TUN sells 5 million in less than 2 months

Scandal

6 minutes ago, Jude said:
sell
verb
  1. 1.
    give or hand over (something) in exchange for money.
    "they had sold the car"
    synonyms: put up for sale, offer for sale, put on sale, dispose of, vend, auction (off); More

2. 2.
    persuade someone of the merits of.
    "he sold the idea of making a film about Tchaikovsky"
    synonyms: promote; More

and 75% of music revenue last year is from streaming. Streaming is the main source of income for labels and artists these days, just like digital sales few years ago. I don't see the problem of that word being used there. They let you stream their music, you give them small coins as an exchange. It's not rocket science. 

But yeah, the OP should have at least indicated that it's "5M units". However, he didn't say "5M sales" so he's not also wrong. 

JIJerT6.png

Trust me that information is not new to me, what is new to me is the worlds "sales" and "sells" being used without any mention of SPS or units or conversions. It's not rocket science.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• JBJT2786

• Scandal

• Jude

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WayTooHonest13 said:

It moved 5M single equivalents (which is impressive), but it did not sell 5M copies. Why use the word "sell"? I don't think anyone is saying streams shouldn't be counted and that pure sales is all that matters, we're just saying you have to use the right terms :rip:

3 minutes ago, TtaraHae said:

JIJerT6.png

Trust me none of this information is new to me, what is new to me is streams being referred interchangeably as sales, and the term "sells" referring to SPS without any mention of conversion/units. Obviously its going to be the new norm in the near future (if not already). I was simply stating how that distinction being no longer necessary is a bit of an eye opener to me and others in this thread (as opposed to you misinterpreting this and thinking people actually thought sales>streams). It's not rocket science.

Well, putting the word "sales" there is wrong I agree. They could have put units instead. My bad I didn't look at the picture. 

Edited by Jude

how did they get the SK sales numbers :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.