Jump to content
Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

Lauren Jauregui - "More Than That"

315 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hidden

Even though I really like this song, I just don’t see any hype for her right now. She needs a better marketing team or this won’t do anything. Hope it hits #50 at least :alexz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
goldstargay

She's giving a 2018 Stripped-Lite vibe with these songs and i love it.  Its ashame the GP isn't gonna care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dillan

The "let's drop random song and hope one sticks" isn't going to work for her.


She and her team need to choose one song and fully promote it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starkboy
31 minutes ago, goldstargay said:

She's giving a 2018 Stripped-Lite vibe with these songs and i love it.  Its ashame the GP isn't gonna care.

honestly we can't even blame the gp here, they just have no reason to know this/her songs. Expectations wasn't performed once on TV and it wasn't even sent to radio. tragic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
goldstargay
4 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

honestly we can't even blame the gp here, they just have no reason to know this/her songs. Expectations wasn't performed once on TV and it wasn't even sent to radio. tragic 

I don't even think if she had pushed it would have landed.  She has an amazing voice but the pop world wants voices like Camila, Halsey, etc. over tin can beats. not rich, deeper voices like hers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shelven
3 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

honestly we can't even blame the gp here, they just have no reason to know this/her songs. Expectations wasn't performed once on TV and it wasn't even sent to radio. tragic 

It was put in basically zero major Spotify playlists too. Columbia truly just dropped the song and video, then instantly pretended like it didn't exist :rip:

 

Such a shame because I really think it could have been an out-of-left-field hit. Every single person I've played it for has loved it, which is rare for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethereal
1 minute ago, shelven said:

It was put in basically zero major Spotify playlists too. Columbia truly just dropped the song and video, then instantly pretended like it didn't exist :rip:

 

Such a shame because I really think it could have been an out-of-left-field hit. Every single person I've played it for has loved it, which is rare for me.

It got a nice reception from the people I've played it to as well. From the tracks she's performed, I would say it was the strongest. 

But I honestly think Lauren doesn't want to be the popgirl a lot of stan culture wants her to be :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FAN

I wish Expectations had took off but her team and her literally did nothing so I’m not sure what approach they are going for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
popularmoonlight
2 hours ago, Ethereal said:

It got a nice reception from the people I've played it to as well. From the tracks she's performed, I would say it was the strongest. 

But I honestly think Lauren doesn't want to be the popgirl a lot of stan culture wants her to be :rip:

I doubt it she wants to. I'm perched for the song tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jdanton2

wonder if we are still getting this Friday . the pre order link is not there anymore and Lauren has said nothing about the release . maybe being delayed since Normani is releasing that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jared

Honestly, I don't even think Expectations was meant to be a lead of any sort. The fact that Columbia did not do anything for the song was telling. Maybe they let Lauren release it to make her happy, or maybe she wanted the song released as an introduction to her sound.

 

We'll hopefully get some more information on what Lauren's strategy is once this is released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magazine
2 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

wonder if we are still getting this Friday . the pre order link is not there anymore and Lauren has said nothing about the release . maybe being delayed since Normani is releasing that day.

welp :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FAN

Just realized it’s being released the same day as Normani’s new one. Hopefully it helps each other. 

 

Lauren is a STAR idk why Columbia is sleeping Expectations was invredible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2NE1Kmagic

This is cute. Laurmani on the same day :heart2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FAN

She just hash tagged #MoreThanThat randomly in her latest insta post so I think it’s still coming 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ISlayForX

Expectations remains unbothered as her best song to date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaggedGalaxy

It sounds like a Beyoncé song 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeBeMint

She needs to not sing in that same register. It makes all her songs sound the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shelven
1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

she just randomly tweeted after 2 weeks of being inactive. about to drop this song out of nowhere and probably with no plans behind it lmao

Did we really expect anything different after Columbia did exactly NOTHING with Expectations despite fans hyping it up for 4 months? :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starkboy
4 minutes ago, shelven said:

Did we really expect anything different after Columbia did exactly NOTHING with Expectations despite fans hyping it up for 4 months? :rip:

No not really

It's sad cause this is not very promising for the future. Like there's no way she's gonna happen without a big push behind her with A producers, promo spots etc. like artists need. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scandalous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites