Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Normani f/ 6LACK - "Waves"

816 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

She should stop riding others tbh

No. She needs to build a name by collabing with these artists. Once she's big and known enough she can drop all these collabs. Smart move tbh

1 hour ago, Monky_2405 said:

:eek: cover is stunning, I didn't watch the Tidal performance back then and I'm glad, it's coming so soon!!

1 hour ago, Jd627 said:

The fonts are giving me TLC 3D vibes. Hopefully this is better than the Calvin Harris tracks that didn't stick. 

I was actually thinking Fanmail! Cause of the font. Love it

1 hour ago, Ari29 said:

She should stop riding others tbh

1 hour ago, JohnGray said:

Yeah I agree. She needs to make a name for herself. 

Ya'll h*es always find something to complain about. How about you let her worry about actually getting another hit under her belt so we can get the album out with decent numbers.

Ariana's first handful of hits had features and look at where she is now.

Oh wow, MORE new music. We went from nothing with her to so much so quickly :jonny:

I’m lowkey questioning her label’s strategy though. This is starting to feel a lot like a “release a bunch of stuff with no actual plan and hope something takes off on its own” type of thing. Hopefully I’m wrong and they have a more concrete plan :katie:

1 hour ago, MonsterNavy said:

No. She needs to build a name by collabing with these artists. Once she's big and known enough she can drop all these collabs. Smart move tbh

There’s a good and bad way to do that, in my opinion, she’s doing the latter. Throwing everything out hoping something else clicks.

18 minutes ago, Jared said:

Ya'll h*es always find something to complain about. How about you let her worry about actually getting another hit under her belt so we can get the album out with decent numbers.

Ariana's first handful of hits had features and look at where she is now.

I really wasn’t complaining with that comment but....

She has absolutely no identity and just mimicks other artists. Her EP with Calvin Harris is a prime example - one song feat WizKid has her singing with an affected accent and then the next sounding like SZA. 

:weeps:

The cover font giving me Early 2000’s vibes, Missy vibes.

Lord, I love music.

Normani finally able to make the R&B music  we deserve. R&B making its comeback with all this new talent.

Looking forward to hearing it, but what are her label doing to her? They’re sending Checklist to rhythmic next week right? Why release a new song now then? i really can’t figure out their strategy or if they even have one at this point, she has such potential, i really hope they have some kinda plan.

49 minutes ago, shelven said:

Oh wow, MORE new music. We went from nothing with her to so much so quickly :jonny:

I’m lowkey questioning her label’s strategy though. This is starting to feel a lot like a “release a bunch of stuff with no actual plan and hope something takes off on its own” type of thing. Hopefully I’m wrong and they have a more concrete plan :katie:

this. so much was done wrong in the planning of Checklist & Slow Down, im scared for this one too. :katie:

1 hour ago, shelven said:

Yeah, I agree, it doesn't seem like they have a direction yet, which is weird considering that she always said she wanted to do 90's RnB but with a modern twist. I like this song but this won't do much on the charts, it doesn't scream hit at all. It's kind of like she's getting told to try all this stuff and isn't doing what she wants. 

I'm rooting for her hard but I know that she has much more to give. She just needs a song with an undeniable hook and she will smash hard, especially if she gets a chance to perform it live. I'm really hoping that she comes harder in 2019 and with a banger.

6 hours ago, KarlosVzla said:

Out tomorrow :duca: 

This looks GORGEOUS 

i been waiting for this bop!

4 hours ago, shelven said:

It’s the Havana/OMG plan. It’s more effective and has a higher chance of success than releasing just one song.

28 minutes ago, GabrielLavigne said:

It’s the Havana/OMG plan. It’s more effective and has a higher chance of success than releasing just one song.

Um u can't model one person career to another that's a recipe for disaster 

2 hours ago, Mstreep said:

Um u can't model one person career to another that's a recipe for disaster 

I don’t think she’s modelling her career to another, but she’s using a strategy that proved to be effective. I think what Normani is doing is better than releasing just 1 song. As a new artist, she doesn’t have a guaranteed hit with whatever she releases, she needs to give the GP options.

3 minutes ago, GabrielLavigne said:

I don’t think she’s modelling her career to another, but she’s using a strategy that proved to be effective. I think what Normani is doing is better than releasing just 1 song. As a new artist, she doesn’t have a guaranteed hit with whatever she releases, she needs to give the GP options.

I don't think strategy is what she needs and should be focused on ...I think better writers is what she needs. Cause out of all the songs I've been hearing they lack strong hooks and melodies. 

9 hours ago, Love Drought said:

Love the cover, but this song sounded so basic live, hopefully the studio version sounds better 

But this is better than SD/Checklist.

OT; Good Choice.

2 hours ago, Mr.S said:

The song is really special, contemporary R&B with amazing production. 

You’ve heard the studio version al ready?