Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

Is Britney Really a Terrible Performer?

244 posts in this topic

sweetkiss

She is bad because shes stuck doing the same thing that just doesnt work anymore. For one era ok cool, but now Id expect some live singing,  more intimate shows, more conversation. Dancing like a robot and no heart and soul put into it gets tired. Her last good tour imo was Circus and Ive been visiting the ones after. It was tragic and you can tell Britney was ona 'cant wait for this to be over with'.

Bey_Rihstan

Britney has been a terrible performer for like 10 years now... No idea why her stans wont admit it. The only thing she ever really had was dancing and she's very stiff.

The last time she showed any type of promise was the Circus era. she's been going through the motions ever sense. 

madonnas

She's bad.  I love her but I'm happy domination is cancelled because its really the best thing for her and her fanbase.  

Bunifa
3 hours ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

Britney has been a terrible performer for like 10 years now... No idea why her stans wont admit it. The only thing she ever really had was dancing and she's very stiff.

The last time she showed any type of promise was the Circus era. she's been going through the motions ever sense. 

as a britney stan I agree, I couldn't stand to watch any of her performance post Circus sans 2016 BBMA. but Imma still be a stan because I love her voice:mandown:

Spoiler

any news on the black barbie Brandy's new era???? can't wait for her new era. 

Bunifa

honestly, I wish she'd quit dancing for now, cancel the residency once and for all, focus on improving her singing and giving live vocals, promote her music thru performances with a band, and quit touring until she's ready to give it her all.

angel_ex
13 hours ago, BeBeMint said:

Omg. I had no idea her performances were so bad. She did the same few movements throughout the whole song. This CANNOT be what the choreographer had in mind.

So, anyone knows who choreographed her vegas show? It seemed to me he sabotaged Britney. 

Mariya Takeuchi

She's awful now but she wasn't that great to begin with imho when compared to the likes of Janet, Ciara, Mya & Jlo.

Haburo
14 hours ago, The Velvet Rope said:

Idk, i've seen zumba classes at the gym and most of them SNATCH

ENuuFxD.gif

some ppl have no legs

Haburo
9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

she never was a good performer though 💀

Not true

sorry u gays are doing the absolute MOST

BreatheMoi

10 pages! Wheew Legendary Britney Spears still has them talking! :jonny5:

Tanuki
3 hours ago, Bunifa said:

honestly, I wish she'd quit dancing for now, cancel the residency once and for all, focus on improving her singing and giving live vocals, promote her music thru performances with a band, and quit touring until she's ready to give it her all.

A stripped down album of her classics, performed on a smaller tour within a more personal setting in smaller venues would be amazing. :duca:

LuckyCunt

White privilege.

Let a black girl get on stage be stiff with terrible choreography while lip syncing...she'd be burned at the stake.

I could deal with the stiffness if the choreo wasn't so terrible. Hell, at this point I'd rather he use props like the Circus Tour and let the dancers do all the heavy work. 

walkingmermaid

I don't agree with that 100% but you chose the wrong videos to prove people wrong. 

Her moves are weird, heavy and very similar. I think for her concerts, she should change the choreographies a little bit. Every time I see her dancing it seems like she's made of rock. Also lip syncing should be gone AND her concert clothes are horrible. 

Josh
2 hours ago, Lucky**** said:

White privilege.

Let a black girl get on stage be stiff with terrible choreography while lip syncing...she'd be burned at the stake.

I could deal with the stiffness if the choreo wasn't so terrible. Hell, at this point I'd rather he use props like the Circus Tour and let the dancers do all the heavy work. 

Rihanna didn't get away with terrible performing skills 

Ricky Wilson
3 hours ago, Haburo said:

Not true

sorry u gays are doing the absolute MOST

And the bottoms claiming she's a great performer are not?

Haburo
1 hour ago, Ricky Wilson said:

And the bottoms claiming she's a great performer are not?

when did claiming she's not terrible = claiming she's great

honestly

tell me

i'd LOVE to know

MissedTheTrain
14 hours ago, Cannabis said:

she never was a good performer though 💀

Sis that's a lie :rip:

PopNStuff

The most terrible? NO!

Lazy? Yes!

Lacks creativity? Yes!

The problem with Britney is that she serves half-assed high school cheerleading routines -- all arms with an occasional leg routine -- and uses production and her dancers to make her look good. If you strip all the background, you'd have a high school cheerleading dancing to a song.

Domination
5 hours ago, Lucky**** said:

White privilege.

I mean Rihanna might sing live but she's as bad as Britney in terms of presence.

OT: Yes. She's on par with most modern pop stars but compared to her past self and other people who have reached her level of fame (Beyonce, Gaga), she's quite terrible.