Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

Lauren Jauregui - "More Than That"

312 posts in this topic

getback

both Lauren and Mani didn't ****ing let me BREATHE :jonny5:

this is so good :weeps: 

selfmadelatino

It’s good however it’s too short, I feel it needs another verse or a bridge before it ends. 

Beyonnaise
1 minute ago, FAN said:

Yeah Expectations is miles better, but this is more commercial. Just needs promo. It reminds me a lot of the song she did called Back To Me. 

Back To Me was kinda a Garageband'd mess though. The production here sounds right in line with songs on popular R&B playlists like "Are & Be".

getback

I need them to give this PROMO :rip:

Expectations didn't even get to be on radio :rip: 

jamesfog

Disappointed. This won't do anything. :michael:

Scandalous
1 hour ago, Beyonnaise said:

This is a hit. They need to push it. Although I'd love more songs in the vein of Expectations, this is the type of song that could explode with playlist exposure.

yeah this could easily be a streaming hit with a little push

L A N D

Why isn’t this available on Mexican Spotify? Lowkey (Ally Brooke’s new single, soon to be released) pressed tbh.

Kedzie53

Not what I expected based off the single cover but it’s good :jamming: 

I’m so in love with her vocals

Marvin

This is cute but nothing special. It’s nice to listen to but too forgettable to do anything on radio imo

Isn’t she signed to Columbia? I can’t believe they won’t give her a full out promo push with a worthy song

Witch Privilege

This isn't anywhere near Expectations, but I think it's more radio-friendly. That's code for the GP has terrible taste, and this probably fits that taste better.

Her voice sounds amazing, per usual.

shelven

Already #83 on US iTunes. And iTunes took forever to update so it's probably higher than that in actuality :duca:

Mother Earth

This song needed something else. It's kinda a dud. Interesting that she got Murda production though.

FAN
1 minute ago, shelven said:

Already #83 on US iTunes. And iTunes took forever to update so it's probably higher than that in actuality :duca:

Oh wow! Hopefully goes Top 2!

J-esper

I enjoy it, but if's more of a grower than Expectations was for me

shelven
2 minutes ago, FAN said:

Oh wow! Hopefully goes Top 2!

I'm not sure I'm that optimistic yet :laugh: But I'm surprised that it's starting off quite a bit higher than Dancing With A Stranger. DWAS will likely overtake it since it'll probably get some first day airplay and this won't get anything, but it's a good reminder that Lauren's core fanbase is a lot bigger than many people on here believe.

golden-girl

This sounds like a demo. The beginning with Murda Beatz tag had me thinking this was from Migos :ahh:

Doubt this will chart 

ultraviolence.xx

god this is infectious!! 

GabrielLavigne

This is so much better than Expectations...

Truth Teller

Why does the beat just fade in the second half of each chorus? Like, just when I start bopping, I have to stop.

I like it, I love her voice and the production has its moments, but it needed to be a little pumped up, I think. A rap verse, the beat switching up. Still a lot better than what the other new-ish girls are serving though. I like Lauren

xH4RMONYx
7 minutes ago, shelven said:

I'm not sure I'm that optimistic yet :laugh: But I'm surprised that it's starting off quite a bit higher than Dancing With A Stranger. DWAS will likely overtake it since it'll probably get some first day airplay and this won't get anything, but it's a good reminder that Lauren's core fanbase is a lot bigger than many people on here believe.

Lesbians are powerful her fanbase is tragic tho but she will never be bigger than Normani no matter how many angsty teenage buy her music the first day she’s a frontloaded mess tbh

shelven
20 minutes ago, xH4RMONYx said:

Lesbians are powerful her fanbase is tragic tho but she will never be bigger than Normani no matter how many angsty teenage buy her music the first day she’s a frontloaded mess tbh

This was super unnecessary. I wasn't trying to pit the two against each other (everyone on here knows I support both of them equally), I was just making a comment about how ATRL underestimates her fanbase. No need to get so bitter :rip:

#67 on iTunes now!

FAN
Just now, shelven said:

This was super unnecessary. I wasn't trying to pit the two against each other (everyone on here knows I support both of them equally), I was just making a comment about how ATRL underestimates her fanbase. No need to get so bitter :rip:

#67 on iTunes now!

Ignore her! We all know how fair you are to the girls. 

Living for this :flame: just saw her insta story with a screenshot of new music Friday playlist with her ex band member and boyfriend above her. Kind is sad :rip: she’s so talented, I hope Columbia doesn’t **** it up 

shelven
3 minutes ago, FAN said:

I hope Columbia doesn’t **** it up 

The way they handled Expectations really lowered my faith in them :noparty:Like even if they never planned on making Expectations an official single in the first place, that would still be a dumb decision because it's such a strong song and it's stupid to waste it :rip:

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though - maybe when they actually decide to push a song, they'll be good at pushing it :toofunny2: