• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLIME

• madonnas

• Tom Vercetti

• Pink Matter

Xtina's Maria is cute. Delicious is one of the 3 tracks I don't like from Pop 2, whoops :oh:

Poor Annie getting these retrospective lashings. Surprised to see people having faults with Denzel Curry's TABOO. I hadn't heard much of his material since Nostalgic 64 but I thought TABOO (without comparing it to anything) was great on its own :michael: 

• ATRL Moderator

masseduction aged well PERIOD

Masseduction didn't age well because it was spoiled on arrival.

St. Vincent kinda sucks and only has 2 good albums.

50. Paramore - After Laughter

46. Alvvays - Antisocialites

44. Algiers - The Underside of Power

43. King Krule - The OOZ

41. Forest Swords - Compassion

40. Thundercat - Drunk

39. Fleet Foxes - Crack-Up

38. SZA - Ctrl

37. Ibeyi - Ash

35. Perfume Genius - No Shape

34. LCD Soundsystem - american dream

32. Calvin Harris - Funk Wav Bounces Vol.1

28. Moses Sumney - Aromanticism

25. Kelly Lee Owens - Kelly Lee Owens

23. Charlotte Gainsbourg - Rest

22. yaeji - yaeji / EP2

19. Blanck Mass - World Eater

18. 21 Savage, Offset & Metro Boomin - Without Warning

17. Jay-Z - 4:44

16. Slowdive - Slowdive

15. Tyler, the Creator - Flower Boy

14. Jay Som - Everybody Works

13. Denzel Curry - 13

12. Jlin - Black Origami

11. Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 3

10. Charli XCX - Pop 2

9. Fever Ray - Plunge

8. Sampha - Process

7. (Sandy) Alex G - Rocket

6. Kelela - Take Me Apart

5. Priests - Nothing Feels Natural

4. Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory

3. Lorde - Melodrama

2. Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

1. St. Vincent - MASSEDUCTION

this list WEW :jonny: having Masseduction #1 is... a choice :keir: but otherwise it's like, a serve.

100. Nick Hakim - Miss Chew

95. Cashmere Cat f/ SOPHIE & Mø - 9 (After Coachella)

91. Susanne Sundfør - Undercover

89. Rina Sawayama - Alterlife

84. J Balvin f/ Willy William - Mi Gente

79. The xx - Dangerous

78. SOPHIE - Ponyboy

76. Becky G f/ Bad Bunny - Mayores

75. Gorillaz f/ DRAM - Andromeda

74. BC Unidos f/ Carly Rae Jepsen - Trouble in the Streets

73. Perfume Genius - Otherside

72. Mura Masa f/ Charli XCX - 1 Night

71. Björk - Arisen My Senses

70. Ibeyi f/ Kamasi Washington - Deathless

69. Fleet Foxes - I Am All That I Need...

66. Zola Jesus - Siphon

64. Camila Cabello f/ Young Thug - Havana

62. Dua Lipa - New Rules

61. SZA - Drew Barrymore

55. ABRA - Bounty

53. Hundred Waters - Particle

52. LCD Soundsystem - How do you sleep?

51. DJ Khaled f/ Rihanna & BT - Wild Thoughts

50. Yasutaka Nakata f/ Charli XCX & Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Crazy Crazy (woah)

49. Jay Som - The Bus Song

48. Moses Sumney - Quarrel

47. Blanck Mass - Rhesus Negative

46. Migos f/ Nicki Minaj & Cardi B - MotorSport

45. Alvvays - Dreams Tonite

44. Drake - Passionfruit 

42. Charlotte Gainsbourg - Deadly Valentine

41. Jorja Smith & Preditah - On My Mind

40. Cardi B - Bodak Yellow

36. Danny L Harle - 1UL

34. Lana del Rey f/ A$AP Rocky & Playboi Carti - Summer Bummer

32. Kehlani - Undercover

30. Kelly Lee Owens - Cbm

29. Tyler, the Creator f/ Kali Uchis - See You Again

28. King Krule - Dum Surfer

27. Rapsody f/ Kendrick Lamar & Lance SkiiiWalker - Power

26. Slowdive - Go Get It

25. Lorde - The Louvre

24. Priests - Jj

23. Paul White f/ Danny Brown - Accelerator

22. Frank Ocean - Chanel

21. Kesha - Praying 

20. Selena Gomez - Bad Liar

17. yaeji - raingurl

16. Vince Staples - BagBak

15. N.E.R.D. f/ Rihanna - Lemon

13. St. Vincent - Sugarboy

12. Metro Boomin, Offset & 21 Savage - Rap Saved Me

11. Fever Ray - This Country 

10. Charli XCX - Track 10

9. Playboi Carti - Magnolia

8. Calvin Harris f/ Frank Ocean & Migos - Slide

7. (Sandy) Alex G - Bobby

4. Kelela - Frontline

3. Kendrick Lamar - DNA.

2. Sampha - Plastic 100°C

1. Lil Uzi Vert - XO TOUR Llif3

this song list is even better :jonny4: XO Tour Llif3 song of the decade, period!

1 hour ago, Pink Matter said:

Poor Annie getting these retrospective lashings. Surprised to see people having faults with Denzel Curry's TABOO. I hadn't heard much of his material since Nostalgic 64 but I thought TABOO (without comparing it to anything) was great on its own :michael: 

it’s defubitely good don’t get me wrong y’all will see :keir: but that EP was kind of the album of the life. Anyway will maybe try to get in a songs update once I’m in in a bit. I may need to add a few to get to a hundo

On 12/11/2018 at 12:04 AM, MP2K said:

A G.O.O.D. music list, literally

\example:

etc.

4. Cops Shot The Kids

3. Rose in Harlem

2. Kids See Ghosts

1. If You Know You Know

:eddie:

@MP2K you bout to get your wish :eddie:

Ok I'm not sure how many of you will care about this one, but I'm obviously a massive Kanye stan so this summer was an eventful one for me to say the least. There's not much to say, I got hugely excited from the moment Kanye teased the rollout on Twitter, and lo and behold he (mostly) followed through on the release dates and everything, imagine that. These albums soundtracked a pretty cool period in my life right after I graduated and was just starting to figure things out. Course Kanye said and did some dumb ass **** this year, but some people acting like he fell off musically just makes me CTFU.  Wyoming project was a big undertaking and despite a few slip ups and a few underwhelming tracks, for the most part I gauge it as an artistic success for those involved. Without further ado let me put all these songs in the right order.

38. Kanye West - I Thought About Killing You

37. Kanye West - No Mistakes

36. Kanye West - All Mine

When I mention slip ups, I'm talking about ye.

35. Nas - Bonjour

34. Teyana Taylor f/ Ty $ - 3way

Color me intrigued.

33. Nas - Simple Things

32. Nas - White Label

Nas and Nas alone was the reason this album didn't reach its full potential. Even the dumbest / least memorable tracks have a gorgeous sheen to them. Gosh I love Kanye as a producer

31. Kanye West - Yikes

A pretty blatant attempt at sanitizing the dark themes of the album into a radio hit. Still a catchy song and obviously Kanye is Kanye who knows how to make a beat.

14 minutes ago, Kang. said:

ourse Kanye said and did some dumb ass **** this year, but some people acting like he fell off musically just makes me CTFU. 

Pablo was the actual fall off, but he fell even deeper this year. A lot of his productions this year sounded like RZA throwaways from 2008.

Didn't listen to KSG so maybe it's different for that one.

39 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Pablo was the actual fall off, but he fell even deeper this year. A lot of his productions this year sounded like RZA throwaways from 2008.

Didn't listen to KSG so maybe it's different for that one.

Nah it took me a minute too but Pablo was awesome. KSG is high quality too. I wanna know what you think about it tbh~~

30. Kanye West - Violent Crimes

I think these lyrics are a little less creepy and more insightful than people wanted to give him credit for at the time. The Nicki voicemail is a nice look inside Kanye's creative process and a cute way to wrap the album, but otherwise this song is far from exceptional.

29. Teyana Taylor - No Manners

Nice cinematic intro. I don't have much to say about it

28. Nas, Diddy, 070 Shake - Not for Radio

Love the strings, this instrumental just absolutely swells. The "think they scared of us" too. Diddy doing ad libs is cute.

27. Nas & The-Dream - Adam and Eve

If I could make a song this dope at 45 I'd be proud of myself

26. KSG - Fire

This project was fire indeed. Least exciting song of the 7 tho.

25. Nas & Kanye - Cops Shot the Kid

Really cool sample, gives the song a nice sense of energy and urgency.  Unfortunately I don't think the verses do much to tie the song together into more than the sum of its parts. I'm split on this one but ultimately **** slaps.

24. Kanye, PARTYNEXTDOOR & Jeremih  - Wouldn't Leave

Opening is really nice tbh, I didn't know Party had it in him to be so soulful. It's Kanye's verses that drag a song like this down. Ye and Jeremih on a track together for the first time is still something to be celebrated

23. Teyana - Rose in Harlem

???

22. Teyana & Kanye - Hurry

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

21. KSG & Ty $, Freeee (Ghost Town Pt. 2)

It's no part 1, but a good effort nonetheless. Ty Dolla $ign has one of the best voices in the world and it was a delight to have him spread across these projects how he was.

20. Pusha T - Infrared 

Good but we didn't even know what was coming

19. Pusha T - The Games We Play

Pusha is a rapper who has a lane and is just unbelievably good at staying in it. I'm mostly ranking these Daytona tracks by how much I like the beats. You get Pusha in the right element and he's just Pusha. That's all he needs to do.

18. Teyana - Issues/Hold On

This song feels like getting a thick hug. I thought I was in this kind of relationship at the beginning of the year lol. That's funny stuff.

17. Pusha T - Come Back Baby

yeugh

16. Teyana - Gonna Love Me

Such a crisp soul sample. Drawing from the past but sounding like the present. These Teyana tracks are hardly super conceptual or anything but they are very effective at doing what they set out to do. She's a great singer.

Nicolas Jaar uses the same sample in one of the AAL songs btw. Anyway I'm partial to this remix too:

15. Nas, Kanye, The-Dream - everything

I'm alright with a slow burn

14. Pusha f/ Rick Ross - Hard Piano

Both rappers in top form. I could take or leave the chorus but that beat means business...

13. KSG - 4th Dimension

Possibly the most straight up fun song on this list. True of a lot of KSG but I feel bright colors seeping out of this arrangement in a very strong way. If I write up a blurb I won't finish the sent

12. Pusha T - Santeria

What do you want me to say. 3 part epic with a lit start and a lit finish. I feel like I've heard that Lil Kim sample on 100 songs but really it sounds great every time.

11. Teyana - Never Would Have Made It

Is it sad that the "you are the highlight of my life" bit still makes me think of my ex? Feelings aside it's a very straightforward message laid out beautifully. When she sang that I really felt it.

I actually like All Mine and Yikes so poor them being the first to leave. Violent Crimes is an effective closer as well but got old quick like Ye as a whole lol

Don't remember much from Nas and Teyana's albums, they were both pretty average to me

Fire and especially Freeee deserved better :fish2:

All of Daytona making the top 20- It's what she deserves. Still think a bunch of these are too low, especially TGWP. Santeria is probably my favorite, the guitar sample is really beautiful and I love its contrast against the hard hitting trappy beats- Kanye snapped here

ye tracks flopping is what they deserve. I really liked Violent Crimes until I thought about the lyrics. Still a nice song though.

Ghost Town part II > part I :mandown: 

AAL did the sample better. I always wondered if Kanye did it in response to him sampling I am a God.

Santeria and Hard Piano could have made top 10 but I’m not mad.

• ATRL Moderator

Rose in Harlem should be higher. 

The past Kesha / Lorde / SZA stanning. I live. 5c8bTwx.png?1

whoops i fell alseep

10. Kanye & Cudi - Reborn

But theees is something that starts with me...

9. KSG w/ Pusha - Feel the Love

Ra-ga. Ra-ga-ga-ga ga-ga. KSG such a dope project honestly.

8. KSG - Cudi Montage

Nice Nirvana sample I think. Reborn was my top pick from the album for a bit, but this one is even more of an anthem.

7. Pusha & Kanye - What Would Meek Do?

this one is ****ing wild. Haterz talking **** Push how do you respond?? Kanye's verse actually being good here, you can't tell me these two don't bring out the very best in each other. Some of these bars are just dkkdkdklll

6. Christina Aguilera, Ty Dolla $ign, 2 Chainz - Accelerate

**** everyone, this counts. I realize that the optics of this collaboration were pretty bad tbh, but the song itself is such a sleek slice of future pop that nobody wanted to talk about. 2 Chainz's guest verse is everything. I'll have more to say later but yea this really goes.

5. KSG & Yasiin Bey, Kids See Ghosts

How does he doooo that? ?

4. PUSHA T, THE STORY OF ADIDON

Such an instantly legendary piece of the culture for people who know. Obviously Drake is untouchable commercially, but this takedown was brutal enough to force him into hiding at least. Just very methodical and psychological, I've never heard anything quite like it. Puts a huge smile on my face thinking about it even now, I was literally geeking out and laughing all day the day it came out. What an amazing moment in time.

3. Teyana Taylor, WTP

I'll come up with something better to say about this one too. Hope the irony of Kanye producing this during his alt-right era was lost on no one!

2. Pusha T, If You Know You Know

Perfect song.

1. Kanye & Cudi, Ghost Town

This was going to be my overall #1 for the year. Maybe it still is but now that I've done this list I'm leaning towards changing it. Anyway this song is an absolute emotional fireball for me. I'd say it's the farthest Kanye has ventured from the world of hip hop thus far. It's a cool multi-part song that builds into something very cathartic. "I've been trying ..... to make ...you ...love me" oh Cudi, my heart breaks. ? 

• ATRL Moderator

Ghost Town pt 2 > Part 1

KSG and Pusha T stomping on the other Wyoming sesh songs like it should :clap3: 

And you wrote exactly how I felt when I listened to Story of Adidon. The way Push came for Drake's mom, dad, best friend, and baby momma in 3 minutes or less :priceless:

7 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Ghost Town pt 2 > Part 1

Pt 2 doesn’t make me cry every time sorry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.