Best of 2018 is now open! Read more... ×

Shawn wants to keep people guessing!

39 posts in this topic

Iceland

Shawn Mendes Wants to Create Music He Used to Be Scared to Make

CIn9pByVAAAErfN.jpg

Shawn Mendes wants to keep people guessing!

The 20-year-old singer recently opened up about his music and how he always strives to be doing something different.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics ofShawn Mendes

“I just wanted to go in and explore and make music that I maybe would’ve been scared to make a couple years ago. To never be able to have people be able to guess what you’re doing next is the goal…I want them every time to be like ‘Wow, I wasn’t expecting this,’” Shawn told Your Morning.

Check out all that Shawn had to say in the interview below…

Like Just Jared Jr. on FB 
Photos: Getty
Posted to: Shawn Mendes

hardbrit

His music all sounds the same and his live performances are literally identical, can we please move on from him?

Pikachoo

have a seat Shawn. you are so predictable. you're going to go in a more R&B route with greater sexuality displayed. JT did it, Bieber did it, they literally have all done it. I can assure you right here and now that I am completely expecting your next move.

JohnGray
2 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

have a seat Shawn. you are so predictable. you're going to go in a more R&B route with greater sexuality displayed. JT did it, Bieber did it, they literally have all done it. I can assure you right here and now that I am completely expecting your next move.

Pikachoo spilling tea like as always! :clap3:

imabadkid
4 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

I'm ready for his good boy gone bad era

same... should be v. interesting...

Bloo
6 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

Pikachoo serving piping hot tea. :clap3:

KatyMyLady
7 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

Honestly this. Yawn. I think it'll be a mistake too 

Genie in a Bottle

All of his music sounds the same tho? And I agree if he does “change” it’ll be some really corny R&B-tinged pop vibe a la Justin Timberlake

phreshprince

Its only a matter of time before he begins to work with max martin, dr. Luke etc

HASHTAGPOW

He needs to work with Timbaland and give us FutureGaySex/LoveSounds

DoubleDutchess
17 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

This. :toofunny2:

RainDreamer
3 minutes ago, Jump said:

Is that pic photoshopped

No it's from a fan meet and greet, he just took pictures with gay fans the same way as he does with girls...

DoubleDutchess

The only thing people will be guessing is when he's coming clean with his sexuality.

DoubleDutchess

Jump
5 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

No it's from a fan meet and greet, he just took pictures with gay fans the same way as he does with girls...

That’s really kind of him to be honest. 

OT: Lost in Japan and In My Blood show some evolution so I disagree that he does the same thing over and over. 

Lady Claire

Literally every song he released sounds the same, so... good for him? I guess