Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

293 posts in this topic

yonka

I thought FOR SURE Pitchfork would stan this.

I was shocked and appalled at their 6.0 scoring. 

They so often get it right but this particular writer must be out of their fvcking mind. 

RT Air

How come I slept on this album so far :deadbanana: Every song is a certified bop and I'm only at track #6

What kind of pop gem appearing out of the blue :jonny:

LiveYourLife
On 3/15/2019 at 12:20 PM, yonka said:

I thought FOR SURE Pitchfork would stan this.

I was shocked and appalled at their 6.0 scoring. 

They so often get it right but this particular writer must be out of their fvcking mind. 

I just finished reading the review and honestly it seemed more of an attack towards her PR team about how they imaged her rather than the music itself at times. 

yonka
35 minutes ago, LiveYourLife said:

I just finished reading the review and honestly it seemed more of an attack towards her PR team about how they imaged her rather than the music itself at times. 

Basically...

It was a very strange review. I dont want to say it because I stan but I feel like CRJ is Pitchfork's darling and any one making quirky or interesting pop is second rate (to them) in comparison.

Sucker Punch is easily as good as Emotion or Melodrama but they've rated it lower than Demi's latest (which is crap), Christina (mediocre), Alessia (good but the highs dont reach SP), Troye...and the list goes on.

It's very...shady to say the least.

LiveYourLife
4 minutes ago, yonka said:

Basically...

It was a very strange review. I dont want to say it because I stan but I feel like CRJ is Pitchfork's darling and any one making quirky or interesting pop is second rate (to them) in comparison.

Sucker Punch is easily as good as Emotion or Melodrama but they've rated it lower than Demi's latest (which is crap), Christina (mediocre), Alessia (good but the highs dont reach SP), Troye...and the list goes on.

It's very...shady to say the least.

I understand what you mean! Sad that people have to compare others instead of just enjoying the music 

21stcenturywhore
On 3/12/2019 at 2:43 AM, Popboi. said:

Her sales in UK are GREAT all things considered. Same range as Dua, Anne-Marie and Zara Larsson’s debuts and could possibly be either #1 - #3 :eek:

she apparently actually sold more than Dua Lipa and Zara Larsson did in their first week in the UK whewww

Ghost
16 hours ago, castle13 said:

Dynamite is her best song :jonny5: 

True

4 hours ago, Element said:

dynamite is SO good. a fantastic ballad

True [2]

4 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Mine Right Now should be the next single 

True [3]