Jump to content
Best of 2018 is now open! Read more... ×

Ariana haven’t posted anything...

102 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

JohnGray
2 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

She doesn't need to thank them. They're not doing her a favor. She had a HUGE year, both commercially and critically, and she got 2 nominations in the pop field, aka the genre she absolutely dominated.

 

If she shaded them or complained, it'd be :biblio:-worthy. But staying neutral seems fine to me. If anything, the overwhelming gratitude comes across corny sometimes.

Sis,  a nomination is a win. Not many artists have that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robotdanger
8 minutes ago, JohnGray said:

I ADORE Ari but, TD>>>>S

Teenage Dream is obviously iconic, and is one of the most groundbreaking eras in pop music history; but I personally feel like Sweetener was more experimental and explored deeper concepts. The production alone on Sweetner is quite mindblowing at times. Unfortunately, because of Ari’s ex-act status, she has a stigma against her that won’t be shaken for a long time.. if ever. That stigma was definitely translated into her Grammy noms, which is why she’s probably really hurt. Also, she shot herself in the foot by not attending that one year when she had a couple noms. She needs to learn how to play the game better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnGray
1 minute ago, Caesar said:

Why are you quoting/agreeing with yourself? :rip:

 

Ariana has been nominated for the same two grammy nominations since 2014. She's already been grateful about it the other 4 times she's been nominated for the same categories. It's not like she has shaded them or anything.

MESS! I meant to quote that Xtina user 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnGray
2 minutes ago, robotdanger said:

Teenage Dream is obviously iconic, and is one of the most groundbreaking eras in pop music history; but I personally feel like Sweetener was more experimental and explored deeper concepts. The production alone on Sweetner is quite mindblowing at times. Unfortunately, because of Ari’s ex-act status, she has a stigma against her that won’t be shaken for a long time.. if ever. That stigma was definitely translated into her Grammy noms, which is why she’s probably really hurt. Also, she shot herself in the foot by not attending that one year when she had a couple noms. She needs to learn how to play the game better.

Agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Destiny
9 minutes ago, JohnGray said:

Not Nicki alone, but many other talented musicians like Florence and The Machine, Lana, etc.

 

7 minutes ago, JohnGray said:

This. Wasn’t she the one preaching about appreciating smallest things in life? 

:deadbanana4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Truth Teller
Just now, JohnGray said:

Sis,  a nomination is a win. Not many artists have that...

A nomination is a nomination. A win is a different thing. If she wins, I'm assuming she'll thank the Academy (although I don't see that as a necessity either, tbh)

 

The fact that not many artists have that may be true, but it doesn't mean that all nominated artists should be kissing the NARAS ass for acknowledging them. Especially when they've clearly earned it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
romonster

Nothing she released this year is worthy of Album, Song or Record of the year. That’s simply the way it is. Her nominations in the Pop categories were very fair, despite NTLTC being a more deserving contender than GIAW.

 

The very least Miss Grande-Butera can do is remain humble and thank the Recording Academy for recognizing her efforts this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thuggin

She’s expressed her gratitude for her other four nominations. Can you blame her for not being over the moon this time when they nominated her for the same two Pop categories they always nominate her for? :rip: She liked tweets acknowledging it, which is more than enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KasioKas

OP is literally quoting himself because he's bitter a singer didn't tweet about her grammy noms. Welcome to atrl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnGray
3 minutes ago, romonster said:

Nothing she released this year is worthy of Album, Song or Record of the year. That’s simply the way it is. Her nominations in the Pop categories were very fair, despite NTLTC being a more deserving contender than GIAW.

 

The very least Miss Grande-Butera can do is remain humble and thank the Recording Academy for recognizing her efforts this year. 

:clap3: it’s not like Sweetener was groundbreaking anything. It was cute and she should be thankful tbh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Adele

All her peers posted videos of themselves crying and multiple tweets thanking the Academy, yet... Ariana is silent.

 

Is she being ungrateful? Discuss ATRL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnGray
5 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

OP is literally quoting himself because he's bitter a singer didn't tweet about her grammy noms. Welcome to atrl.

It was a mistake and I’m a fan lmao. :deadbanana2: Please kindly get off my dick and stay on topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thuggin

There’s already a thread about this. Why are you guys so obsessed with Ariana is a better question? :cm:

 

Anyway, she doesn’t need to be grateful for minimal acknowledgement by an over-glorified VMAs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
duybeeGAshantiGA

Lol why do u guys think she needs to do sth just because you want her to. She is not obliged to do or say anythinf about Grammys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin

She’s tired of getting nominated for the same two awards. 

 

Although it’s slightly her fault for not submitting NTLTC for ROTY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thuggin
4 minutes ago, JohnGray said:

:clap3: it’s not like Sweetener was groundbreaking anything. It was cute and she should be thankful tbh 

Thankful for what? They barely acknowledged her. :skull: They’re not going to give her the win and only nominated her in the Pop categories because she’s been absolutely dominating pop music this year and it would have been ludicrous not to nominate her. Much less successful and less acclaimed albums and songs got more nominations than her. She doesn’t owe the Academy anything. :michael:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar

She's already gotten the same noms before. And thanked them every single time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
duybeeGAshantiGA

Lol at people thinking that artists owe the Grammys something :lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Adele
4 minutes ago, Timber said:

Bey never does that either, they're just noms after all.

Beyoncé has 60 noms tho, Ariana has 10% of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Body Talk
7 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

There’s already a thread about this. Why are you guys so obsessed with Ariana is a better question? :cm:

 

Anyway, she doesn’t need to be grateful for minimal acknowledgement by an over-glorified VMAs.

I just choked at your signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Henstridge
27 minutes ago, xtina1 said:

No shade, but she is by far the most disrespectful and entitled singer out there.

 

And you got all this because she isn't raving about some pity noms? :toofunny2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnGray
7 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Thankful for what? They barely acknowledged her. :skull: They’re not going to give her the win and only nominated her in the Pop categories because she’s been absolutely dominating pop music this year and it would have been ludicrous not to nominate her. Much less successful and less acclaimed albums and songs got more nominations than her. She doesn’t owe the Academy anything. :michael:

What if the the plan is for her to win both of the nominations? It’s not a good look to don’t acknowledge them. What do you think the voters will think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChampionCynthia
28 minutes ago, xtina1 said:

No shade, but she is by far the most disrespectful and entitled singer out there.

Look at Demi Lovato for instance, she's in awe and extremely humble and grateful whenever she gets nominated!

 

The difference is Demi Lovato was lucky to even be nominated while Ariana was snubbed from categories she deserved to be nominated for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites