available even on opening night. So? 

Miichael

Justin Tranter being the executive producer :duca: omg

itsnickcray
4 minutes ago, Remixed said:

Well the ticket sales being poor wasn’t a lie. We all saw the thousands of seats available even on opening night. So? 

It's Vegas. These shows would sell out on the day of the show.

Remixed
1 minute ago, itsnickcray said:

It's Vegas. These shows would sell out on the day of the show.

They were dangerously low even for Vegas. Britney should take this time to whip up a quality album that the GP wants to pay for to see live. Glory was not iT. 

8AKfHUq.gif 

UnusualBoy

I doubt she even had started working on it so I wasn't exactly expecting an album this year tbh.

XtinaPanicGodney

byeee :rip: glory felt like 5 years ago 

itsnickcray
1 minute ago, Remixed said:

They were dangerously low even for Vegas. Britney should take this time to whip up a quality album that the GP wants to pay for to see live. Glory was not iT. 

8AKfHUq.gif 

She did a sold out arena tour last summer + Glory was pop perfection.

rN820

Justin is the perfect executive producer! This is going to be a great album 

UnusualBoy
6 minutes ago, Remixed said:

8AKfHUq.gif 

As if you had listened Glory in the first place to know whether it was good or not...

Remixed
Just now, UnusualBoy said:

As if you had listened Glory in the first place to know whether it was good or not...

I did, once.

8AKfHUq.gif

intheneonlights
6 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Misleading af, of course she was going to release another album. That's all this article is saying. It doesn't say it was about to be released anytime soon.

the show is on hold for the foreseeable future and so, it appears, is a new album that was pegged to the launch.

a new album that was pegged to the launch.

a new album that was pegged to the launch.

peg: verb [ T ] (FIX AMOUNT)

to fix the amount or value of something in relation to something else

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/peg

djkostream

I'm glad that Justin Tranter is the excutive producer, he is incredible (the bops are coming)

Josh
2 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Well considering they're britneys biggest stans they probably listened to it more than Aunt Joanne 8AKfHUq.gif 

Valentine

Glory was so good. I'm so hyped for her next album :jonny: 

Please get better soon Jamie

Arcadius

He did really good with Glory so hopefully he’ll still be on board whenever (if ever) she returns.