Top Posters In This Topic

• fossora

• theblackestday

• Pink Matter

• Sbbmsve

Perfume Genius, Father John Misty and Kendrick :heart2: :heart2: 

xcx.png

15. Kamasi Washington - The Choice

Despite releasing a two and a half hour album this year, Kamasi decided to grace us with another EP that was overall a really pleasant listen.

14. Sudan Archives - Sink

Heard this literally today and thought that I might as well give her a shoutout, from this EP it shows that Sudan has a real potential and is an artist to watch in the future.

13. HMLTD - Hate Music Last Time Delete

A really really fun listen, another artist that look really promising in the future.

12. Kero Kero Bonito - TOTEP

KKB decided to debut their new sound in this EP and it couldn't have been a better pre-taste of what was to come later...stay tuned for the albums list.

11. Perfume Genius - Reshaped

Perfume Genius released one of the best albums last years so of course a new and fresh take on this would make the list. I really enjoyed the re-imagined versions of the soulful songs, especially Jam City and King Princess remixes.

Reshaped was pretty good :clap3: agree with the standouts

HMLTD was very :doc: to me, i only listened because of the cover tbh but it hurt my ears

Girl I love those graphics :jonny:

Cute set, also heard that Sudan Archives EP relatively late (as in this week) but it was definitely enjoyable. I'm so glad I gave TOTEP another chance not that long ago, there's a hidden gem on there that turned out to be one of my favorite KKB songs :smitten:

15 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

HMLTD was very :doc: to me, i only listened because of the cover tbh but it hurt my ears

Seconded, it was an artsy fartsy mess with absolutely no substance whatsoever

Can't really speak on the EPs much but was Reshaped that good? I don't really care for remixes of songs but I wouldn't mind checking this out since No Shape was amazing.

Best EPs 15-11 posted :fan: 

22 hours ago, prézli said:

Why did people prefer Pop 2 over Number One Angel? :skull: 

Because it's better? N1A was honorable mention to me last yr and still is 

22 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

because it's better in pretty much every single way possible

--

I really need to get on this Kelela hype huh?

YES! U DO!

22 hours ago, Tsareena said:

:jonny5: tma topping, pop 2 and damn. ooh taste

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeew it finally arrived after a year :jonny2:

22 hours ago, Sbbmsve said:

Oh bitch this is a serve :jonny5: Kelela SNATCHING that number one spot, Fever Ray coming to top 5 all the way from honorable mentions, Pörk and Perfume Genius in top 5 and Okovi... Ugh, A LIST.

STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP! That's called growth!

22 hours ago, volition said:

Take Me Apart just destroying the competition for everyone’s lists

It's what she deserves!

22 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I told everyone last year that TMA was aoty so i'm glad many reevaluations of it have occurred. 

your mind...

22 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

Kelela can't lose

no SHE CANT :jonny5: 

22 hours ago, Clueless said:

Ariel Pink :jonny2:

shame that I discovered him this year and not ealier, but better late than never 

21 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

A top 2 :clap3: 

Utopia didn’t age well for me but it’s alright. 

hence why it dropped from #1 to #3 :fan: 

20 hours ago, madonnas said:

WOW, SO PROUD OF YOU!!!  Plunge is really that great.

THANK U

tumblr_inline_p34jg26nzT1qgcevw_540.gif

20 hours ago, TRF. said:

Kelela #1. and FJM out of the top 10... TASTE :jonny:

It's what they both deserve!

20 hours ago, Blue Jeans said:

perched 

I'll for sure listen to the best 10 songs I haven't heard

im confusion?

19 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

TMA taking the top spot and Tyler reaching a new peak in the top 10 :clap3: 

wheeeeeew black excellence only!

18 hours ago, theblackestday said:

Kelela getting what she deserves with these revised lists, WHEW

Plunge making a debut, the way you switched like a ******

Poor Flutopia

MFPIT, Pop 2, Flower Boy & Damn rising :deserves:

Saturation II & Rina flopping :deserves:

Okovi debuting :yas~1:

I came a long way sis!

200.gif

12 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Take Me Apart #1 now 479021524410433557.png?v=1 Utopia still top 3 :celestial: No Shape #2 again :clap3:

Susanne's JUMP :weeps: I should have listened to Okovi DqKStV0V4AAwfXp.jpg Rina falling hard :emofish: Charli and Fever Ray :clap3:

No Shape served LONGEVITY, yeah it's truly disgusting how Susanne didn't make it to top 5 to begin with

9 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Kelela #1 now? ATTENTION!! I love GOD!

WHEEEEEW ofc we lovee Kelallah

5 hours ago, Superpower said:

Perfume Genius, Father John Misty and Kendrick :heart2: :heart2: 

legends!

I haven’t heard any of these but I need to check out Reshaped and Sink :fan: 

• ATRL Moderator

The only one of these I'm completely unfamiliar with is HMLTD but the rest :clap3: we love taste 

Reshaped :clap3:It was an underrated remix project, Mura Masa did what he had to do on that Slip Away remix :jonny4: I see TOTEP as a cute intro to Time And Place, harmless and cute set of songs. And  Kamasi Washington... Everytime I listen to his projects, it feels like listening to one long song. I mean it is a good thing that they are cohesive but it doesn’t always make the best listening experience. So I didn’t really care about that EP... But a great list nonetheless :eatpopcorn:

Reshaped was very cute for a remix EP. Sudan was added to my list. TOTEP??? idk her, time n place outsold

• ATRL Moderator

sudan archives :clap3: 
didn't like totep found it annoying... though the album was slightly better

• ATRL Moderator

YAS HMLTD!!!!

The Justin Trantner song did get old a bit quick but still it's good and for being the weakest it means the EP is pretty strong.  Proxy Love is just :jonny5:

these graphics woo lawd :jonny5: I had no idea PG released this year :skull: but I found NS pretty meh so

xcxx.png

10. Earl Sweatshirt - Some Rap Songs

I know that this is an album, but I'm counting it as an EP. I am very excited for this artist because he is another one that we should look for in the future. This project offers really cool mix of avant-garde jazz and hip-hop songs, but is too short (hence why I count it as EP) which I rarely complain about...this just shows that I want to hear more.

9. The Weeknd - My Dear Melancoly,

Very smooth and atmospheric bunch of songs that cause for enjoyful listen that is not killed by over-fillers of tracks (like Starboy). Nothing much to say here, but my definite favorite from this project was Wasted Times.

8. Aphex Twin - Collapse

A beautiful comeback by Aphex Twin here. Although I was at first little disappointed, this is without a doubt one of the best EPs and IDM projects I have heard this year.

7. Zola Jesus - Okovi: Additions

I recently re-listened to Okovi and fell in love for the first time (hence making it into my 2017 updated list). Okovi: Additions, is exactly that...an extension of the already exceptional album. However, I do think that Bound could've easily made the final cut of the album.

6. Jenny Hval - The Long Sleep

Jenny Hval, the legend herself decides to release an EP this year after previously dropping the best album of 2016. However this time she decided to do play jazz and collaborate with jazz musicians and it couldn't be more perfect.

My Dear Melancholy, :smiley: Wasn't really impressed with the EP but it's good enough while we're waiting for whatever's next.

EPs 10-6 posted (I know I'm late :mandown: )

On 12/14/2018 at 7:29 PM, mokitsu said:

Reshaped was pretty good :clap3: agree with the standouts

nnn I checked it out bc of the cover too, but yeah it's nothing special but they look promising so idk

On 12/14/2018 at 7:51 PM, World Eater said:

Girl I love those graphics :jonny:

Cute set, also heard that Sudan Archives EP relatively late (as in this week) but it was definitely enjoyable. I'm so glad I gave TOTEP another chance not that long ago, there's a hidden gem on there that turned out to be one of my favorite KKB songs :smitten:

Seconded, it was an artsy fartsy mess with absolutely no substance whatsoever

THANK U SIS :jonny5:

I literally heard the Sudan EP when I made the graphics for this nnn

On 12/14/2018 at 8:15 PM, Pink Matter said:

Can't really speak on the EPs much but was Reshaped that good? I don't really care for remixes of songs but I wouldn't mind checking this out since No Shape was amazing.

The remixes r cute, plus the ep is not long so its not really a bother to check out

On 12/14/2018 at 10:10 PM, wabayou said:

loving the graphics but i'm too basic for your taste (so far) x

tysmmm siis :jonny2:

On 12/14/2018 at 10:13 PM, Navyofbadgals said:

I haven’t heard any of these but I need to check out Reshaped and Sink :fan: 

definitely do so!

On 12/14/2018 at 10:20 PM, Eeveelution said:

TOTEP whew a classic EP.

we sure do love a classic

On 12/14/2018 at 10:26 PM, Unoriginal said:

The only one of these I'm completely unfamiliar with is HMLTD but the rest :clap3: we love taste 

WE DO :fan: 

On 12/14/2018 at 10:41 PM, Sbbmsve said:

Reshaped :clap3:It was an underrated remix project, Mura Masa did what he had to do on that Slip Away remix :jonny4: I see TOTEP as a cute intro to Time And Place, harmless and cute set of songs. And  Kamasi Washington... Everytime I listen to his projects, it feels like listening to one long song. I mean it is a good thing that they are cohesive but it doesn’t always make the best listening experience. So I didn’t really care about that EP... But a great list nonetheless :eatpopcorn:

nnnn everything u said I agree with, eaux weaux

On 12/14/2018 at 11:51 PM, ChapelHooker said:

Reshaped was very cute for a remix EP. Sudan was added to my list. TOTEP??? idk her, time n place outsold

time n place DID outsold, but the ep was a cute intro to it :fan: 

On 12/15/2018 at 3:23 AM, volition said:

great set, check out sudan's previous ep too if you haven't

definitely willl do so

On 12/15/2018 at 3:25 AM, Tsareena said:

sudan archives :clap3: 
didn't like totep found it annoying... though the album was slightly better

slightly? GIRL

On 12/15/2018 at 3:43 AM, theblackestday said:

Whew my payolas pulling THRU :jonny:

they truly are, your power :jonny5: 

On 12/15/2018 at 4:25 PM, Dom said:

uhhh we love TOTEP, COME THROUGH, RAT SISTA.

KKB STOMPING

On 12/15/2018 at 6:09 PM, madonnas said:

YAS HMLTD!!!!

The Justin Trantner song did get old a bit quick but still it's good and for being the weakest it means the EP is pretty strong.  Proxy Love is just :jonny5:

TEAAA

On 12/15/2018 at 7:35 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

wait, I've missed the fact that PG released EP this year :rip: 

NNNN, everybody did tbh :skull: 

On 12/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, Body Electrician said:

these graphics woo lawd :jonny5: I had no idea PG released this year :skull: but I found NS pretty meh so

THANK UUU, yh everybody overlookeed that PG released nn

On 12/15/2018 at 11:59 PM, TRF. said:

KKB and Sudan Archives!!! :heart2:

talent only :heart2: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.