Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chris Brown - Undecided

46 posts in this topic

Such a great video. The song is a jam! :jamming:

His music is so basic and he has a very annoying voice.

& all his music video's are High school-ish.  He's like 30, grow up.

57 minutes ago, Mohzy said:

His music is so basic and he has a very annoying voice.

& all his music video's are High school-ish.  He's like 30, grow up.

no artistic growth, just the same songs rinsed and repeated 500 times. and people have the nerve to compare him to legends

JoJo did the same music video when she was 13.

As detestable as he is, he is so damn naturally talented. This video is full of natural charisma. He would've been a total superstar. 

Serayah! :clap3:

16 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

As detestable as he is, he is so damn naturally talented. This video is full of natural charisma. He would've been a total superstar. 

I agree.

I just watched the B2K Documentary on YouTube, and after all of the shady things Omarion did behind-the-scenes to get the spotlight and go solo, I'm sure the other group members were so happy when Chris Brown came out of nowhere in 2005 and took his spot. 

Chris was literally being groomed by Jive/RCA to become the next Usher (his labelmate): Crossover hits, choreography, songwriting, and hooks for rappers. 

The Rihanna situation in 2008-09 derailed the plans/public persona for MEGA-STARDOM.... and Jason Derulo came up to take that place. (...but he can't really entertain, and Urban Radio/Rappers ignore his singles)

Now we're left with a void for a male entertainer of colour with impressive vocals/crossover ability and choreography... and it looks like Bruno Mars might take it. It was Chris' to lose. 

9 hours ago, MusicTalker said:

!!!!

On 1/4/2019 at 8:18 PM, trainsskyscrapers said:

I agree.

I just watched the B2K Documentary on YouTube, and after all of the shady things Omarion did behind-the-scenes to get the spotlight and go solo, I'm sure the other group members were so happy when Chris Brown came out of nowhere in 2005 and took his spot. 

Chris was literally being groomed by Jive/RCA to become the next Usher (his labelmate): Crossover hits, choreography, songwriting, and hooks for rappers. 

The Rihanna situation in 2008-09 derailed the plans/public persona for MEGA-STARDOM.... and Jason Derulo came up to take that place. (...but he can't really entertain, and Urban Radio/Rappers ignore his singles)

Now we're left with a void for a male entertainer of colour with impressive vocals/crossover ability and choreography... and it looks like Bruno Mars might take it. It was Chris' to lose. 

not when the world is flashy claiming bruno to be culture vulture

On 1/4/2019 at 7:55 PM, MusicTalker said:

He already has and is 💀 Keep uP!

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2019 at 8:18 PM, trainsskyscrapers said:

I agree.

Bruno is not considered a male of color lmao. Yall stay trying to squeeze Bruno and The Weeknd into these R&B/Urban discussions when the black community doesn't really use like THAT. How are they "crossover" when they are majorly pop supported and have been from the jump. It is and was Chris. Period and yall are going to have to deal lol

10 minutes ago, FAME. said:

Bruno is not considered a male of color lmao. Yall stay trying to squeeze Bruno and The Weeknd into these R&B/Urban discussions when the black community doesn't really use like THAT. How are they "crossover" when they are majorly pop supported and have been from the jump. It is and was Chris. Period and yall are going to have to deal lol

which brings us back to the #KINGOFRNB discussion becasue right now the throne is bare

1 hour ago, FAME. said:

Why not? 

Is it because he gets amazing pop airplay?

So was Chris until Rihanna-gate / "I Can Transform You". What about Loyal, Look At Me Now, Love More f. Nicki Minaj, Yeah 3X, Beautiful People, etc...? All received major traction on Pop/Rhythmic.

The fact you've also omitted The Weeknd when "Earned It"/"Love Me Harder" was his FIRST foray at pop radio (four projects in) shows how delusional you are. His albums receive heavy urban airplay.

I remember when Atlantic was about to send Bruno's DEBUT SINGLE Nothin On You f. B o.B and Billionaire (one of his first hooks) to Justin Bieber because his label felt like he was the "wrong person to sell them". 

Video looks like something King Bieber would do in 2010 lmao

2 hours ago, rac7d said:

which brings us back to the #KINGOFRNB discussion becasue right now the throne is bare

It's not though. Chris is hands down the R&B king of this gen. Hence why literally everyone in R&B/rap the urban industry has mentioned him since Jacquees started it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Why not? 

Is it because he gets amazing pop airplay?

So was Chris until Rihanna-gate / "I Can Transform You". What about Loyal, Look At Me Now, Love More f. Nicki Minaj, Yeah 3X, Beautiful People, etc...? All received major traction on Pop/Rhythmic.

The fact you've also omitted The Weeknd when "Earned It"/"Love Me Harder" was his FIRST foray at pop radio (four projects in) shows how delusional you are. His albums receive heavy urban airplay.

I remember when Atlantic was about to send Bruno's DEBUT SINGLE Nothin On You f. B o.B and Billionaire (one of his first hooks) to Justin Bieber because his label felt like he was the "wrong person to sell them". 

Girl...they are not staples in the black community period lmao. Therefore they simply do not apply. Both Bruno and The Weeknd are considered, by black people/the urban audience as pop artists. They aren't seen as R&B boys to anyone except the white/mainstream audience. Yes black people do LIKE Bruno...in the same way they like Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber. But they are not considered R&B guys in the same realm as Usher, CB, Trey Songz etc. to black people lol. It has nothing really to do with sound or charts than it has to do with core fanbase/demographic. I'm not saying black people don't **** with them. But they aren't considered Urban artists really...to the Urban community. They're pop sis lol

2 minutes ago, FAME. said:

It's not though. Chris is hands down the R&B king of this gen. Hence why literally everyone in R&B/rap the urban industry has mentioned him since Jacquees started it.

I have to disagree the music he has been making is not consitently rnb.  Which is fine honeslty the industry doesnt seem to be sure Is it Usher but then is Usher still of this generation, he wont release a big album right now becasue it might flop, but if sounds to pop the community will drag him. Chris and Usher are crossover artist now.

3 minutes ago, FAME. said:

Girl...they are not staples in the black community period lmao. Therefore they simply do not apply. Both Bruno and The Weeknd are considered, by black people/the urban audience as pop artists. They aren't seen as R&B boys to anyone except the white/mainstream audience. Yes black people do LIKE Bruno...in the same way they like Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber. I'm not saying black people don't **** with them. But they aren't considered Urban artists really...to the Urban community. They're pop sis lol

I feel like we shoundt even use the word Urban somtimes lol

its like the made up category white people use for black music somtimes

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, rac7d said:

I have to disagree the music he has been making is not consitently rnb.  Which is fine honeslty the industry doesnt seem to be sure Is it Usher but then is Usher still of this generation, he wont release a big album right now becasue it might flop, but if sounds to pop the community will drag him. Chris and Usher are crossover artist now.

Honey I don't care about your personal feelings lol. Whether you agree or not..There is a reason why literally every Urban/R&B/rap artist who has chimed in named him such, every past R&B icon agreed, every single comment on Jacquees post or any other post about it mentioned or tagged him as such and he was a trending topic for days once this mess started. :rip:

It's really not debateable.

There hasn't been ONE industry person who weighed in on it and didn't agree or mention him as such. 

9 minutes ago, FAME. said:

Honey I don't care about your personal feelings lol. Whether you agree or not..There is a reason why literally every Urban/R&B/rap artist who has chimed in named him such, every past R&B icon agreed, every single comment on Jacquees post or any other post about it mentioned or tagged him as such and he was a trending topic for days once this mess started. :rip:

It's really not debateable.

There hasn't been ONE industry person who weighed in on it and didn't agree or mention him as such. 

But this just aint true

they did not agree they all dropped a couple names chris was never unanimous 

I can only agree is that no one really replaced him but would you say he is the king of rnb today when his music has had s much pop infused

6 minutes ago, rac7d said:

But this just aint true

they did not agree they all dropped a couple names chris was never unanimous 

I can only agree is that no one really replaced him but would you say he is the king of rnb today when his music has had s much pop infused

https://youtu.be/KmEX1Z71GJ8

https://twitter.com/oldmanebro/status/1072177529077882883?s=19

https://youtu.be/G-YRBifGwEE

Hun. Literally EVERYONE has said CB..but ok :skull:

1 hour ago, FAME. said:

Girl...they are not staples in the black community period lmao. Therefore they simply do not apply. Both Bruno and The Weeknd are considered, by black people/the urban audience as pop artists. They aren't seen as R&B boys to anyone except the white/mainstream audience. Yes black people do LIKE Bruno...in the same way they like Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber. But they are not considered R&B guys in the same realm as Usher, CB, Trey Songz etc. to black people lol. It has nothing really to do with sound or charts than it has to do with core fanbase/demographic. I'm not saying black people don't **** with them. But they aren't considered Urban artists really...to the Urban community. They're pop sis lol

Please show me the Carfax... because you're saying one thing, and urban radio/media are saying something else. It's starting to sound like an opinion instead of a fact. 

His collaborations, producers, his visuals, who he gets to direct his visuals, his label affiliation/connections/come-up with Drake (OVO/XO), as well as which format has shot his ALBUM CUTS up the charts all skews heavily Urban. 

I feel like The Weeknd, Frank Ocean, Daniel Caesar, and Miguel are making a play for the artistic/creative side of Urban music (Maxwell, D'Angelo, etc) but it doesn't make them any less Urban. It just means they take more pride in the process and execution of their ideas. For one of the creatives to become so big that he's competing for radio space with the "crossover Urban crowd" is great. 

49 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Please show me the Carfax... because you're saying one thing, and urban radio/media are saying something else. It's starting to sound like an opinion instead of a fact. 

His collaborations, producers, his visuals, who he gets to direct his visuals, his label affiliation/connections/come-up with Drake (OVO/XO), as well as which format has shot his ALBUM CUTS up the charts all skews heavily Urban. 

I feel like The Weeknd, Frank Ocean, Daniel Caesar, and Miguel are making a play for the artistic/creative side of Urban music (Maxwell, D'Angelo, etc) but it doesn't make them any less Urban. It just means they take more pride in the process and execution of their ideas. For one of the creatives to become so big that he's competing for radio space with the "crossover Urban crowd" is great. 

But it isn't the crossover Urban crowd if he was never really considered Urban by that crowd to begin with :skull:

He is considered Urban by mainstream crowd standards but the Weeknd and Bruno are not staples in the Urban community. They do not perform at Urban festivals. Has any of them ever performed at a Summer Jam or a Powerhouse? They are not most voted at Urban award shows. They do not promote on Urban platforms. They are not heavily covered by urban media, blogs etc. Urban radio stations, etc. They are not part of the culture. They are mainstream/consisered pop boys sister. 

Chris Brown stans are just..... :toofunny3: 

No active listener of R&B would brand Chris as the King of the genre in any circumstance especially when he's creating the same songs and concepts over and over. He also hates black women. Those videos posted above shows a bias as they're all comments made by his friends in the industry.

And it's true, Chris is a crossover artist just like The Weeknd. Both Pop/R&B boys so I'm not sure if he would have qualified for the King status regardless.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0