Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

Lauren Jauregui - "More Than That"

334 posts in this topic

Kingpin

I like it but the sharp inhaling really sticks out to me for some reason

kayliah

This sucks !!!! I prefered Expectations a lot more and her song Freedom . I know her label wants her to appeal to youngsters and teenagers with hip hop and trap beats being the 'it' thing at the moment but this reeks of desperation !!!

Rama

At first listen this ain't it

Maybe it's a grower

Javan

I love Lauren and I think her voice is magnificent, it’s versatile for all genres. This song is pretty good, I liked but the Danity Kane esque harmonies, and I think the music video has potential to be fire. 

But like, I’m tired of these white girls and their black girl imitations. At least Camila carved out her own lane with latin twinged music. 

I feel as though Ariana is already occupying a lane Lauren is trying to navigate. Maybe her label are scared to take a risk with her but I think she would do better returning to her Alicia keys roots and marketing herself as a newer sexier Adele. 

I don’t find this song very authentic, I think it would be more risky continuing in this direction because she’s not that girl. 

ShouldersSideways

I really like it, but it does end abruptly. The last 30 seconds are basically an outro and it's only 2:39 :deadbanana: 

LiveYourLife

Very chill track! 

shelven

I already like this more than I did when I listened to it a few hours ago :duca:

#8 on New Music Friday on Spotify!

EnoughSaid

It’s like she can’t ride the track properly in certain parts but I love her flow either way and this is a slow creeping banger. Not an obvious single 

It kinda knocks but does no one else think that there are SO many words?? Sis is gonna be out of breath after 20 seconds

Caesar

This is better than Expectations. 

Expectations was good for the first two listens, this actually has reply value.

shelven

Wow ok this is extremely addictive. Every time I finish listening, I instantly want to listen again :deadbanana:

Still unsure about its viability as a single (if that's the plan) but it's a strong track.

Raphy23

So Normani releases a chill dance song, and Lauren releases a hip-hop/R&B song.

2NE1Kmagic

okay wow Miss Lauren. I never thought she'd be singing on beats like this. Come thru :katie2:

DemiLovato

I just feel like her vocals are produced too loudly so her breath is very distracting + too many lyrics so her verses overlap and sound choppy.. this song isn't smooth and doesn't flow at all. It's chaotic. The melody and beat goes awf but the vocals are an issue. Not her voice, but the vocal production.

Lucky#17

Loving this much more than the live version led me to think, and the change of hair color for the artwork was really surprised me. Can't wait for the visual. (assuming there is one)

alfonso12

This is cute but I don't think it's single material.

FAN

Her voice is so good :flame:

This will need heavy promo and a great video to be a hit, but it’s a really great song. 

Beyonnaise

This is a hit. They need to push it. Although I'd love more songs in the vein of Expectations, this is the type of song that could explode with playlist exposure.

7/27
14 minutes ago, DemiLovato said:

I just feel like her vocals are produced too loudly so her breath is very distracting + too many lyrics so her verses overlap and sound choppy.. this song isn't smooth and doesn't flow at all. It's chaotic. The melody and beat goes awf but the vocals are an issue. Not her voice, but the vocal production.

My thoughts exactly

FAN
3 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

This is a hit. They need to push it. Although I'd love more songs in the vein of Expectations, this is the type of song that could explode with playlist exposure.

Yeah Expectations is miles better, but this is more commercial. Just needs promo. It reminds me a lot of the song she did called Back To Me.