Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

90's Music Discussion Thread

190 posts in this topic

AvrilLaQueen
3 minutes ago, Paula Abdul said:

It was a worldwide European/Asian hit back to 1997/1998. :eek: 

no wonder is sounds so good, those continents serving TASTE as usual :clap3: 

also 7 Seconds was a huge hit in Russia, y'all were stanning for woke songs in 90's :eek: 

Paula Abdul
4 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

no wonder is sounds so good, those continents serving TASTE as usual :clap3: 

also 7 Seconds was a huge hit in Russia, y'all were stanning for woke songs in 90's :eek: 

Yup, I still hear it from time to time. 

I also remember to watch this video when I was 5. I think it changed my mind. Russia has a weird point of view for hit singles. At least more of them are classics. 

Do you remember something from your childhood? 

AvrilLaQueen
4 minutes ago, Paula Abdul said:

Yup, I still hear it from time to time. 

I also remember to watch this video when I was 5. I think it changed my mind. Russia has a weird point of view for hit singles. At least more of them are classics. 

Do you remember something from your childhood? 

GODona Apple :jonny5:

I was born in 1997, the earliest music memories are from 2000, the music I am exploring from the 90's came this decade, in 2012 I listened to Aaliyah's and TLC's 90s music, in 2015 I started listening to Madonna's discography, and from 2017 to now I am exploring past music in general!

Paula Abdul
5 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

GODona Apple :jonny5:

I was born in 1997, the earliest music memories are from 2000, the music I am exploring from the 90's came this decade, in 2012 I listened to Aaliyah's and TLC's 90s music, in 2015 I started listening to Madonna's discography, and from 2017 to now I am exploring past music in general!

TLC inspired me to listen more urban/hip-hop music like 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G., Snoop Dogg. 

I started my way with Britney Spears. I think she's great begginer back to be involved in mainstream music. Then I moved to Avril and Katy, after it to more punk/alternative sound. Now I'm fond of folk/acoustic music (that's why I think GL is Avril's best album, with expection of Stop Jеrking There). 

You had a long way! 

AvrilLaQueen
1 minute ago, Paula Abdul said:

TLC inspired me to listen more urban/hip-hop music like 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G., Snoop Dogg. 

I started my way with Britney Spears. I think she's great begginer back to be involved in mainstream music. Then I moved to Avril and Katy, after it to more punk/alternative sound. Now I'm fond of folk/acoustic music (that's why I think GL is Avril's best album, with expection of Stop Jеrking There). 

You had a long way! 

I like folk/acoustic music! Jewel is good! Goodbye Lullaby is still a weak album, but Kesha's Rainbow is great!

Also thank you! Did you listened to Hole or Garbage? Since you love Avril, did you get into Evanescene and The Pretty Reckless?

Paula Abdul
36 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

I like folk/acoustic music! Jewel is good! Goodbye Lullaby is still a weak album, but Kesha's Rainbow is great!

Also thank you! Did you listened to Hole or Garbage? Since you love Avril, did you get into Evanescene and The Pretty Reckless?

Jewel is amazing, even with her poppy oriented "0304". I'm into her "Good Day" song this season. 

I love Hole and Garbage. And also like No Doubt, they were my first big band I've stanned for. 

The way Courtney collaborated on Celebrity Skin album with Billy Corgan, who I absolutely adore. He's genius. And I still upset The Smashing Pumpkins were falling down after their breakthrough, because Adore was and still very astonishing record.

AvrilLaQueen
7 minutes ago, Paula Abdul said:

Jewel is amazing, even with her poppy oriented "0304". I'm into her "Good Day" song this season. 

I love Hole and Garbage. And also like No Doubt, they were my first big band I've stanned for. 

The way Courtney collaborated on Celebrity Skin album with Billy Corgan, who I absolutely adore. He's genius. And I still upset The Smashing Pumpkins were falling down after their breakthrough, because Adore was and still very astonishing record.

Jewel snappedT. with 0304! :jonny4:

OMFG, yaaaaasssssssss, another stan of the female-oriented 90s holy trinity bands :jonny5: although The Cranberries, Sixpence None The Richer and The Cardigans also made several points :jonny5:

okay, lemme check out this song! I LOVE 1979, their best song :jamming: "What If God Was One Of Us" is also another soft rock 90s classic!! :jonny4:

Paula Abdul
Just now, AvrilLaQueen said:

Jewel snappedT. with 0304! :jonny4:

OMFG, yaaaaasssssssss, another stan of the female-oriented 90s holy trinity bands :jonny5: although The Cranberries, Sixpence None The Richer and The Cardigans also made several points :jonny5:

okay, lemme check out this song! I LOVE 1979, their best song :jamming: "What If God Was One Of Us" is also another soft rock 90s classic!! :jonny4:

I worked as waiter a few years ago and almost every wedding party was included a karaoke performance of this song. 

AvrilLaQueen
1 minute ago, Paula Abdul said:

I worked as waiter a few years ago and almost every wedding party was included a karaoke performance of this song. 

Russians serving TASTE at their wedding? :eek::clap3: 

Paula Abdul

Linda was HUGE in Russia and CIS in 90s. Her producer accused Madonna of stealing a video concept from "Ворона" (Vorona) for "Frozen" MV. Later Linda told it was just a stunt, but it was discussed for decades. 

Paula Abdul
1 minute ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

Russians serving TASTE at their wedding? :eek::clap3: 

Nah, they are playing "Sugar" by Maroon 5 and "My Heart Will Go On". :rip: I was tired of these choices. But "One of Us" was decent song! Are you working somewhere to catch some good music? 

AvrilLaQueen
17 minutes ago, Paula Abdul said:

Nah, they are playing "Sugar" by Maroon 5 and "My Heart Will Go On". :rip: I was tired of these choices. But "One of Us" was decent song! Are you working somewhere to catch some good music? 

still better choices than "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran :rip: 

oh hell no, my co-worker hates music and wants to work in silence, it's so annoying, ughhh :mazen: so explore music with Youtube and Lastfm, as well as here on ATRL

AvrilLaQueen
1 hour ago, XtinaPanicGodney said:

classic

TASTE omg :jonny5:

---------

whew, this 1994 classic!!

jdmc218

Yo this is a story of a male/female threat to society. You know, being misjudged and not respected for what we are. But I wanna give a special shout out to my girl, Tawana Brawley. Cuz no matter what we say or what we do, they'll always believe his story!

I love this song! I mean this is basically #MeToo.