Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Sam Smith & Normani - “Dancing With a Stranger”

2,579 posts in this topic

When will we see Normani slaying the video with Sam miming soulfully? When? 

They teased as if the video would come today.  

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

I ordered one. With shipping it came out to $25 CAD

whoa that's not bad. 

The verses of this sound similiar to Lost in Japan’s chorus.

16 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

They teased as if the video would come today.  

I’m really surprised it’s not out today. I think had the video come out today this would have been an easy top 10 debut on the hot 100. I think it’s first day Spotify numbers are going to be huge. 

1 hour ago, FAN said:

If its HAC adds is this coming week, have they listed it for Pop and Rhythmic as well?

It's not on AllAccess for Pop and Rhythmic, but Capitol released an ad saying it was impacting radio immediately, so I'm sure it'll be going for Pop adds on Tuesday. It's less clear if they plan on pushing it on Rhythmic right away/at all since it's not really a Rhythmic sounding song. It'll probably be one of those songs that manages to rack up a bit of Rhythmic airplay later in its run as a result of being a big radio hit on other formats.

HOLY SH*T, its Spotify play count finally updated and it's already at 2.8 million plays :jonny: That might give it a Top 10 debut on the Global Spotify Chart :jonny5:

1 minute ago, shelven said:

It's not on AllAccess for Pop and Rhythmic, but Capitol released an ad saying it was impacting radio immediately, so I'm sure it'll be going for Pop adds on Tuesday. It's less clear if they plan on pushing it on Rhythmic right away/at all since it's not really a Rhythmic sounding song. It'll probably be one of those songs that manages to rack up a bit of Rhythmic airplay later in its run as a result of being a big radio hit on other formats.

Oh yeah then it doesn’t need an adds date if it says impacting immediately. It’ll probably be the #1 most added on Pop and HAC this coming week. I think people are really underestimating Sam he’s actually really well liked and Love Lies has done incredible on Pop radio this year so this is set up beautifully to be a massive radio hit! 

Just now, shelven said:

HOLY SH*T, its Spotify play count finally updated and it's already at 2.8 million plays :jonny: That might give it a Top 10 debut on the Global Spotify Chart :jonny5:

Is the counter usually higher than the actual result? Still amazing regardless. I really think it’s debuting at #1 in the US :duca: or at least Top 5

Just now, FAN said:

Is the counter usually higher than the actual result? Still amazing regardless. I really think it’s debuting at #1 in the US :duca: or at least Top 5

Yeah it's usually a bit higher, which is why I'm being cautious and only saying it might get a Top 10 debut (since its actual play count of 2.878M would easily be enough for a Top 10 if that same number appeared on the chart). But barring a much bigger discrepancy than normal, Top 10 is still probable and Top 15 at the very least is extremely likely. The #10 last Friday did 2.691M and the #15 only did 2.144M. 

It even outdid The Weeknd's first day numbers despite him being a really big Spotify artist :eek:

More good streaming news - it's now Top 100 on the all-genres Apple Music US chart (#93)! Apple Music US leans extremely urban, so it's doing very well for a pop song :duca: :duca:

I know someone was unimpressed with their YouTube numbers. A handful of artists released yesterday including some official music videos, and of those bigger U.K./US releases, their audio is the most viewed. (Past 24 hours based on Kworb count: ) 

Dwsa368V4AAIi-8.jpg

Is 2.8 million streams a top 10 on global Spotify I haven’t checked any stats since LL

It will probably debut somewhere 15-20 on Spotify WW, which is still great!

Played the song twice in the car tonight with my dad, queued it both times. He loved the song, saying he wasn't even mad that it came on twice. My dad secretly a Sam Smith and Normani stan??

3 minutes ago, matthado said:

Played the song twice in the car tonight with my dad, queued it both times. He loved the song, saying he wasn't even mad that it came on twice. My dad secretly a Sam Smith and Normani stan??

your dad's got taste. 

iTunes:

#1 Mexico

#2 United States

#2 Brazil

#2 Spain

#3 United Kingdom

#3 Canada

#5 Ireland

#5 Netherlands

#5 South Africa

#5 Thailand

#6 Belgium

#6 New Zealand

#6 Switzerland

#7 Australia

#7 Germany

#8 Denmark

#8 Singapore

#8 Turkey

#10 India

#10 Norway

#12 Italy

#13 Indonesia

#14 Russia

#15 France

#15 Taiwan

#18 Hong Kong

Risultati immagini per atrl hit gif

God we were so close to that #1 on US iTunes. I’m so happy this doing well! Hope it can hold up till the video comes out. 

I’m completely obsessed with this song. They did that. I keep on repeating

#57 on Apple Music USA! :clap3:#2 pop song only behind thank u, next 

Spotify UK

(NE) Dancing With A Stranger | 313.363 

Spotify USA

10 (NE) Dancing With A Stranger | 1.143.794

Spotify WW

(NE) Dancing With A Stranger | 3.001.247

YAS :jonny5: 

3 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Spotify UK

Spotify USA

:jonny: 

7 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Spotify UK

Spotify USA

Spotify WW

(NE) Dancing With A Stranger | 3.001.247

How are the first day numbers higher than today's mid-day update?

I won't complain tho :jonny5: