Selena Gomez :"I can't wait for people to forget about me"

168 posts in this topic

And now she feels much more ready to take on the trappings of fame, saying, “For a change, it feels like I don’t have to be holding my breath and waiting for somebody to judge a piece of work that I’m doing. I’m not eager to chase a moment. I don’t think there’s a moment for me to chase.”

In fact, she insists, “I love what I do, and I’m aware of how lucky I am, but—how can I say this without sounding weird? I just really can’t wait for people to forget about me.”

http://people.com/style/selena-gomez-vogue-cover-april/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

So then retire?

It wouldn't be too difficult sweetie :cm:

Why does she complain so much. Someone would think she's being hunted by the media and paps like Britney 2007 or something

On the one hand, I totally respect what she says and where she's coming from. Fame is not pleasant to most people and I can't fault her for speaking out about how she feels.

On the other hand, considering there's hundreads of girls in the industry and millions outside of it that would KILL to have Selena's machine and hit ready music, it sounds very ungrateful. As well as hypocritical, cause, between the PR relationships, the sponsorship deals / campaigns and the contract with one of the biggest mainstream labels in the world, she doesn't act like she doesn't want to be famous. Maybe not all of them are her decision, but some have to be

I wish the best to her anyway. She seems like a nice girl.

Me too 

luckily you dont have to wait

Delete your instagram then

lmao she don't mean it. she just doesn't like the criticism that comes along with this. she lives for the fame

Not her saying that while being on the cover of the biggest fashion magazine :deadbanana3: Selena sis I love you but...

12 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

On the one hand, I totally respect what she says and where she's coming from. Fame is not pleasant to most people and I can't fault her for speaking out about how she feels.

On the other hand, considering there's hundreads of girls in the industry and millions outside of it that would KILL to have Selena's machine and hit ready music, it sounds very ungrateful. As well as hypocritical, cause, between the PR relationships, the sponsorship deals / campaigns and the contract with one of the biggest mainstream labels in the world, she doesn't act like she doesn't want to be famous. Maybe not all of them are her decision, but some have to be

read better: she says that she loves what she's doing and she's lucky

I think that she's bored of all the people who always analyze everything she does just to criticize her :confused:

She's always said how much she dislikes the hollywood side of the music industry and she's always said she's grateful for the she's been given and all the things she's achieved. Plus, it would be hard now for her to make music and people forget about her, especially when she's also doing acting and etc.

15 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

It wouldn't be too difficult sweetie :cm:

Why does she complain so much. Someone would think she's being hunted by the media and paps like Britney 2007 or something

Majority of celebrities complain about paparazzi being obsessed with them and invading their personal space. Why is it such a bad thing when Selena complains about it?

7 minutes ago, Mimie said:

Delete your instagram then

lmao she don't mean it. she just doesn't like criticism

Why would deleting her social media accounts suddenly make people forget her? I mean she barely uses that or Twitter these days and yet here we are :cm:

Just now, Sad Serenade said:

read better: she says that she loves what she's doing and she's lucky

I think that she's bored of all the people who always analyze everything she does just to criticize her :confused:

I can read 2 lines of text, including that part. It doesn't change any of what I said, but to each their own

Me either.

Comfirmed she would not be at the Aint Me video just like the We Don't Talk Anymore :rip: 

This new Generations Justin & Selena hate the fame! LOL

:sadviolin: Celebs can maintain their privacy if they truly want to.

I get that it can be hard to be criticized all the time, but if you do a bajillion magazine shoots and commercials you're not really trying to avoid it...

1 minute ago, ThisIsSempi said:

Why would deleting her social media accounts suddenly make people forget her? I mean she barely uses that or Twitter these days and yet here we are :cm:

Deleting social media wouldn't erase her from the history of earth but it would help people forget about her :confused: 

like I said, she doesn't mean it.

that quote is laughable

7 minutes ago, Mimie said:

Deleting social media wouldn't erase her from the history of earth but it would help people forget about her :confused: 

like I said, she doesn't mean it.

Please explain to me how when she's already got a big platform? She still wants to release music, paparazzi and media aren't just going to stop following her every move and writing headlines about her. That's what most of the people in this thread are failing to realize what she means.

Even if she just released music, she couldn't just be forgotten while still being active  :toofunny3:

Why is trying so hard to appear 'relatable' and that she hates fame? It's so clear she doesn't. She might say this and her fans will applaud her, but her actions say otherwise. 

Good.

22 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

+1.

She contradicts herself all time and appears to be emotionally unstable. It seems like she doesn't know what she wants to do with her career, it's like a constant battle between her ambition and her mental health. I can relate, but I'm not a multi-millionaire.

This is an often occurrence with celebrities, they all lack self-awareness. I mean, you're on the cover of Vogue US. 

omfg you guys are the worst those replies :jonny: lessen the savageness :jonny:

I think I get what she;s saying but then again, she's doing PR and does all those endorsements and ****, if you wanna be forgotten how about you don't shoehorn your face into everything maybe? :cm: