Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

Sex Education: Season 1 | STREAMING NOW ON NETFLIX!

93 posts in this topic

Hector

Just finished binge-watching it. I LOVED it. This show is the perfect mix of laugh out loud comedy and drama. Asa Butterfield was really good and Gillian Anderson was amazing as always. Eric's character is everything, loved him being his true self and had the best story lines after Otis. :alexz: 

Spoiler

OMG, Adam and Eric hooking up at the very end was EVERYTHING, especially since there was no indication that Adam was attracted to men beforehand really. How cruel it was for his parents to send him off to military school afterwards though, how tragic. :skull: 

Ugh, and I wanted Otis and Maeve to officially become a couple by the very end too, why did that plumber's daughter need to reappear by the very end? :rip: The plumber is totally daddy too :jonny5: 

Daddy
Spoiler

I saw the Adam twist coming from a mile away. C'mon, the macho bully, not getting hard all of a sudden... 

Overall an amazing yhow and I can't wait fir more. Cast, look, story, humor, soundtrack... All flawless. And people learn without It feeling like Netflix SJW propaganda. Nothing wrong with that but It was so obvious in 13RW for example. Much much better writing. It was ok in Dear White People cause that's what It was about. Don't sleep on that show folks! 

MonsterVSAnimal

AMAZING show!!! I’m sure everyone’s noticed the Adam **** coming a mile away... :toofunny2: but funny & relatable show nonetheless. Cannot wait for season 2!!!

Shelter
On 1/16/2019 at 9:21 PM, MonsterVSAnimal said:

AMAZING show!!! I’m sure everyone’s noticed the Adam **** coming a mile away... :toofunny2: but funny & relatable show nonetheless. Cannot wait for season 2!!!

I seen it coming from like the 2nd ep. 

I enjoyed the show.

bearman10

omg I loved this show. it had me laughing, the fact that y'all notice the Margot Robbie comparisons too >>>

I need season 2.

Otis's dad is f*cking SEXY 

LookinIn
15 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

They really need to stop portraying bullies as closet gays. This is such a wrong precedent...

why 

LookinIn
4 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

What? A lot of gays are bullies? Who told you that 

experience LOL. 

Have you not met the shallow gays? Or closeted jock bully's? they are everywhere. I ****ed one once

In 10th grade this jock that would always be mean to me started snapping me and eventually started asking for pics and **** and I was so lonely I would get in his car every time he came around to give him head or whatever he wanted. Anytime I saw him outside of that car he would call me mean names and degrade me in front of his friends even when I hadn't said or acknowledged him. He went out of his way to get under my skin in public acting like I was the worst thing on the planet. Anytime I was in the car with him he would say its just two dudes helping each other out.

Monster Megamind
3 minutes ago, LookinIn said:

experience LOL. 

Have you not met the shallow gays? Or closeted jock bully's? they are everywhere. I ****ed one once

In 10th grade this jock that would always be mean to me started snapping me and eventually started asking for pics and **** and I was so lonely I would get in his car every time he came around to give him head or whatever he wanted. Anytime I saw him outside of that car he would call me mean names and degrade me in front of his friends even when I hadn't said or acknowledged him. He went out of his way to get under my skin in public acting like I was the worst thing on the planet. Anytime I was in the car with him he would say its just two dudes helping each other out.

That's just 1 example. I on the other hand know so many homophobic straights who are just vile

LookinIn
1 minute ago, Monster Megamind said:

That's just 1 example. I on the other hand know so many homophobic straights who are just vile

of course there are many vile homophobic straights, but that doesn't mean some of those people in the groups aren't closeted themselves and reflecting their internal homophobia on others. Its good to show that kind of diversity on television with characters and its literally the only way to make a bully relatable on TV. It happens IRL so why shouldn't it be on TV?

Also I don't see it as an overused trope, the only other example I can think of for such a character is Karofsky from glee.

Yves
On 1/13/2019 at 8:48 AM, TylerN said:

The last scene of the finale :ahh:

:ahh:

The spam in the first page.... :doc:

On-topic: Fantastic first season, I hope this gets renewed. Also, amazing soundtrack! :clap3: