Taylor: Most consumed female artist in the US in 2018

TtaraHae

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Hopefully for your sake you can accept that Ariana is bigger in streaming even when Taylor unleashed her discography onto Spotify. 

I understand why you were excited. I assumed after how much Taylor was playlisted and forced Spotify to prop up her releases that she had the #1 position for streaming in the bag. Even I’m shocked by Taylor’s underperformance on streaming. But I take pride in seeing Ariana remain at the top of the pack for streaming. For someone who claims to like Ariana, you’d do best to probably not show just how uncomfortable you are with a woman who isn’t your fave excelling. 

Bragging about total consumption yet so insecure that Taylor couldn’t top streaming too that there’s conspiracies as to why Ariana outdid her when TUN broke all of Taylor’s records with almost no playlist support. 

Jealousy is so sad especially in people who have no reason to be. :deadbanana2:

What the **** is this fanfiction? I literally just said Ariana is bigger on streaming (on Spotify, Taylor has more streams on YouTube and Apple Music), the only reason I’m even comparing the two is because you started it. Ariana is my second most played artist and I root for her success in other threads, stop painting everyone you don’t like out to be a misogynist/racist or whatever.

You realize Taylor has 1/3 the playlist audience that Ariana has on Spotify right? Please stop talking out of your ass :rip: I’m done with this conversation, it’s like talking to a brick wall.

OT: Taylor being the most consumed female 12 years into her career :clap3: 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• Champion Cynthia

• Ash12345

• Cloröx

2 minutes ago, ChampionCynthia said:

What the **** is this fanfiction? I literally just said Ariana is bigger on streaming (on Spotify, Taylor has more streams on YouTube and Apple Music), the only reason I’m even comparing the two is because you started it. Ariana is my second most played artist and I root for her success in other threads, stop painting everyone you don’t like out to be a misogynist/racist or whatever.

You realize Taylor has 1/3 the playlist audience that Ariana has on Spotify right? Please stop talking out of your ass :rip: I’m done with this conversation, it’s like talking to a brick wall.

OT: Taylor being the most consumed female 12 years into her career :clap3: 

He is literally so pressed. I don’t even get why. 

Ariana is barely ahead on streams especially considering the fact she released an album this year whilst Taylor just had delicate. 

OT: Taylor being the most consumed female 12 years into her career :clap3: [2]

Just now, ChampionCynthia said:

You realize Taylor has 1/3 the playlist audience that Ariana has on Spotify right?

And yet it was her most organic smash that shattered all of Taylor’s records and why she’s ahead of Taylor in streaming. 

I’m sorry that you can’t magically erase the facts of TUN’s success away like all other issues. 

If you can’t sleep well at night because of the facts I simply pointed out to someone as to why Ariana is bigger than Taylor in streaming, that’s on you, sis. So much resentment and jealousy for no reason. Breathe. You’d think I would have threatened to kill your family, not simply pointed out to you why four albums generating x streams is better than six albums generating Y streams. It’s math  :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

And yet it was her most organic smash that shattered all of Taylor’s records and why she’s ahead of Taylor in streaming. 

I’m sorry that you can’t magically erase the facts of TUN’s success away like all other issues. 

If you can’t sleep well at night because of the facts I simply pointed out to someone as to why Ariana is bigger than Taylor in streaming, that’s on you, sis. So much resentment and jealousy for no reason. Breathe. You’d think I would have threatened to kill your family, not simply pointed out to you why four albums generating x streams is better than six albums generating Y streams. It’s math  :deadbanana2:

Taylor was more consumed than your fave in 2018, FUME 

OT: Legend tingz

The fumes in here from that one demented user :rip: 

OT: Taylor being more consumed than Ariana :jonny2: Ariana barely beating Taylor in streams is also surprising. I was told Taylor was streaming poison and that she’s a flop now. Taylor’s domination over the pop realm just wont let up. :jonny5:

Edited by TtaraHae

I’m glad her suburban fan base buys her CDs. That doesn’t justify your weird conspiracies as to why Ariana beats her in streaming. The only one fuming is you and your theories to disprove “6 > 4” and “12 > 3”. :skull:

”You’re an anti-Taylor troll for pointing out that twelve months is longer than three months!!!”

?

:deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, Communion said:

Jealousy for no reason? You come at Taylor's thread and suddenly calling people jealousy. I have to laugh. Looks like someone can't handle it :laugh:

10 minutes ago, ChampionCynthia said:

The fact that she literally slays in every metric of consumption. Pure sales, streaming, touring... and barely gets beaten out on streaming by girls like Ariana that have full era rollouts during the tracked year despite having such huge playlist disadvantages on Spotify. Even then she is more streamed on other platforms (see: YouTube and Apple Music). Does she ever lose?:jonny2:

Edited by TtaraHae

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

I’m glad her suburban fan base buys her CDs. That doesn’t justify your weird conspiracies as to why Ariana beats her in streaming. The only one fuming is you and your theories to disprove “6 > 4” and “12 > 3”. :skull:

”You’re an anti-Taylor troll for pointing out that twelve months is longer than three months!!!”

?

:deadbanana2:

Taylor more consumed than your fave in 2018, fume.

OT: That Taylor reign just won’t let up :jonny5:

If being a flop puts you on top of the charts for being most consumed female artist of the year, then FLOP me too queen.

pMNlARA.gif

3 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

Jealousy for no reason? You come at Taylor's thread and suddenly calling people jealousy. I have to laugh. Looks like someone can't handle it :laugh:

Taylor’s thread and nearly all the posts being excuses and conspiracies as to why she couldn’t outstream Ariana. :deadbanana2:

The sheer sociopathy it takes to not be happy with being the most consumed and bought artist, and being overpowered with such intense resentment to develop conspiracies as to why she came up short on streaming. 

The fact that a little Italian woman could somehow ruin some of y’alls entire days just for being more successful on streaming - which you all claim doesn’t matter. What? :skull:

Edited by Communion

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

Taylor’s thread and nearly all the posts being excuses and conspiracies as to why she couldn’t outstream Ariana. :deadbanana2:

The sheer sociopathy it takes to not be happy with being the most consumed and bought artist, and being overpowered with such intense resentment to develop conspiracies as to why she came up short on streaming. 

The fact that a little Italian woman could somehow ruin some of y’alls entire days just for being more successful on streaming - which you all claim doesn’t matter. What? :skull:

Omg you were the one who started this stan war and no one is claiming streaming doesn’t matter, do you just live in an alternate universe? :rip: 

Edited by ChampionCynthia

Omg you were the one who started this stan war and no one is claiming streaming doesn’t matter, so you just live in an alternate universe? :rip: 

:bibliahh:what a MESS

OT: Taylor winner. :jonny5:

Just now, Communion said:

Excuse and conspiracy? I mean we have another thread exposing the Spotify payola and like it or not you can't deny that Spotify playlist plays huge role in gaining streams. Ariana gets better Spotify playlist treatment by a lot so no wonder she will get more streams but it seems like you can't accept it since it makes Ariana's success on Spotify less organic. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, ChampionCynthia said:

Omg you were the one who started this stan war and no one is claiming streaming doesn’t matter, so you just live in an alternate universe? :rip: 

Ikr, watch him twisted our words just like on the other thread :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, ChampionCynthia said:

Except the user I quoted did. :cm:

Pointing out facts in response is what I did. Put me on ignore if quoting measurements of time makes you this angry at me that you use personal insults like before. :skull: You’re not owed everyone accepting your version of reality. If someone says something false and is corrected, that correction is not a “stan war”. 

You can go back to your conspiracies over Ariana’s streams (a bit stan wars, no?) or breaking the rules with duplicate posts, but I’m going to keep posting as I please and you’re more than entitled to put me on ignore because I won’t succumb to your version of reality. :deadbanana2:

12 minutes ago, Communion said:

Who cares?

please stop derailing the thread. 

Its a thread celebrating taylor swift as the most consumed female artist of 2018. If you don’t have anything relevant to say then go. 

6 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

Who cares?

please stop derailing the thread. 

Its a thread celebrating taylor swift as the most consumed female artist of 2018. If you don’t have anything relevant to say then go. 

Chart threads are not celebratory. :skull: 

If you want to celebrate Taylor without rebuttal or fact-checking, go to her base. 

Someone made a claim about why Ariana had more streams. They were corrected and such correction has triggered a marathon of posters dogpiling over someone daring to post the fact of how long measurements of time are. 

Ariana is the most streamed female artist of 2018 despite such a small discography and releasing her album in late 2018. It’s sad that Taylor can have so much more than Ariana and yet Taylor fans can’t stop taking about Ariana. 

Edited by Communion

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

Chart threads are not celebratory. :skull: 

If you want to celebrate Taylor without rebuttal or fact-checking, go to her base. 

Someone made a claim about why Ariana had more streams. They were corrected and such correction has triggered a marathon of posters dogpiling over someone daring to post the fact of how long measurements of time are. 

Ariana is the most streamed female artist of 2018 despite such a small discography and releasing her album in late 2018. It’s sad that Taylor can have so much more than Ariana and yet Taylor fans can’t stop taking about Ariana. 

You’re not even fact checking.

You’re just going on and on about Ariana having more streams when the thread is about total consumption. The post you quoted also said Ariana had more streams and didn’t give any claims about why lmao. 

Ariana released 4 singles in 2018 as opposed to taylor’s 1 and has 3X as many playlists. Yes she got more streams. But overall Taylor is still more consumed. 

OT: congrats to Taylor being the most consumed female artist in 2018. 

4 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

You’re not even fact checking.

Sis, you don’t even seem to know what you’re taking about when streams are part of consumption. 

If you want to stan without rebuttal, go to her base. That’s not even a bad thing. I’m not bashing it. You have every right to want to imagine your fave how you want regardless of facts. More power to you. If you want to deal and speak in facts, engage with them here. It’s a very easy choice. It’s not confusing. 

Edited by Communion

Just now, Communion said:

Sis, you don’t even seem to know what you’re taking about when streams are part of consumption. 

If you want to stan without rebuttal, go to her base. That’s not even a bad thing. I’m not bashing it. You have every right to want to imagine your face how you want regardless of facts. More power to you. If you want to deal and speak in facts, engage with them here. It’s a very easy choice. It’s not confusing. 

Consumption includes all forms of consuming music sis :rip:

and taylor is #1. 

If you could actually give proper rebuttals it’d be fine. But it’s a fact that despite releasing way less music this year Taylor is the most consumed female. There’s no way you can get around that. 

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

If you want to stan without rebuttal, go to her base. That’s not even a bad thing. I’m not bashing it. You have every right to want to imagine your fave how you want regardless of facts. More power to you. If you want to deal and speak in facts, engage with them here. It’s a very easy choice. It’s not confusing. 

And when did that user claim otherwise? Do you enjoy religiously spinning people’s posts into things that they never said at all whatsoever? :rip: 

There’s nothing to “imagine” here. They pointed out the information that this source has provided, which states that Taylor was more consumed than Ariana in 2018 and was barely outstreamed by Ariana despite Ariana having 4 times the single releases that Taylor did and despite Ariana having a full era roll-out in the relevant year that was tracked. Is something wrong with you? :rip: 

Edited by TtaraHae

Just now, Ash12345 said:

and taylor is #1. 

If you could actually give proper rebuttals it’d be fine. But it’s a fact that despite releasing way less music this year Taylor is the most consumed female. There’s no way you can get around that. 

Except it was already pointed out a song released in November 2017 doesn’t magically stop getting streams on January 1st, 2018. :skull:

Reputation was on streaming services for twelve out of twelve months in 2018. Sweetener was on streaming services for three out of twelve months. 

Is twelve bigger than three? Yes or no? Facts like measurements of time do not care about your feelings. 

4 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

and taylor is #1. 

Except it was already pointed out a song released in November 2017 doesn’t magically stop getting streams on January 1st, 2018. :skull:

Reputation was on streaming services for twelve out of twelve months in 2018. Sweetener was on streaming services for three out of twelve months. 

Is twelve bigger than three? Yes or no? Facts like measurements of time do not care about your feelings. 

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

But Ariana got more exposure on Spotify playlists :laugh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.