Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

Lana Del Rey - ‘hope is a dangerous thing’

355 posts in this topic

GrimGod

Lol this topic is dead after the first day of release of this gringy abortion. That's all you need to know.

This is the first time I say this about a Lana song but this one desperately needs a remix. No need for fast beats, even a capella would have been better than that mundane **** Jack made. Lana wasted her vocals on Sylvia. So much potential.

I don't get the hype from all the female pop tarts working with him. A scam artist. Fire him.

paradisedarkness

Rick please come back to her.

ontherocks
1 minute ago, paradisedarkness said:

Rick please come back to her.

in a wheelchair? he is pushing 100

Eeveelution
25 minutes ago, GrimGod said:

Lol this topic is dead after the first day of release of this gringy abortion. That's all you need to know.

This is the first time I say this about a Lana song but this one desperately needs a remix. No need for fast beats, even a capella would have been better than that mundane **** Jack made. Lana wasted her vocals on Sylvia. So much potential.

I don't get the hype from all the female pop tarts working with him. A scam artist. Fire him.

The dramatics over a cute little piano ballad :deadbanana:

ontherocks
7 minutes ago, Eeveelution said:

he always complains every time and new album is about to come out, vanishes and comes back when she has a new one to hate everything again :skull:

HausOfGerard
37 minutes ago, GrimGod said:

:bibliahh:time to find a different artist, if Lana is all you listen to

GrimGod
Just now, Eeveelution said:

Keep your cute little piano ballad demo as a bonus last track for the album or, even better, a free Twitter track like "Hey guys! Here's the first version we made of this track, the actual real track will be on the album". Don't release it as a failing single that's going to get totally ignored and turn people off from your music. Change is a party track compared to this.

I was bored of Rick and his underproduced samey cheap beats but this barebones piano sample she found on the app store is even worst.

I can hear the potential in the vocals/lyrics, like her voice is the best ever. It's so frustrating.

Katamari
44 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

in a wheelchair? he is pushing 100

hes 55 :toofunny2:

HausOfGerard
Just now, Katamari said:

:rip: 

ontherocks
3 minutes ago, Katamari said:

he is actually 58, but whatevs. 

i honestly do not want him to produce another lana album. he and his gay intern had like a 5 dollar budget production for the lfl tracks. with hm the production felt bigger, but his job as a producer is also to tell her: ok girl. this record is too slow. you wanna make a slow record? great, but bring something into this that makes the slow pace more interesting. and his production for a track like cola and basically paradise reminded of what he was doing for dido back in the day. and what uv would have sounded like if he produced it, is best demonstrated by the german radio edit of west coast, which is the original demo produced by grandpa nowels for this track and just to remind you: lana disliked the demo so much, she didn't even had any faith in west coast and was not planning to put it on uv in the beginning.

ultraviolence.xx
1 minute ago, ontherocks said:

he is actually 58, but whatevs. 

i honestly do not want him to produce another lana album. he and his gay intern had like a 5 dollar budget production for the lfl tracks. with hm the production felt bigger, but his job as a producer is also to tell her: ok girl. this record is too slow. you wanna make a slow record? great, but bring something into this that makes the slow pace more interesting. and his production for a track like cola and basically paradise reminded of what he was doing for dido back in the day. and what uv would have sounded like if he produced it, is best demonstrated by the german radio edit of west coast, which is the original demo produced by grandpa nowels for this track and just to remind you: lana disliked the demo so much, she didn't even had any faith in west coast and was not planning to put it on uv in the beginning.

tenor.gif 

GrimGod
19 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

he always complains every time and new album is about to come out, vanishes and comes back when she has a new one to hate everything again :skull:

Well yeah I don't really listen to other artists ATRL cares about. I only follow Lana's career but starting with Honeymoon it's been hard sometimes with all the cheerleaders here.

She's a musical genius but her decisions are baffling, it's like she has no clue what she's doing. I blame her team 😛

MadMagical
50 minutes ago, GrimGod said:

Well yeah I don't really listen to other artists ATRL cares about. I only follow Lana's career but starting with Honeymoon it's been hard sometimes with all the cheerleaders here.

She's a musical genius but her decisions are baffling, it's like she has no clue what she's doing. I blame her team 😛

You’re not gonna get another BTD/Ultra. Get over it. 

OT: one of my fave ballads by her :heart2:

GrimGod
26 minutes ago, MadMagical said:

You’re not gonna get another BTD/Ultra. Get over it. 

OT: one of my fave ballads by her :heart2:

I know and it hurts so bad ☹ It's not just about the songs being slow...even AKA, a scrapped album that she made for 5$, sounds more alive and rich than half the filler tracks on LFL and NFR. Like how is that even possible? People on youtube have more budget than her.

MadMagical
9 minutes ago, GrimGod said:

I know and it hurts so bad ☹ It's not just about the songs being slow...even AKA, a scrapped album that she made for 5$, sounds more alive and rich than half the filler tracks on LFL and NFR. Like how is that even possible? People on youtube have more budget than her.

Maybe it’s time for you to stan someone else! She’s in an introspective, chill, self-realization period of her life and career now and the The NFR tracks are a reflection of that. Sorry you’re not gonna get coke and depression fueled Shades of Cool type tracks now because that’s not where’s she’s at anymore!

This is why y’all also dragged Florence for High as Hope because she’s not serving you the theatrics you wanted. Our girls are past 30 now, get over it. 

GrimGod
1 hour ago, MadMagical said:

Maybe it’s time for you to stan someone else! Our girls are past 30 now, get over it. 

Me and everyone else it seems. If it wasn't for my little meltdown this thread would be dead since Thursday...the song came out Wednesday. A couple of hours later and people were done with her coma lullaby. No usual video begging, chart talk, nothing bye HIADT you never happened.

"30" lol she's no grandma

ontherocks
1 minute ago, GrimGod said:

Me and everyone else it seems. If it wasn't for my little meltdown this thread would be dead since Thursday...the song came out Wednesday. A couple of hours later and people were done with her coma lullaby. No usual video begging, chart talk, nothing bye HIADT you never happened.

"30" lol she's no grandma

You want a medal or something? 

I am not sure if you have not noticed it, but atrl is quite dead and aside from the new girls, hardly any fanbase talks about charts anymore. It's over. The golden days of popgirls are OVER. Back in the day there were updates coming up once an hour, now nobody posts about iTunes anymore. It doesn't matter and when you release a song on a Wednesday you won't chart anyway on Friday. 

And she is not 30. She is turning 34 in June. For most women in the music industry who have no radio support, their mainstream careers are over at around the age of 35 and even for some who have radio support.

It seems like you are a bit stuck in the early 2010's. 

Appreaciate what you are getting or just don't bother anymore. It is as simple as that.

DevinWylde

has it ever occurred to some of y'all that maybe she's making the music she's making right now because that's what she wants to make? you might not like it, you may want BtD 2.0, but the fact that she's not making that means to me that's not what she wants. this is some of the closest music she's gotten to Ultraviolence (the album the stans who pour in to complain say she needs to make music like again), but what would the use in essentially just remaking the album she made all those years ago be?

HausOfGerard
1 hour ago, DevinWylde said:

has it ever occurred to some of y'all that maybe she's making the music she's making right now because that's what she wants to make? you might not like it, you may want BtD 2.0, but the fact that she's not making that means to me that's not what she wants. this is some of the closest music she's gotten to Ultraviolence (the album the stans who pour in to complain say she needs to make music like again), but what would the use in essentially just remaking the album she made all those years ago be?

:clap3: 

ultraviolence.xx
2 hours ago, DevinWylde said:

but.... b-but..... but BOPS!!!!

scenekiller

Idk what that user is going on about. Yeah, this song is just her and piano, but the lyrics sound so personal to her that it completely fits that way. It didn’t need to be grand or theatrical - it’s quiet, understated, sad, yet hopeful. 

It’s not like everything she’s done for the last few years sounds like this :skull:

Redstreak

This seals the deal for me. This is her best album and we've only heard three songs from it :jonny: 

Redstreak
On 1/9/2019 at 1:01 PM, XtinaPanicGodney said:

this is her best song since terrence loves you 

Oh wow now this is some taste!

TheSugarVenom
9 hours ago, GrimGod said:

Keep your cute little piano ballad demo as a bonus last track for the album or, even better, a free Twitter track like "Hey guys! Here's the first version we made of this track, the actual real track will be on the album". Don't release it as a failing single that's going to get totally ignored and turn people off from your music. Change is a party track compared to this.

I was bored of Rick and his underproduced samey cheap beats but this barebones piano sample she found on the app store is even worst.

I can hear the potential in the vocals/lyrics, like her voice is the best ever. It's so frustrating.

Jesus Christ. Take a lap. You’re fuming. You don’t need to like the song but I am almost positive you could direct this exuberant amount of passion towards millions of more important things in life. If you hate it so much, leave the thread and ignore it. Some of you act like it’s your day job to hate on a song as if anyone having to do with the song hears you, let one gives a **** about your opinion.