Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

1,455 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

“Sexist, transphobic and generally toxic behavior was rampant, likely due to the fact that people were working 80-plus hours a week for months on end and there was no accountability for such behavior,” the former female employee told Variety via email. “I heard from multiple people that a cabal of male [developers] had nicknames for all of the women in the office, including ‘Silver Fox’, ‘DB’/’Dyke Bitch’ and ‘Morph,’ in reference to a trans employee. A co-worker once jokingly called an ‘Injustice Mobile’ character who did bleeding damage over time ‘Time-of-the-Month Wonder Woman’ in the presence of two leads, and referring to women as ‘bitches’ was commonplace.”

:biblio:

2 hours ago, The Destiny Hope said:

Yeah, for that reason I am conflicted!

Reveal hidden contents

On one hand, with Liu Kang being a revenant for so long it felt so satisfying that he was able to achieve a happy end with his long-standing love interest. The best end for them, actually. But because of the nature of time travel, and them building a "better" world, it really undoes not only MK11's story but - like you said - the entire franchise; which makes the whole story a bit useless, in my opinion.

Of course, I'm really excited to see how and where they go from here with the next game. The prospects of new and refreshing characters really excites me. However, my FAVORITE character in MK is Mileena and I have no doubts Kitana would erase the **** out of her :toofunny3:

No, they aren't dead. I haven't gone through everybody's towers yet because I have NO time to play but I heard Takeda or Kung Jin appear in somebody's tower?

I think they'll make it so that they bring back their allies so we'll at least see Kung Lao, Sonya, Jax, Johnny etc. coming back in he next game whenever that is. I saw Jax's story ending and it I got the impression they can shape the world however they want.

And I'll check to see if Takeda/Kung Jin are in other characters' endings soon.

Just finished the story mode after 3 days. Not Queen D'Vorah killing another iconic character... nnnnnn. And everyone was so sure that she is dying in MK11. Queen snapped!!

I wonder what Tanya, and Rain were doing through all this. Hope it was worth it, since they’ll be erased, probably. Ed Boon won. Rain stans LOST. :chick3:

14 hours ago, A Bomb said:

I wonder what Tanya, and Rain were doing through all this. Hope it was worth it, since they’ll be erased, probably. Ed Boon won. Rain stans LOST. :chick3:

Mileena will never be in an MK game again :toofunny3: I really lost...

Posted (edited)

Murdered!

That vile, foul, rancid DEMON has finally been MURDERED in what was supposed to be his own franchise. We will continue destroying what is left of his legacy. We will point and LAUGH with Sub-Zero stans. We will LAUGH at his fans, LAUGH at their tears. He was IMPALED, POISONED, injected with babies like the PIG BOTTOM he is. His body WRITHED, SQUIRMED and TWITCHED as a result of being OVIPOSITED inside of like a human INCUBATOR. His insides literally SNAPPED. His fans thought he could get away with anything being the developer's favorite for 20 years, while spamming the SAME 20 year old moveset. His fanbase was sure the MORON would dominate MK11 only to be killed off by D'Vorah in a matter of seconds. 

Forced OUT and FORCED BACK into NETHERREALM.

NO future dlc.
NO injustice appearances.
NO sequels.

UGLY.
HIDEOUS.
VILE.

SHITPION
DEADPION
GHOST RIDER LITE

SCORPION. HE REALLY DID LEAVE MK11 IN A BODYBAG. 

MILEENA FANS WON.

THE JOKE OF MORTAL KOMBAT HAS BEEN DESTROYED.

Posted (edited)

Why do I feel like the Krypt is punishing me rather than rewarding me?  I keep unlocking chests & using soul stones but getting items for characters I really don't use.  :!ohno:

We gotta organize an tournament event or something soon. 

Hey. MK11 was my first MK game. I loved the story. And then tried to watch like hours of cutscenes from the previous games. There's a lot to process but i think i got the basic storylines down. I just have some questions if any of u could answer.

Are the tower endings canon, or just like a cute story if things continued and that one person just won everything but not actually canon?

Also for the revenants im kinda confused. When people die do they automatically become revenants, or is it only certain characters in certain situations that become revenants?

Also (this could be a spoiler question idk):

is the sub-zero in MK11 the original sub-zero or the new one. Cause i know noob saibot is the original but with all the timeline things and bringing people from the previous timeline, im confused

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2019 at 1:12 PM, PopMusicJunkie said:

Why do I feel like the Krypt is punishing me rather than rewarding me?  I keep unlocking chests & using soul stones but getting items for characters I really don't use.  :!ohno:

use your koins to buy character towers. it's a way better method of getting character-specific unlocks. and if you're lucky you can catch a tower platform featuring your preferred character that you can just do over and over again to farm their augments

When I logged into the game I almost had a HEART ATTACK when it said I had 0 Koins, 0 everything! :dies:

Whew

This thread died too quickly. I feel like ppl were more excited before the game was out. :rip:

14 hours ago, BOOM! said:

This thread died too quickly. I feel like ppl were more excited before the game was out. :rip:

Well same thing happened with Injustice, once the DLC are going to be announce the hype will be back. 

On 5/10/2019 at 10:35 AM, Tira said:

When I logged into the game I almost had a HEART ATTACK when it said I had 0 Koins, 0 everything! :dies:

Whew

Logging in today I had a message about my player data being "damaged" and was at risk of losing everything.  Thankfully I didn't, chile, I almost had a meltdown.  :toofunny3:

OT: 

2 hours ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Logging in today I had a message about my player data being "damaged" and was at risk of losing everything.  Thankfully I didn't, chile, I almost had a meltdown.  :toofunny3:

OT: 

Woo lord I’m scared

Kano's body gusiodigpad i'm dripping! they didn't have to make him this hot

On 5/13/2019 at 2:39 PM, BOOM! said:

I have finals at uni n :rip: 

11 hours ago, Cheers said:

Kano's body gusiodigpad i'm dripping! they didn't have to make him this hot

Omg he's the hottest ****ing guy in this game!!! :drool:

So, who are you guys maining?

I am literally still playing SP content and just making custom variations and trying things but i am pretty sure that i will main Queen Skarlet and Jade. I really wanted D'Vorah but currently she is just broken, i just don't want to waste my time until they fix her. But she does look super interesting.

Kitana didn't slay me tbh. But i am yet to try all her stuff properly. But i think that i won't play her.

4 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

I am literally still playing SP content and just making custom variations and trying things but i am pretty sure that i will main Queen Skarlet and Jade. I really wanted D'Vorah but currently she is just broken, i just don't want to waste my time until they fix her. But she does look super interesting.

Kitana didn't slay me tbh. But i am yet to try all her stuff properly. But i think that i won't play her.

Kitana is kinda lame :( 

Im maining Jade and erron black x 

2 hours ago, BOOM! said:

I'm maining Jade and Skarlet, but I use Noob and other characters as well. I use every character sometimes, just to not get bored easily. Kitana's move list is very difficult for me to learn. 

20 hours ago, BOOM! said:

Mostly the Special Forces squad -- namely Sonya -- but I'm having a lot of fun with both Jax & Jacqui.  I like Cassie's (default) look but I'm not sure how I feel about her gameplay this time around.  I thought she was great in X but I'm struggling with which abilities work best in 11. Johnny Cage has pretty much retained all of his moves from previous games and is good.  Speaking of Cage...

... he's definitely my Kombat Krush.  These are great.  :dies:

On 5/15/2019 at 3:52 PM, BOOM! said:

Jade for sure! She’s he only fighter I know moves by heart. I’m also starting to pull Kombos with her! Cassie and Frost are next, in that order.

Recently picked up Scarlet. Learning her nice and slowly though. Devorah is kind of horrible. May be the worst fighter in the Roster. She seemed so good in X. 

I have yet to touch any of the Male fighters: :rip:

On 5/15/2019 at 4:52 PM, BOOM! said:

I’m maining Kotal out of all characters. Then Jade. I’m thinking about touching Johnny next.