H100: Mariah #7, Ariana #1 (4x) broke female streaming

Jude

ariana-grande-thank-u-next-music-video.p

Ariana Grande's "Thank U, Next" tops the Billboard Hot 100 (dated Dec. 15), returning for a fourth week at No. 1 following the Nov. 30 arrival of its retro-2000s-themed official video.

The song reigns in large part due to its 93.8 million U.S. streams in the week ending Dec. 6, according to Nielsen Music, the biggest weekly total ever for a song by a female artist. It passes the 84.5 million that Taylor Swift's "Look What You Made Me Do" logged in its first week (as reflected on charts dated Sept. 16, 2017)."

""Next" sweeps the Hot 100's Greatest Gainer awards for all metrics (streaming, sales and airplay). It's the first song to claim all three titles at No. 1 since Drake's "In My Feelings," 

"Next" is the longest-leading Hot 100 No. 1 by a woman with no accompanying artists since Adele's "Hello," which ruled for 10 weeks starting Nov. 14, 2015.

"Next" controls the Hot 100 with nearly a 2-to-1 points lead over Travis Scott's "Sicko Mode,"

"Meanwhile, Mariah Carey's 1994 holiday classic "All I Want for Christmas Is You" jingles 14-7 for a new Hot 100 high. The song hit the top 10 for the first time last holiday season, reaching No. 9."

============

Full top 10:

1. thank u, next (+1) *longest #1 female lead of 2018

2. SICKO MODE (-1)

3. Without Me (+1)

4. Happier (-1)

5. High Hopes (=)

6. Going Bad (HOT SHOT DEBUT)

7. All I Want For Christmas Is You (+7)

8. ZEZE (-1)

9. Drip Too Hard (-1)

10. Mo Bombs (-4)

=======

meek-mill-12-2-2018-billboard-1548.jpg

Meek Mill is a winner on the new Billboard 200 albums chart (dated Dec. 15), as his new release Championshipsdebuts at No. 1. The set earned  229,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Dec. 6, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 42,000 were in traditional album sales. The album was released on Nov. 30 via Maybach/Atlantic Records and is the hip-hop artist’s second chart-topper, following 2015’s Dreams Worth More Than Money.

Championships also logs the ninth-largest streaming week of 2018 for an album, the sixth-largest debut streaming frame of the year for an album, and Meek Mill’s best streaming week ever. The album bows with 235.4 million on-demand audio streams tallied for its tracks in the week ending Dec. 6. The largest streaming week of 2018 (and of all time) for an album is owned by Drake’s Scorpion, which clocked 745.9 million on-demand audio streams for its tracks in its first week (July 14-dated chart).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8489725/meek-mill-championships-album-tops-billboard-200-chart

1. Championship by Meek Mill - 229k / 42k

2. Street Gossip by Lil Baby - 88k / 5k

3. Dummy Boy by 6ix9ine - 83k

4. A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships  by The 1975 - 66k / 48k

5. Christmas by Michael Buble - 55k / 18k

6.  Stokeley  by Ski Mask the Slump God - 51k / 5k

7. A Star is Born by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper - 48k

8. Astroworld - Travis Scott - 47k

9. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen - 40K

10. Christmas is Here! by Pentatonix - 40k

Edited by Jude

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• Ger

• slw84

• Green

Top Posters In This Topic

In short:

-4 weeks at #1

-biggest streaming record for female all time

-longest running solo female #1 since Hello by Adele

greatest gainer award in all metrics (streaming, airplay, sales) 

- Almost double lead points over the #2 song

-longest running #1 female lead of 2018

Not bad for "fRontLoaDed aND wEaK" no. 1. :clap3:

Edited by Jude

Well that was obvious but what does chart data know? Where’s the full chart, they don’t have access to billboard they’re just a random person 

Good for her :clap3:It's actually a good song, for once :clap3:

Her name is Aubrey and I'm so good with that!

Just now, ArianadelRey said:

Longest #1 by an ex-act btw!

Kool_Aid_King

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... :jonny5:

Just now, Thor said:

Nobody:

Ariana Stans: but but!1 FRonTloADed!1!1!1!1

You're a known Obsessed Ariana Hater. Your words are automatically invalid. Keep trying, though. :)

Poor her other far superior songs

I thought a song called “Tu, n Back” was #1...

4 minutes ago, Chemist said:

When was the last time a female solo was #1 for 4 weeks?

EnoughSaid

Since Hello by Adele in 2015, it topped the chart for 10 weeks I think.

Edited by Jude

butterflysupreme
30 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

Well that was obvious but what does chart data know? Where’s the full chart, they don’t have access to billboard they’re just a random person 

I think it’s based on the title of the billboard article...

1 hour ago, ArianadelRey said:

Longest #1 by an ex-act btw!

Kool_Aid_King

How many weeks did Wrecking ball have? I remember it went #1 again after some weeks thanks to a viral chatroulette video.

21 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

How many weeks did Wrecking ball have? I remember it went #1 again after some weeks thanks to a viral chatroulette video.

I think it was only 3 weeks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.