US Highest Certified Males

FanOfPop

10 hours ago, Zaynsus said:

Drake :rip: I guess he's the most certified artist ever in the US.

Btw, does a thread like this one exist for groups/bands ? I noticed that there's also one for female artists but couldn't find one for groups.

Yes, he is, followed by Rihanna overall and guess what...

They’re both still under-certified. :bibliahh:

Rihanna would be where Drake is now, around 250M+ whereas Drake would be approaching 290-300M. :bibliahh:

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FanOfPop

• onewillowsilk

• Armani?

• Yog

On 12/2/2018 at 9:51 AM, iHype. said:

Elvis has 24 studio albums, 9 live albums, 28 compilations, 29 EPs, 18 Soundtracks, 24 Box sets, and over 100 posthumous albums. And was actually releasing 3 albums a year at his peak

ihxzwehpeeakej4uig.gif

This clock :rip:

Drake:

RIAA certifications as a lead act: 163.5M

RIAA certifications as a featured act: 101.0M (Odio & Miá are certified 13x Platinum and 26x Platinum in RIAA Latin respectively and aren't included in this figure)

Sicko Mode - 7x Platinum
What's My Name - 6x Platinum
Work - 6x Platinum
I'm On One - 6x Platinum
****in' Problems - 5x Platinum
Look Alive - 5x Platinum
Yes Indeed - 5x Platinum
Life Is Good - 5x Platinum
Where Ya At - 4x Platinum
Both - 3x Platinum
Blessings - 3x Platinum
R.I.C.O. - 3x Platinum
Only - 3x Platinum
Come & See Me - 3x Platinum
Right Above It - 2x Platinum
Aston Martin Music - 2x Platinum
She Will - 2x Platinum
No Lie - 2x Platinum
Poetic Justice - 2x Platinum
Love Me - 2x Platinum
For Free - 2x Platinum
Recognize - 2x Platinum
Walk It Talk It - 2x Platinum
Used To This - 2x Platinum
No Stylist - 2x Platinum
Who Do You Love - 2x Platinum
Money To Blow - Platinum
Moment 4 Life - Platinum
Pop That - Platinum
The Zone - Platinum
Believe Me - Platinum
Tuesday - Platinum
100 - Platinum
Why You Always Hating - Platinum
No Shopping - Platinum
No Guidance - Platinum
[Odio - 13x Platinum (Latin)]
[Miá - 26x Platinum Latin (Latin)]
To the Max - Gold
Gonorrhea - Gold
Amen - Gold
No New Friends - Gold
Right Here - Gold
Back on Road - Gold

RIAA album certifications: 25.5M

Total: 290.0M, if I'm not mistaken. 

Edited by onewillowsilk

11 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

@FanOfPopthis is due for an update, no? 

Well I lost interest in this thread honestly. And I don't have much time doing updates almost every week.

24 minutes ago, FanOfPop said:

Well I lost interest in this thread honestly. And I don't have much time doing updates almost every week.

Why? You don't have to do updates every week. I just noticed that you hadn't updated it in over 6 months, that's why I asked. 

4 hours ago, onewillowsilk said:

Why? You don't have to do updates every week. I just noticed that you hadn't updated it in over 6 months, that's why I asked. 

Yeah I know. But males certs are updated so often that I lost track of it. And I started to go to work and I decided to update just females.

1 hour ago, FanOfPop said:

Yeah I know. But males certs are updated so often that I lost track of it. And I started to go to work and I decided to update just females.

:( No fair. I understand if you can't get to it anymore, though. 

• 9 months later...

Mess, I forgot about this. I'll look into it.

DRAKE: 303M certified units (lead artist certifications [163.5M], featured artist certifications [114M], album certifications [25.5M].

On 12/23/2019 at 3:58 PM, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Yes, he is, followed by Rihanna overall and guess what...

They’re both still under-certified. :bibliahh:

Rihanna would be where Drake is now, around 250M+ whereas Drake would be approaching 290-300M. :bibliahh:

Rihanna hasn't released any music as a lead artist since 2016 and many of the features she's done since then (Selfish, Wild Thoughts, This Is What You Came For, Loyalty, Believe It) have been certified. Updating those features (including Lemon) should add about 3-5M more units. Needed Me, Work, Kiss It Better, Love On the Brain, Stay, SOS and Pon De Replay are all up-to-date with their certifications. Pour It Up, Sex with Me and Birthday Cake were all certified in December 2019 so I doubt they've moved enough units since then to be eligible for updated certifications and all 8 of her albums have had their certifications updated (most of them were certified in 2018 and the latest certification happened this year). 

Based on rough calculations, I'd say, at most, she's undercertified by about 15-25M units across features and songs in her discography. 

Drake, right now is at 303M certified units but he's still very severely undercertified. His albums are still at 25.5M units when they're eligible for 37M certification. His songs are a different thing. I ran the numbers and across his entire discography, including features, he's undercertified by about 107-109M units. Every song off Views is eligible for at least 1x Platinum certification with most of them being eligible for 2x Platinum certification but only 15/20 songs are certified and the certified songs are all currently undercertified. Every song off More Life is eligible for at least 1x Platinum certification as well but only 8 songs are certified and those songs are also currently undercertified. Same with Scorpion. Out of 25 songs which are all eligible for at least 1x Platinum certification, only 3 songs are certified and even those 3 are currently undercertified. Then you have songs like Money in the Grave, Toosie Slide, Laugh Now Cry Later which have all moved 4-6M units but are still yet to be certified. There are some other songs off Thank Me Later, Take Care, Nothing Was the Same, IYRTITL/WATTBA that aren't certified at all or are undercertified and many features (like No Guidance which has moved over 6M units in the US but is currently only certified Platinum) that are undercertified as well. 

If he updated his entire discography right now, including albums and his features got updated as well, he'll be somewhere around 410-425M certified units. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.